Acne solutions -- Organic even!

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.54%

Acne solutions -- Organic even!

I live in Colorado and its dry year around. My skin gets very dry and itchy so i have to moisturize. I don't know if its my awesome Suave lotion, but I've always had too much back acne.

I decided to change things up and try some organic solutions. There are all kinds of speculation about sulfates (in soaps/shampoos) and plastic bottles having estrogen effects. Keep in mind there is no standard for organic cleansing products. Organic is basically a definition that applies to food. I found a soap and shampoo that is USDA organic (pretty rare), which in theory means you can actually eat it.

For face acne use a 5% benzoyl wash. I try not to get it too close to my eyes because that skin is too sensitive. I use a 10% (oxy maximum) on my back with an exfoliating cloth and it has cut my acne down like 90%. Obviously these washes are not organic but they have been working great.

I use Jojoba oil as my face lotion. I put it in a glass bottle with an eye dropper and use about 8-10 drops, 1st rubbed together in my hand. It is not greasy at all. You have to rub it in fast because it absorbs into the skin quickly.

For the rest of my body, including my back I use almond oil as my lotion. Its a bit heavier than jojoba but not nearly as greasy as a typical cooking oil. I add some eucalyptus oil which gives it a kind of a refreshing menthol kick. Don't worry the smell is gone in 15 minutes. I find the almond oil to help my dry skin even better than "real" lotion. I put it in a glass bottle with a traditional lotion pump. A spray pump doesn't work well with oils.

Try these out and tell me how it works for you.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.78%

Try a humidifier. Stop using so many products.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.54%

Quote Originally Posted by killamac27 View Post
    Try a humidifier. Stop using so many products.
    Good idea. Should be easy to humidify an entire freaking state.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.78%

Whats the point of using acne products that work by drying skin out if you're going to use oils to remoisturize it?
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.54%

Because the point of the benzoyl is to kill the bacteria. Dryness is a side effect. Replacing the lost oil to the skin helps prevent new bacteria from getting into the pores.
  6. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

^^^^^^^^
    PC is right... I have major acne problems, I know all about that ****...
    I hate using acutaine, killing my training, but that **** is working!
    Hopefully I'll still be using it while I run my cycle...
  7. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.47%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by gamer2be08 View Post
    ^^^^^^^^
    Well don't run any methylated steroids with it cause accutane will already be stressing your liver.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.77%

Have you checked this post yet for acne problems....

Look for the post with liver and acne in the title. Unfortunately I can not post links yet...
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.9%

simple carbs are known to cause breakouts, limit ur sugar intake, this will help but wont eliminate
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  176 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66%

Quote Originally Posted by pcproffy View Post
    Good idea. Should be easy to humidify an entire freaking state.
    lol
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  176 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66%

Quote Originally Posted by bboyflash View Post
    simple carbs are known to cause breakouts, limit ur sugar intake, this will help but wont eliminate
    I've heard that your diet has nothing to do with acne, and then i've heard that it does.. not sure which is right
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.04%

Sorry if it has already been mentioned here, but isn't Pantothenic Acid (B5) supposed to help with acne problems?
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.3%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler3295 View Post
    Sorry if it has already been mentioned here, but isn't Pantothenic Acid (B5) supposed to help with acne problems?
    Yes it does
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.58%

Quote Originally Posted by gamer2be08 View Post
    ^^^^^^^^
    I used accutane about 15 years ago to treat acne. And ill tell you if I had a time machine, I would go back and stop myself from ever taking it. Ya it got rid of my acne, but it destroyed my skin as well. I cannot go anywhere without a bottle of moisturizer with me. I can't go swimming or just get my face wet period without it turning into a mummified irritated looking mess. I can't remember what its like for my racial skin to feel normal. Plus I think I read somewhere of a link between accutane and suicidal thoughts/depression. Just my 2 cents. YMMV.
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.33%

Quote Originally Posted by pcproffy View Post
    I live in Colorado and its dry year around. My skin gets very dry and itchy so i have to moisturize. I don't know if its my awesome Suave lotion, but I've always had too much back acne.

I decided to change things up and try some organic solutions. There are all kinds of speculation about sulfates (in soaps/shampoos) and plastic bottles having estrogen effects. Keep in mind there is no standard for organic cleansing products. Organic is basically a definition that applies to food. I found a soap and shampoo that is USDA organic (pretty rare), which in theory means you can actually eat it.

