Lipid Control

bulldogz

bulldogz

Awards
  • Established
Anything else out there besides cycle support to control lipid profile?

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
ubiquinol coq10 and fish oil for sure

bulldogz

bulldogz

Awards
  • Established
ubiquinol coq10 and fish oil for sure
My lipid panel as of right now looks like this:

HDL- 26 (range: >39)
LDL- 153 (range: 0 - 99)

Ok..think I will try the ubiquinol coq10 a shot....how much fish oil everyday do you think?

hadijd

hadijd

Awards
Biomedsearch.com

Document Detail:

(Abstract)

Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) refers to a family of polyunsaturated fatty acids, being represented by a group of isomers of linoleic acid called conjugated for having a double bound after a simple bound. Among its isomers, trans-10,cis-12 and cis-9, cis-12 CLA stand out. These isomers can lead to different effects on the body: anticarcinogenic, antidiabetogenic, antiatherogenesis and positive body composition alteration. The objective of this review is to describe their mechanisms of action, effects on body composition, on plasmatic lipoproteins and supplementation. Studies about CLA supplementation show its capacity of reducing fat percentage, body mass and of promoting an improvement in lipid metabolism. One of the adverse effects attributed to one of the isomers is insulin resistance by body fat redistribution. Limitations in the scientific models used in CLA researches make impossible to draw conclusions about the action of this fatty acid on human metabolism.

Authors: A Baddini Feitoza; A Fernandes Pereira; N Ferreira da Costa; B Gonçalves Ribeiro

MLA Citation format: Baddini Feitoza, A & Fernandes Pereira, A & Ferreira da Costa, N & Gonçalves Ribeiro, B. Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA): effect modulation of body composition and lipid profile. Nutrición hospitalaria : organo oficial de la Sociedad Española de Nutrición Parenteral y Enteral. n.d.. n.p.

Blutarski

Blutarski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If your cardio is not spot on, I'd try increasing that before anything else. If it is, then fish oil (4g a day min) mixed with other beneficial fats like EVOO, Macadamia Nut Oil, Sesamin, Krill, etc. Low Carb diets sometimes help lipids, especially trigycerides. Your numbers aren't bad, I've let myself go a few times over the past 10 years and I can show you some seriously bad lipid reports. That said it's a good idea to nip a problem in the bud, which it sounds like you are doing. Good luck.