MEAL #3=50g whey isolate shake. 3 Brown Rice Cakes

MEAL #4=10oz Tilapia. 1 tbsp mac.nut oil

MEAL #5=8oz red meat/chicken/fatty fish. Veggies

MEAL #6=8oz chicken or eggs. 1-2 tbsp PB

Wilderbeast

Wilderbeast

Awards
  • Established
What was your daily protein, carb, fat, and total calorie intake prior to your cut? I like your diet, BUT it is pretty low carb to start off. IMO when cutting if you aren't going ketogenic, start with more carbs in your diet to cut out later on. Unless of course you are carb cycling and that was one of your low carb days.

I personally like a ketogenic diet for cutting, but this type of diet is also effective. I would be careful with your weight measurements of your food. I weigh all of my food after cooking it. Shoot for about 50-55g of protein per meal. Also, your meal #1 looks a little light in protein. Breakfast is one time of day, like postworkout, where your body can absorb and utilize more protein at one sitting due to its fasted (catabolic) state.

BEAST

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
What was your daily protein, carb, fat, and total calorie intake prior to your cut? I like your diet, BUT it is pretty low carb to start off. IMO when cutting if you aren't going ketogenic, start with more carbs in your diet to cut out later on. Unless of course you are carb cycling and that was one of your low carb days.

I personally like a ketogenic diet for cutting, but this type of diet is also effective. I would be careful with your weight measurements of your food. I weigh all of my food after cooking it. Shoot for about 50-55g of protein per meal. Also, your meal #1 looks a little light in protein. Breakfast is one time of day, like postworkout, where your body can absorb and utilize more protein at one sitting due to its fasted (catabolic) state.

BEAST
sorry man...my carbs were around 200-250 ED, all from brown rice, wheat pasta, oatmeal and wheat bread (I rarely eat bread) protein was around 275g and fat was 75-80g ED, I started dieting after thanksgiving...nothing drastic just making sure I stuck to my macros and everything was healthy/clean. Im starting clen next week (which I still have questions about)...Ive been doing the diet I posted for 2 weeks today. Im noticing some differences which are good. I dont like keto IMO, its not that its hard, just I never know if im truly in ketosis. What would you suggest to add to my breakfast? more eggs? or a 50g isolate shake?

pcproffy

Awards
You are taking much more protein than your body can utilize. You don't even need that whey shake. 8 eggs is plenty for 1 meal. And get rid of that splenda! If you want to sweeten the oatmeal throw some berries in it.

Add 1 fruit or vegetable to every meal. Get 3 (at your size it should really be 4 each) of each every day and vary the colors. Here are some of my choices:

Baby carrots raw
Broccoli microwaved
Peas or whole snow peas microwaved
Whole Bell pepper raw
Zuccini lightly fried
Sweet corn preferably on the cob
Onion as part of stir fry

Apple
Orange
Banana
Any kind of berries
Grapes
Canteloupe

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
^ Ive started using Cinnamon instead of Splenda...

stormecho

stormecho

Awards
The absorption of protein is 24 grams or so at a time, from what I've heard.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
The absorption of protein is 24 grams or so at a time, from what I've heard.
I disagree. it all depends on several different factors such as height, weight, metabolic rate, activity level, body type, genetics, supps...

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Looks like a reasonable diet for cutting, at your weight. I don't know the nutritional information on the cakes though. I'm a big fan of carb cycling though. I think that its the best way to hang onto mass while cutting.

codywaters

codywaters

Awards
You are taking much more protein than your body can utilize. You don't even need that whey shake. 8 eggs is plenty for 1 meal. And get rid of that splenda! If you want to sweeten the oatmeal throw some berries in it.

Add 1 fruit or vegetable to every meal. Get 3 (at your size it should really be 4 each) of each every day and vary the colors. Here are some of my choices:

Baby carrots raw
Broccoli microwaved
Peas or whole snow peas microwaved
Whole Bell pepper raw
Zuccini lightly fried
Sweet corn preferably on the cob
Onion as part of stir fry

Apple
Orange
Banana
Any kind of berries
Grapes
Canteloupe
I call a penalty here! This is not at all good advice for a cut diet!!! This is **** girls eat when they diet and wonder why they are still fat.... way to much sugar in these fruits and the vegetables are a waist of space as well.

Kgtomcat: All of our bodies react differently to macros. I personally have a very low metabolism and am almost carb intolerant. I have a buddy that can eat 1700g of carbs a day and still drop fat, so the macros part is really you knowing how you react to food. If you are not carb intolerant like me, I would suggest keeping as many in your diet as possible. This will help you maintain and even build muscle. If you are going to do a low carb style diet, try to eat your carbs the meal before your workout so you can still maintain your intensity.

Good luck

pcproffy

Awards
You're hilarious, blaming a proper diet for causing fat gain! Why don't you complain about the rice cakes having too many carbs? Its all carbs, little fiber and no vitamins.