For face acne use a 5% benzoyl wash. I try not to get it too close to my eyes because that skin is too sensitive. I use a 10% (oxy maximum) on my back with an exfoliating cloth and it has cut my acne down like 90%. Obviously these washes are not organic but they have been working great.

I use Jojoba oil as my face lotion. I put it in a glass bottle with an eye dropper and use about 8-10 drops, 1st rubbed together in my hand. It is not greasy at all. You have to rub it in fast because it absorbs into the skin quickly.

For the rest of my body, including my back I use almond oil as my lotion. Its a bit heavier than jojoba but not nearly as greasy as a typical cooking oil. I add some eucalyptus oil which gives it a kind of a refreshing menthol kick. Don't worry the smell is gone in 15 minutes. I find the almond oil to help my dry skin even better than "real" lotion. I put it in a glass bottle with a traditional lotion pump. A spray pump doesn't work well with oils.

Try these out and tell me how it works for you.
    inflammation, acidity, hormonal imbalance are 3 big players with acne. Take a look at your diet and see what kind of omega-3 to omega-6 ratio's you have and if you are eating a lot of saturated fat. Try for a 1:1-1:4 omega 3 to omega 6 ratio and keep saturated fat to a minimum. Eat alkaline foods like fruits and veggies. Try dial antibacterial soap. These things should cause significant improvements

-Alex
  16. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.07%

Megadosing Zinc sometimes works.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'2"  118 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.23%

I read in one article that using cooked oatmeal can help ease up acne and give your face a certain glow... so I tried it. Lol. It did work. I got a healthy glow and very soft skin as a result. The acne didn't lessen, though. I think you'd really need an anti-bacterial wash to get rid of acne.
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.32%

ive tried every single thing you can think of...seriously from diet to prodcuts to Perscribed medications and its just all genetics man. Of course you can treat it all you want but if its your genes than its in your genes and it will go away when your body tells it to, no time before that.
  19. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.15%

ww.acne.org/messageboard/Omega-3-6-9-Fatty-Acid-t141574.html&st=3080
    add another 'w' at the beginning i cant post links yet
    Go buy 1200g fish oil (usually they are buy one get one free) and get the big one and take 2 pills 3 times a day and it will DEF help but give it a good week and a half or 2 weeks and try and not eat fast food too much it DOES mess your skin up.
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.32%

i took/take mad fish oil etc and it did nothing. its genetics. they say drink water and it clears up....b.s. i drink a gallon to a gallon and a half and it does nothing. genetics
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.78%

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky5145 View Post
    i took/take mad fish oil etc and it did nothing. its genetics. they say drink water and it clears up....b.s. i drink a gallon to a gallon and a half and it does nothing. genetics
    now replace that water with sugar filled drinks and see if that doesn't make your acne worse.
  22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.32%

i have and it doesnt, during my bulk i carry a 300+ gram carb drink loaded with complex and simple carbs/sugars and my acne was actually better then than now. ive posted about it before on here during my bulk so its clearly not B.S. lsooooooo like I said, its genetics.
  23. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.91%

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky5145 View Post
    lsooooooo like I said, its genetics.
    Yep, mostly genetics. It's kind of stupid that there are still people that think acne is caused by not washing your face right.
    An odd thing I've noticed is that my acne starts to clear up when I take test boosters, which is the exact opposite of most people's reaction.
  24. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.01%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Good acne tips Ima look into trying some of these. My problem is after I shave the hair grows back and pricks my face which causes a barbers rash, red inflamed skin, so not really acne but maybe some of this things can help clear my face up
  25. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.56%

I read some random side note in a thread and the dude said use dawn dish soap. I was breaking out bad at the time and it worked like a charm. Haha I know its odd but it works
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.31%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

he has a point, regular soap/shampoo/shaving cream/etc are loaded with chemicals and irritate your skin like no other, usually making acne much worse. just by getting rid of all those detergents from your life you will see a much better looking skin. Here is a post I wrote about it:

Live in an environment free of chemicals

Similar Forum Threads

1. PCT acne same as puberty acne??
    By nonidentity in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-04-2011, 02:24 PM
  2. Problems with acne...what AAS/PH not give acne?
    By DaveMcNaul in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 10:27 PM
  3. acne, acne.org and my situation
    By purebred in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 04-29-2009, 06:27 PM
  4. Organic recipes an organic drinks!
    By juliaroger in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-16-2007, 02:56 PM