Perfect Snacks Help!!!

arnold77

Awards
Hey guys, I was curious as to what you guys think are perfect snacks to eat during the day with loads of protein? I'm 6'1 about 200lbs and trying to bulk to 215 - 220lbs. I like to stick to the fundamentals when it comes to meals for protein like fish, eggs, steak, chicken, beef, etc.. But sometimes its hard to find really great quality snacks in between those meals that are high in protein. I work a full time job and honestly I'm not the most creative chef so I like to keep things simple. I'm currently drinking a whey shake 3 times a day (one as a snack between b-fast and lunch, pre-workout, and post-workout). Like many of you, I prefer to stick with whole foods as much as possible. So I'm looking for recommendations for high protein snacks that you guys do during the day in between meals?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
whole wheat bagel
mustard on both halves
5-6 slices of turkey (oven roasted or smoked)
1 slice monterey jack cheese placed on top of turkey

microwave for 45 seconds.... quick, easy, and i guarantee you its one of the best snacks you've ever had.

i also do peanut butter by the tablespoon, and string cheese is an easily transported protein rich food.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Hard boiled eggs, oatmeal with protein powder, sugar free PBJ, almonds are my go to snacks while at work. I don't know what you do for a living, but I eat in my office. Don't know if those snacks are practical for you or not.

codywaters

codywaters

Awards
2 table spoons of PB, 2 scoops of whey, then roll it in crushed grahm crackers. They are the bomb and will pack on the positive size you need

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
2 table spoons of PB, 2 scoops of whey, then roll it in crushed grahm crackers. They are the bomb and will pack on the positive size you need
I can honestly say ive never heard of that before but it sounds pretty good lol. As mentioned a lot of people use Peanut Butter All Natural of course its good source of healthy fats and protein.

Carbking

Awards
If your trying to pack on the pounds invest in a weight gainer shake. They make good meal replacements. Im in the same boat when it comes to sticking with whole foods but its almost impossible when your eating 7 meals a aday and most of these meal times come when you are away from home. Weight gainers like cyto gainer and up your mass have complex carbs in them so they make the best meal replacements imo. Opposed to serious mass-type products which contain mostly simple carbs.

crcampbell89

Awards
get some mixed nuts, energy and a good source of nutrients all in one

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
Jerky and almonds actually taste good together. Try it. At least you get 2 breaks and a lunch every day

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Better protein Bars from NTBM are my go to snack. They have a decent amount of protein, taste great, and give me a god amount of cals to hit my mark each day!!:banana:

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Better protein Bars from NTBM are my go to snack. They have a decent amount of protein, taste great, and give me a god amount of cals to hit my mark each day!!:banana:
I like the Better Protein Bars, 400 calories and plenty of protein and good fat, carbs can be tailored to your desire since you make them yourself. Heck, you could add more protein to them adding your own whey in the mix.

I also like jerky, usually find deal on Amazon with free shipping.

Nuts are good as well.

Cans or pouches of tuna or chicken are always an easy high-protein snack for me as well.

Hard boiled eggs are another easy one to have on hand.