What are some of the best things to eat?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Be aware of the caloric count in the protein bars you are considering, some of which will have up to 500 calories. This is way too many if you are interested in losing weight. Find a low carb protein bar that offers 200 calories or fewer, but still provides up to 15 grams of protein.

    The ingredients of a protein bar are vital. Some of them will have an excess amount of artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Small amounts of these ingredients will cause your body no harm, but because they are so prevalent in many of our foods, it is best to avoid them whenever possible.


  2. always EVOO! Ive stopped eating protein bars, unless I completely have to eat something..
    •   
       


  3. Fish, chicken, turkey, beef, eggs, olive oil, broccoli, brown rice, and cottage cheese.

  4. also grapeseed oil , its easier to cook with

  5. Hey Easy, how lean or protein is what you call "particularly lean" And what are the best healthy fats? Oh yeah, what nuts do you recommend? I'm full of questions, but that's because this place is full of answers.
    •   
       


  6. basically chicken/turkey breast, most any fish or the following cuts of beef

    Eye of round roast
    Top round steak
    Mock tender steak
    Bottom round roast
    Top sirloin steak

    The best healthy fats would be any of the fats from nuts (walnut has some extra bonuses), flax seeds/oil, olive oil (not as much when it is used for cooking as that oxidizes it), coconut oil, fish oil.

    I'm probably leaving one or two out

  7. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    basically chicken/turkey breast, most any fish or the following cuts of beef

    Eye of round roast
    Top round steak
    Mock tender steak
    Bottom round roast
    Top sirloin steak

    The best healthy fats would be any of the fats from nuts (walnut has some extra bonuses), flax seeds/oil, olive oil (not as much when it is used for cooking as that oxidizes it), coconut oil, fish oil.

    I'm probably leaving one or two out
    Agreed on the steak, you forgot grapeseed oil, in the oils section.

  8. yeah, its healthy for use in cooking, i'm a little less sure of its use raw for nutrition

  9. Quote Originally Posted by ItsHectic View Post
    Olive oil is great, get extra virgin cold pressed in a non clear bottle.

    Everything I could think of has already been listed, but specifically blueberries are suppose to be really good, not surprising as its hard to find anything edible and organic which has the color blue in it.

    Dark chocolate is something worth mentioning too, chocolate protein would be a good substitute though as long as you get the cocoa without all the sugar.
    Yes, berries are awesome especially blackberries and blue berries, but also strawberry and raspberries.

    All green foods especially Brocoli, brocoli is the king of nutrition.

    Ketchup has lycopene, you can get lowcarb.

    One of the best cutting diets i would do would include a lot of fibrous vegetable, high fiber black berries, and red meat.

    If you eat grass fed beed and organic berries, it almost like you lived a million years ago, a diet of foraging and hunting. No dam Corn, corn is in everything now.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    yeah, its healthy for use in cooking, i'm a little less sure of its use raw for nutrition
    It sounds great on paper, think of the antioxidant effects that the pil form grapeseed extracts have, you kill two bird in one stone, antioxidant effects, plus healthy mono saturated fats.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by DavidCopafeel View Post
    And I certainly need to drink more water, holy crap I need to drink more water.
    How did you get so dehydrated that it became a "holy crap" situation. I hope this doesn't come off as insulting. I just honestly whant to know.

  12. It's not that I'm severely dehydrated, it's more along the lines that I consistently don't drink any water in a day. If I have a bottle of water, it's a holiday.

  13. Ok, so what should be in every meal I have? A checklist of sorts, for me, the skinny ass ectomorph.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by DavidCopafeel View Post
    I forgot to mention, I'm an ectomorph. Don't know if that changes anything.
    wtf is an ectomorph?

  15. Quote Originally Posted by CodyK7 View Post
    wtf is an ectomorph?
    skinny body type. "Hard gainer".

  16. Quote Originally Posted by DavidCopafeel View Post
    I'm kind of new at this whole health business. I've asked different people about what healthy is, including vegans, and I always get a different answer. I figured you guys would know a thing or two about being healthy. So what are some of the best things to eat? And how much of each? Just to get a general idea of the landscape, you know.
    Good question, now this is a very difficult question because everybody is going to have an opinion on this. I am going to tell you the first thing I tell my clients before they start a wellness program with me. These are the basics.

    For each meal you need to eat each of these macronutrients: Protein, Carbohydrate, and Fat. Without all 3 of these it does not constitute as a meal.

    The best way to get each source:

    Protein: Organic free range animals. Fish, Chicken, Turkey, Deer, Beef - all good sources of protein -- black beans, legumes, pinto beans

    Carbohydrates: The best source is Vegetables - fresh organic -- sweet potatos, yams, Oatmeal, but I would stay away from breads and pastas. (if you can)

    Fats: Good source of fats are: Vegetables - olive and cocunut oil, nuts, and fish.

