How to get coconut oil into shakes ?

bengelha

Awards
MCT did not work out.

Regular coconut oil is solid at room temp. Heating wont help when it hits the cold plain yogurt shake.

Anybody know the trick? Do I warm it and then blend it with another oil so its always liquid ?

Maybe I should just shave it like cheese

:)

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
MCT did not work out.

Regular coconut oil is solid at room temp. Heating wont help when it hits the cold plain yogurt shake.

Anybody know the trick? Do I warm it and then blend it with another oil so its always liquid ?

Maybe I should just shave it like cheese

:)
like you said shave it in. Do what you have to do.

Not sure if its that same but have you looked into coconut flour? Good fats+ fiber.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
like you said shave it in. Do what you have to do.

Not sure if its that same but have you looked into coconut flour? Good fats+ fiber.
This...my new favorite.
Check out Bob's red mill...it's very cheap.

bengelha

Awards
Well the excitement is waning now. The INFLAMMATION FACTOR (-1798) of this oil is astronomcal.

Dr. Weil lists the good the bad and sums it up by saying 'no'.

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/id/QAA316479

Is there some other oil you can take it with the balance it out ? I have ulcerative colitis in the large intestine so I generally aim to be alkaline diet.

Perhaps some avacado oil and canola in with it.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
PRAL =0.49 Protein + 0.037 Phosphorus- 0.021 Potassium - 0.026 Magnesium - 0.013 Calcium

The PRAL of this is probably close to zero.

The high inflammation factor is coming from the sat fats and is slightly misleading. Most sat fats are thought to be very inflammatory in nature because they can lead to obesity and/or metabolic syndrome.

bengelha

Awards
Awesome ! I thought it might be getting dumped into the broader group, I will go educate myself on PRAL and its effect on computing INFLAMMATION FACTOR.

Also I probably consumed way too much yesterday, once per day ought to be enough.

Lunchbox_81

Awards
I picked up some Barleans extra virgin coconut oil from max muscle here in columbus. breaks up just fine for me in shakes. mostly i use it to cook with but every so often i'll throw it in a shake.

MrMostly

Awards
I messed around with a chocolate concoction a few days ago.
I just mixed coconut oil and chocolate with xylitol, melted it in the microwave, then poured it on a greased plate in the refer.
I did not turn out hard enough but it could be done with a few adjustments. It tasted fine.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
Well the excitement is waning now. The INFLAMMATION FACTOR (-1798) of this oil is astronomcal.

Dr. Weil lists the good the bad and sums it up by saying 'no'.

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/id/QAA316479

Is there some other oil you can take it with the balance it out ? I have ulcerative colitis in the large intestine so I generally aim to be alkaline diet.

Perhaps some avacado oil and canola in with it.
just pointing out that website/article hasn't been updated in 5 years.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 3
Supplements 9
Supplements 31
Supplements 55
DemntedCowboy Nutrition / Health 1