Whey protein question.........

tshaw024

Awards
So whey protein is great for when you first wake up in the morning because it is absorbed immediately. Would it be dumb to add peanut butter and a banana to my whey in the morning? I guess what I'm asking is will the other ingredients slow down the absorption of the whey protein, or will my body still digest the whey immediately even though I'm consuming other things at the same time?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
this is what i do for the morning

Wake up around 7 45 AM - Whey Protein (2 scoops) with yogurt, one egg, one banana, fruits(berries), oatmeal oats with milk.

8 30 AM - eat breakfast

This gives me a HUGE breakfast with all the nutrients i miss during sleep

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it shouldnt really matter what you add to it. i mean, whats the difference if it doesnt absorb quite as fast, 10 min alone vs 20 min with more nutrients in it? dont quote me on those times or anything, i just add more stuff to it to get more nutrients. maybe somebody else can answer it

wedlund6

Awards
  • Established
DO YOU MEAN MIXING IT ALL TOGETHER IN A BLENDER.OR EATING THEM AT THE SAME TIME

wedlund6

Awards
  • Established
even if you mean mixed together i would say no unless you add so much that it becomes thick like yogurt or you add something like bread that will absord it

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
So whey protein is great for when you first wake up in the morning because it is absorbed immediately. Would it be dumb to add peanut butter and a banana to my whey in the morning? I guess what I'm asking is will the other ingredients slow down the absorption of the whey protein, or will my body still digest the whey immediately even though I'm consuming other things at the same time?
no the only time you want the nutrients to pass through rapidly is the post workout meal. dietary fats are an essential addition to all other meals. especially eaten in the morning, pro+carb+fat definitely produces a good anabolic response