    You should be supplementing with a GOOD QUALITY multi vitamin, and a heavy metal free Omega 3 source (fish oil)

    1. drink water (half body weight in oz/day)
    2. cut out sweets
    3. stay away from fried, processed, frozen, and packaged meals.
    4. Eat more vegetables, you usually always need more
    5. Have a positive attitude.
    6. Anything that has 0 calories is Artificial and not made to go in your body!!!
    7. Organic fruits vegetables and meats are very good for you
    8. Do a cleanse every 6 months
    9. Just because its "low fat" does not make it healthy
    10. Learn to read labels - hydrogenized, artificial, High fructose corn syrup fructose, many other things = not healthy.

    Hope this helps

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    Good question, now this is a very difficult question because everybody is going to have an opinion on this. I am going to tell you the first thing I tell my clients before they start a wellness program with me. These are the basics.

    For each meal you need to eat each of these macronutrients: Protein, Carbohydrate, and Fat. Without all 3 of these it does not constitute as a meal.

    The best way to get each source:

    Protein: Organic free range animals. Fish, Chicken, Turkey, Deer, Beef - all good sources of protein -- black beans, legumes, pinto beans

    Carbohydrates: The best source is Vegetables - fresh organic -- sweet potatos, yams, Oatmeal, but I would stay away from breads and pastas. (if you can)

    Fats: Good source of fats are: Vegetables - olive and cocunut oil, nuts, and fish.

    You should be supplementing with a GOOD QUALITY multi vitamin, and a heavy metal free Omega 3 source (fish oil)

    1. drink water (half body weight in oz/day)
    2. cut out sweets
    3. stay away from fried, processed, frozen, and packaged meals.
    4. Eat more vegetables, you usually always need more
    5. Have a positive attitude.
    6. Anything that has 0 calories is Artificial and not made to go in your body!!!
    7. Organic fruits vegetables and meats are very good for you
    8. Do a cleanse every 6 months
    9. Just because its "low fat" does not make it healthy
    10. Learn to read labels - hydrogenized, artificial, High fructose corn syrup fructose, many other things = not healthy.

    Hope this helps
    Great post!! Thanks!

    on #8, when you say "do a cleanse" what does that mean exactly?

  18. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    i thin best possible single meal would be
    8oz grilled salmon
    1/2 cup raw asparagus
    1/2 cup boiled spinach
    1 cup cooked quinoa
    YES!!!!!!

    although may be too much protein for some in that meal.

    I love me some quinoa with macnut oil!!!

    Buckwheat (cooked in chicken broth instead of water)

    Amaranth (with 1 splenda per seriving)

    those are seriously the only grains i eat, lol. best stuff on earth,

    All veggies!!! cucumber, oinion, garlic zucchini, squash (all kinds), sweet potato, asparagus, string bean, mushroom

    fruits i personally limit to these : bleberry raspberry strawberry, occasional banana , Avacados ( i believe they are a fruit),

    fats macadamia nute, almonds EVOO coconut oil, fishoil, primrose oil,

    for a little bit of taste i mix EVOO and Balsamic vinagette on chiken tste pretty good.

    i hope these sources help

  19. Quote Originally Posted by FilipeBR View Post
    Great post!! Thanks!

    on #8, when you say "do a cleanse" what does that mean exactly?

    There are different types of cleanses, or detox programs that are available. I recommend that you do some type of cleanse once or twice a year. You can cleanse your liver, galbladder, kidneys, blood, digestive system.... etc...

  20. oatbran

  21. no apples Crazy???
    ..they keep the doctor away though hahaha

  22. Now Tone, I have a few questions about your checklist. First of all, why are breads and pastas bad? I didn't even know they were bad at all. Second of all, how much water should I drink in a day? You say half my body weight in ounces. I weigh 160 pounds. So 80 ounces a day or 1280 ounces a day? Also, if you could give me a couple examples of complete meals, that would be great, just to get a mental picture of healthy eating.

    Oh yeah, one more thing. What's a good quality multi vitamin? And which one do I choose?

  23. Buckwheat is actually a fruit technically.
    I never eat anything baked. Baked goods are all high Glycemic Index foods and also have Mallard Reaction byproducts which are bad.
    Use google - can't post links.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. the little things...
    By lemon in forum Bulking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-26-2010, 09:55 PM
  2. 2 things
    By jinkillkill in forum General Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-28-2004, 09:12 PM
  3. 101 Things to NOT Say During......
    By YellowJacket in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-04-2003, 07:44 PM
Log in
Log in