People would find cutting much easier if they ate the produce because the volume and fiber will reduce hunger.

Carl Lewis said that athletes have worse diets than regular people. One thing I know is bodybuilders fit the stereotype.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
Looks like a reasonable diet for cutting, at your weight. I don't know the nutritional information on the cakes though. I'm a big fan of carb cycling though. I think that its the best way to hang onto mass while cutting.
15g, all natural-organic. I dont fully believe in carb cycling anymore...I feel the 'refeeds' are just for people whom cannot handle the mental side of a strict diet....pu$$ie$
I call a penalty here! This is not at all good advice for a cut diet!!! This is **** girls eat when they diet and wonder why they are still fat.... way to much sugar in these fruits and the vegetables are a waist of space as well.

Kgtomcat: All of our bodies react differently to macros. I personally have a very low metabolism and am almost carb intolerant. I have a buddy that can eat 1700g of carbs a day and still drop fat, so the macros part is really you knowing how you react to food. If you are not carb intolerant like me, I would suggest keeping as many in your diet as possible. This will help you maintain and even build muscle. If you are going to do a low carb style diet, try to eat your carbs the meal before your workout so you can still maintain your intensity.

Good luck
it all depends on your bodytype...im a classic meso-endo morph. I can do good with some carbs. Your friend is prob a ecto=morph or "hardgainer" I suppose your a endo-morph due to the fact that you said your intolerant to carbs...just guessing
You're hilarious, blaming a proper diet for causing fat gain! Why don't you complain about the rice cakes having too many carbs? Its all carbs, little fiber and no vitamins.

People would find cutting much easier if they ate the produce because the volume and fiber will reduce hunger.

Carl Lewis said that athletes have worse diets than regular people. One thing I know is bodybuilders fit the stereotype.
are you serious? the rice cakes are only 15g of carbs...slow digesting complex carbs ideal for fuel..produce such as vegtables? you do not see green beans and or broc in my diet? Carl Lewis doens't know $hit...every body is different, you talk about fitting sterotypes..why live your life worrying about what schema your 'in'...just do you

Wilderbeast

Wilderbeast

Awards
  • Established
I would go with either 1 cup of eggwhites and 2-3 whole eggs OR 2 whole eggs mixed in a 40g whey isolate shake. Either way you want to end up at right about 50g of protein. Sometimes for my breakfast I do as much as 4 whole eggs and a 40-50g WPI shake. Usually I stick to about 50g of protein along with another 5-10g from oatmeal for a total of about 55-65.

BEAST

kmk25

kmk25

Awards
Tomcat i got a couple questions... what do u think ur protein total is daily? how many carbs are in those rice cakes? one suggestion would be to increase protein if anything, which is really good for metabolism and fat metabolism. Mainly just see how ur body reacts. cause along with diet the way u train can affect the cut your looking for as well. Im not sure about the chicken as your last meal i can see how ur not gonna digest that right before. try fish maybe or something a little faster digesting even a shake with pb and a banana or something.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
I would go with either 1 cup of eggwhites and 2-3 whole eggs OR 2 whole eggs mixed in a 40g whey isolate shake. Either way you want to end up at right about 50g of protein. Sometimes for my breakfast I do as much as 4 whole eggs and a 40-50g WPI shake. Usually I stick to about 50g of protein along with another 5-10g from oatmeal for a total of about 55-65.

BEAST
8 eggs (6g protein each)x8=48g protein
48+12 (protein in oats)=60g protein...;)

Tomcat i got a couple questions... what do u think ur protein total is daily? how many carbs are in those rice cakes? one suggestion would be to increase protein if anything, which is really good for metabolism and fat metabolism. Mainly just see how ur body reacts. cause along with diet the way u train can affect the cut your looking for as well. Im not sure about the chicken as your last meal i can see how ur not gonna digest that right before. try fish maybe or something a little faster digesting even a shake with pb and a banana or something.
right now my daily protein intake is around 270-290, Im currently weighing 218, so I feel that is plenty, if I lower carbs Ill be sure to raise protein and MAYBE raise fat. There are 15 grams of carbs in one rice cake, Im currently eating 5 a day so thats 75g+54g(oats)=129...add in some trace carbs and Im around 140-150g carbs a day..for my last meal I alternate between chicken, salmon, beef or a shake w/mac.nut oil or PB. No bananas cuz the insulin spike

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
diet looks OK from what i can tell. i would say your mono fat intake is a little lean in comparison to the huge amount of cholesterol you're taking in. cholesterol is one of the two building blocks of testosterone, and mono fats is the other. i would play around with increasing your mono fat intake a bit, but that's just me.

additionally, IMO, i wouldn't bother spending extra money on whey isolate if you're taking carbs with it. unless you're in carb depletion or cutting, there's no reason to take isolate if you're carbing up at the same time... again, my opinion.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
diet looks OK from what i can tell. i would say your mono fat intake is a little lean in comparison to the huge amount of cholesterol you're taking in. cholesterol is one of the two building blocks of testosterone, and mono fats is the other. i would play around with increasing your mono fat intake a bit, but that's just me.

additionally, IMO, i wouldn't bother spending extra money on whey isolate if you're taking carbs with it. unless you're in carb depletion or cutting, there's no reason to take isolate if you're carbing up at the same time... again, my opinion.
suncloud! finally someone I trusy! (no offense to anyone else ;))

what mono fats would you suggest?

thats the reason the large majority of my carbs are with meat...my post WO is a whey isolate shake and carbs just for recovery..

