Almond milk vs Soy milk Questions?

Colochine

Colochine

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone know anything about Almond Milk? I have found several studies on Soy milk and isoflavones, but I was wandering if almonds contain isoflavones.

I tasted some vanilla almond milk at work the other day and its taste is way better than soy milk and it has less calories and what not so I am wandering if it is actually better than soy milk in terms of isoflavones.

thanks, Colochine

davidl351

Awards
Does anyone know anything about Almond Milk? I have found several studies on Soy milk and isoflavones, but I was wandering if almonds contain isoflavones.

I tasted some vanilla almond milk at work the other day and its taste is way better than soy milk and it has less calories and what not so I am wandering if it is actually better than soy milk in terms of isoflavones.

thanks, Colochine
i don't believe so. isoflavones are primarily produced by the bean family.

almond milk is delicious, i tend to make my own. most of the commercial almond milk are either blanched, pasteurized, ultra-pasteurized, homogenized, etc. not saying that's bad, but it's all a matter of personal preference.

Colochine

Colochine

Awards
  • Established
Ahhhh makes sense, How do you make your own?

Are there phyto testosterones in soy along with the phyto estogens?

davidl351

Awards
Ahhhh makes sense, How do you make your own?

Are there phyto testosterones in soy along with the phyto estogens?
to make my own almond milk, i soak raw almonds in water overnight. 8-12 hours. then i blend them in a blender until smooth. place a bowl under a strainer and strain the blended almonds. i drink the almond milk and eat the almond shavings.

phytotestosterone? i'm not 100% positive of anything with phytotestosterone, maybe fenugreek, maca root, horny goat weed, and/or tribulus? not sure. and i'm not sure phytotest would be a good idea if they work in the same way as phytoestrogens.

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
I have not tried almond milk either. I think after reading this post I think I might try it.