getting to the bottom of the cocconut oil debate - AnabolicMinds.com

getting to the bottom of the cocconut oil debate

1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.

getting to the bottom of the cocconut oil debate

Some believe that because it works like a carb and may perserve glycogen, that it can HURT ketogenosis. Others believe that the ketones released during it's metabolism can actually HELP burn bodyfat. Can anyone say from experience how this stuff seemed to affect bodyweight?

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

well in theory the MCTs in coconut oil are easily available and get used quickly as an energy source. its also been said that the MCTs speed up the rate of burning fat into fuel.

when I was doing 2-3 tbs a day I could really tell a difference. I felt a little warmer, like my body was running a degree higher. My metabolism is already pretty fast and it basically went through the roof. I was burning through food like it was my job. From my experience coconut oil is the greatest thing that nature got to offer. Im actually not eating any currently because ive been gaining weight and olive oil helps me do that. Im still using coconut as a moisturizer, hair gel, anti-septic.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.

What do you mean by aitiseptic? I know what the word means, but you said you arn't consuming it, so I'm cnfused.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

oh well anti-septic is anything that kills bacteria, viruses. like an alcohol pad in the first aid kit is an anti-septic. coconut oil kills germs and is also great at getting rid of fungus,athletes foot, etc. check out this diesel list of benefits :

http://www.coconutresearchcenter.org/
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.

I was basically just wonfering if you rubbed it on, and I guess the answer is yes. thanks for the link by the way. I've thought abut trying coconut for several different reasons over the past few months, and I guess it this point, it's a no brainer.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

yea bro just make sure you buy Unrefined Organic. the cheaper ones are good for cooking, more expensive ones are very light and great for moisturizing face/body/scalp
  7. New Member

i'm going to have to agree with Anton. coconut oil is a boon. it got tainted picture because previous studies were done with partially hydrogenated coconut oil, and we all know what kind of havoc hydrogenated oils do to your body.

i use it as a hand lotion -- it keeps my hands moisturized for i don't know how long. i also use it as a cooking oil for my eggs -- gives the eggs a slight coconutty flavor which i love. and i don't gain weight with it, even though i use double the servings when cooking.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by davidl351 View Post
    i'm going to have to agree with Anton. coconut oil is a boon. it got tainted picture because previous studies were done with partially hydrogenated coconut oil, and we all know what kind of havoc hydrogenated oils do to your body.

i use it as a hand lotion -- it keeps my hands moisturized for i don't know how long. i also use it as a cooking oil for my eggs -- gives the eggs a slight coconutty flavor which i love. and i don't gain weight with it, even though i use double the servings when cooking.
    yes sir coconut oil to make eggs is the best..i use tons to when i cook my eggs..give kind of a extra sweet taste to them and i add onions peppers and hot red pepper so i end up with sweet n spicy flavor
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

And brownies - but for some reason I don't notice much fat loss when I eat those LOL
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    And brownies - but for some reason I don't notice much fat loss when I eat those LOL
  11. New Member

speaking of which, i just had scrambled eggs with coconut oil. absolutely DELISH.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Vote your Top 5 and bottom 5
    By littlebigman7 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-25-2009, 12:26 PM
  2. How to lose that fat on the bottom abs
    By MkUltra in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 11-26-2008, 01:04 AM
  3. Fat under nipple/bottom chest
    By pizzathehut in forum Weight Loss