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
lol.

peanut butter is a great source, as are avocados, nuts, olive oil, canola oil, peanut oil. most of the other oils have crappy mono fat profiles. i think 6 tbsp is a good amount to aim for - at least that's whats worked best for me. and if you're not in the process of cutting, i think you could save money buying whey concentrate, as 2-3 grams of simple carbs aren't going to alter your gains if you're lean bulking or all out bulking. i'd save the isolate for a cut, but if money is no object, no harm no foul. :)

kmk25

kmk25

Awards
Tomcat next question. Wat is ur training like and supps. for this cut?

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
lol.

peanut butter is a great source, as are avocados, nuts, olive oil, canola oil, peanut oil. most of the other oils have crappy mono fat profiles. i think 6 tbsp is a good amount to aim for - at least that's whats worked best for me. and if you're not in the process of cutting, i think you could save money buying whey concentrate, as 2-3 grams of simple carbs aren't going to alter your gains if you're lean bulking or all out bulking. i'd save the isolate for a cut, but if money is no object, no harm no foul. :)
right now im eating 4tbsp of all-natty PB and 2tbsp of mac.nut oil..im cutting so my whey is isolate
Tomcat next question. Wat is ur training like and supps. for this cut?
supps are multi-vit, liver care, omega 3, taurine, hawthorne berry and clen...lol

training is traditional 4 sets of 12-8 reps, not exploding, everything is controlled and full focus on working the muscle, not just moving weight. my split is..
mon=chest+bi
tues=calves+abs
wed=back+hams
thurs=calves+abs
fri=shoulders+traps
sat=thighs
sun=sleep

...cardio everyday, fasted a.m. and post WO, incline walking on treadmill 30-45 min

kmk25

kmk25

Awards
I know ur trying to cut but i would up your carbs big time. 129 aint shi shi. I would also do exposive movements and less rest between sets. ur not trying to be symmetrical or be a bodybuilder with amazing form. Im not saying lose form but ive learned that speed=power which usually is followed by strength and more muscles. it cant hurt. at least try it a couple sets per exercise. I might throw in more good fats depending on ur intake amount. would also try grapefruits, stick to lean meats, maybe coffee and green teas.. supposedly has good fat burning benefits. I drink about 8 or so a day whether coffee or green tea

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
I know ur trying to cut but i would up your carbs big time. 129 aint shi shi. I would also do exposive movements and less rest between sets. ur not trying to be symmetrical or be a bodybuilder with amazing form. Im not saying lose form but ive learned that speed=power which usually is followed by strength and more muscles. it cant hurt. at least try it a couple sets per exercise. I might throw in more good fats depending on ur intake amount. would also try grapefruits, stick to lean meats, maybe coffee and green teas.. supposedly has good fat burning benefits. I drink about 8 or so a day whether coffee or green tea
I know man...but for some reason I feel better with a 3 second negative, but I do 'explode' somewhat on the positive. not like Branch explodes but more of an Arnold explode lol. I was actually thinking about raising my carbs and lowering my fats...main reason is because Ive been thinking lately about going back to a more 'old-school' approach to dieting (fat=fat)....or should I go with new science? high fat, high protein, low carb??
no tri's? for shame....
yes I know, but surprisingly my tri's get worked enough when I do chest and shoulders...and a little when I do the negative portion of a curl..dont forget every body is different lol :dunno:

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
im switching up my diet tonight...having 6 eggs (3 whole 3 white) with some pasta sauce then later 8oz of buffalo...maybe a whey shake with some PB before bed, not sure yet

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
diet looks pretty decent, i've adding a bunch of fiber in. i'll do a couple tbs of metamucil/psyllium before bed with some cottage cheese or a slow protein powder. down with nutrasweet! go with stevia if you must.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
ok making some changes...dropping splenda, and half my carbs, increasing fats only a little, and increasing protein (prob just a extra shake)

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
missed a meal..so daily protein is going to be a lil low :(

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
I would eliminate a lot of that grain and for a ketogenic approach. CKD is good.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
I would eliminate a lot of that grain and for a ketogenic approach. CKD is good.
yes right now the only grains im taking in are oats...im thinking about going to keto next week, well after the Super Bowl feast I have :439:

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
yes right now the only grains im taking in are oats...im thinking about going to keto next week, well after the Super Bowl feast I have :439:
You'll love it. Are you considering TKD or CKD?

I have actually been doing a hybrid.