Acne solutions -- Organic even!

pcproffy

Awards
I live in Colorado and its dry year around. My skin gets very dry and itchy so i have to moisturize. I don't know if its my awesome Suave lotion, but I've always had too much back acne.

I decided to change things up and try some organic solutions. There are all kinds of speculation about sulfates (in soaps/shampoos) and plastic bottles having estrogen effects. Keep in mind there is no standard for organic cleansing products. Organic is basically a definition that applies to food. I found a soap and shampoo that is USDA organic (pretty rare), which in theory means you can actually eat it.

For face acne use a 5% benzoyl wash. I try not to get it too close to my eyes because that skin is too sensitive. I use a 10% (oxy maximum) on my back with an exfoliating cloth and it has cut my acne down like 90%. Obviously these washes are not organic but they have been working great.

I use Jojoba oil as my face lotion. I put it in a glass bottle with an eye dropper and use about 8-10 drops, 1st rubbed together in my hand. It is not greasy at all. You have to rub it in fast because it absorbs into the skin quickly.

For the rest of my body, including my back I use almond oil as my lotion. Its a bit heavier than jojoba but not nearly as greasy as a typical cooking oil. I add some eucalyptus oil which gives it a kind of a refreshing menthol kick. Don't worry the smell is gone in 15 minutes. I find the almond oil to help my dry skin even better than "real" lotion. I put it in a glass bottle with a traditional lotion pump. A spray pump doesn't work well with oils.

Try these out and tell me how it works for you.

killamac27

killamac27

Awards
Whats the point of using acne products that work by drying skin out if you're going to use oils to remoisturize it?

pcproffy

Awards
Because the point of the benzoyl is to kill the bacteria. Dryness is a side effect. Replacing the lost oil to the skin helps prevent new bacteria from getting into the pores.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
^^^^^^^^
PC is right... I have major acne problems, I know all about that ****...
I hate using acutaine, killing my training, but that **** is working!
Hopefully I'll still be using it while I run my cycle...

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
^^^^^^^^
Well don't run any methylated steroids with it cause accutane will already be stressing your liver.

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
Have you checked this post yet for acne problems....

Look for the post with liver and acne in the title. Unfortunately I can not post links yet...

bboyflash

Awards
simple carbs are known to cause breakouts, limit ur sugar intake, this will help but wont eliminate

krybolt

Awards
simple carbs are known to cause breakouts, limit ur sugar intake, this will help but wont eliminate
I've heard that your diet has nothing to do with acne, and then i've heard that it does.. not sure which is right

Tyler3295

Awards
Sorry if it has already been mentioned here, but isn't Pantothenic Acid (B5) supposed to help with acne problems?

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry if it has already been mentioned here, but isn't Pantothenic Acid (B5) supposed to help with acne problems?
Yes it does

broons

Awards
  • Established
^^^^^^^^
I used accutane about 15 years ago to treat acne. And ill tell you if I had a time machine, I would go back and stop myself from ever taking it. Ya it got rid of my acne, but it destroyed my skin as well. I cannot go anywhere without a bottle of moisturizer with me. I can't go swimming or just get my face wet period without it turning into a mummified irritated looking mess. I can't remember what its like for my racial skin to feel normal. Plus I think I read somewhere of a link between accutane and suicidal thoughts/depression. Just my 2 cents. YMMV.

fitnessbyalex

fitnessbyalex

Awards
I live in Colorado and its dry year around. My skin gets very dry and itchy so i have to moisturize. I don't know if its my awesome Suave lotion, but I've always had too much back acne.

I decided to change things up and try some organic solutions. There are all kinds of speculation about sulfates (in soaps/shampoos) and plastic bottles having estrogen effects. Keep in mind there is no standard for organic cleansing products. Organic is basically a definition that applies to food. I found a soap and shampoo that is USDA organic (pretty rare), which in theory means you can actually eat it.

For face acne use a 5% benzoyl wash. I try not to get it too close to my eyes because that skin is too sensitive. I use a 10% (oxy maximum) on my back with an exfoliating cloth and it has cut my acne down like 90%. Obviously these washes are not organic but they have been working great.

I use Jojoba oil as my face lotion. I put it in a glass bottle with an eye dropper and use about 8-10 drops, 1st rubbed together in my hand. It is not greasy at all. You have to rub it in fast because it absorbs into the skin quickly.

For the rest of my body, including my back I use almond oil as my lotion. Its a bit heavier than jojoba but not nearly as greasy as a typical cooking oil. I add some eucalyptus oil which gives it a kind of a refreshing menthol kick. Don't worry the smell is gone in 15 minutes. I find the almond oil to help my dry skin even better than "real" lotion. I put it in a glass bottle with a traditional lotion pump. A spray pump doesn't work well with oils.

Try these out and tell me how it works for you.
inflammation, acidity, hormonal imbalance are 3 big players with acne. Take a look at your diet and see what kind of omega-3 to omega-6 ratio's you have and if you are eating a lot of saturated fat. Try for a 1:1-1:4 omega 3 to omega 6 ratio and keep saturated fat to a minimum. Eat alkaline foods like fruits and veggies. Try dial antibacterial soap. These things should cause significant improvements

-Alex

orangerain

Awards
I read in one article that using cooked oatmeal can help ease up acne and give your face a certain glow... so I tried it. Lol. It did work. I got a healthy glow and very soft skin as a result. The acne didn't lessen, though. I think you'd really need an anti-bacterial wash to get rid of acne.

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
ive tried every single thing you can think of...seriously from diet to prodcuts to Perscribed medications and its just all genetics man. Of course you can treat it all you want but if its your genes than its in your genes and it will go away when your body tells it to, no time before that.

Violator4200

Awards
ww.acne.org/messageboard/Omega-3-6-9-Fatty-Acid-t141574.html&st=3080
add another 'w' at the beginning i cant post links yet
Go buy 1200g fish oil (usually they are buy one get one free) and get the big one and take 2 pills 3 times a day and it will DEF help but give it a good week and a half or 2 weeks and try and not eat fast food too much it DOES mess your skin up.

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
i took/take mad fish oil etc and it did nothing. its genetics. they say drink water and it clears up....b.s. i drink a gallon to a gallon and a half and it does nothing. genetics

killamac27

killamac27

Awards
i took/take mad fish oil etc and it did nothing. its genetics. they say drink water and it clears up....b.s. i drink a gallon to a gallon and a half and it does nothing. genetics
now replace that water with sugar filled drinks and see if that doesn't make your acne worse.

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
i have and it doesnt, during my bulk i carry a 300+ gram carb drink loaded with complex and simple carbs/sugars and my acne was actually better then than now. ive posted about it before on here during my bulk so its clearly not B.S. lsooooooo like I said, its genetics.

Vengeance187

Vengeance187

Awards
lsooooooo like I said, its genetics.
Yep, mostly genetics. It's kind of stupid that there are still people that think acne is caused by not washing your face right.
An odd thing I've noticed is that my acne starts to clear up when I take test boosters, which is the exact opposite of most people's reaction.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good acne tips Ima look into trying some of these. My problem is after I shave the hair grows back and pricks my face which causes a barbers rash, red inflamed skin, so not really acne but maybe some of this things can help clear my face up

ianm4208

Awards
I read some random side note in a thread and the dude said use dawn dish soap. I was breaking out bad at the time and it worked like a charm. Haha I know its odd but it works

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jbtwentytwo Anabolics 16
Trufitnessman2022 Anabolics 12
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 0
TravD77 Anabolics 2
Qonix Nutrition / Health 4