getting to the bottom of the cocconut oil debate

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Some believe that because it works like a carb and may perserve glycogen, that it can HURT ketogenosis. Others believe that the ketones released during it's metabolism can actually HELP burn bodyfat. Can anyone say from experience how this stuff seemed to affect bodyweight?

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
well in theory the MCTs in coconut oil are easily available and get used quickly as an energy source. its also been said that the MCTs speed up the rate of burning fat into fuel.

when I was doing 2-3 tbs a day I could really tell a difference. I felt a little warmer, like my body was running a degree higher. My metabolism is already pretty fast and it basically went through the roof. I was burning through food like it was my job. From my experience coconut oil is the greatest thing that nature got to offer. Im actually not eating any currently because ive been gaining weight and olive oil helps me do that. Im still using coconut as a moisturizer, hair gel, anti-septic.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
What do you mean by aitiseptic? I know what the word means, but you said you arn't consuming it, so I'm cnfused.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
oh well anti-septic is anything that kills bacteria, viruses. like an alcohol pad in the first aid kit is an anti-septic. coconut oil kills germs and is also great at getting rid of fungus,athletes foot, etc. check out this diesel list of benefits :

http://www.coconutresearchcenter.org/

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I was basically just wonfering if you rubbed it on, and I guess the answer is yes. thanks for the link by the way. I've thought abut trying coconut for several different reasons over the past few months, and I guess it this point, it's a no brainer.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
yea bro just make sure you buy Unrefined Organic. the cheaper ones are good for cooking, more expensive ones are very light and great for moisturizing face/body/scalp

davidl351

Awards
i'm going to have to agree with Anton. coconut oil is a boon. it got tainted picture because previous studies were done with partially hydrogenated coconut oil, and we all know what kind of havoc hydrogenated oils do to your body.

i use it as a hand lotion -- it keeps my hands moisturized for i don't know how long. i also use it as a cooking oil for my eggs -- gives the eggs a slight coconutty flavor which i love. and i don't gain weight with it, even though i use double the servings when cooking.

purelife1

i'm going to have to agree with Anton. coconut oil is a boon. it got tainted picture because previous studies were done with partially hydrogenated coconut oil, and we all know what kind of havoc hydrogenated oils do to your body.

i use it as a hand lotion -- it keeps my hands moisturized for i don't know how long. i also use it as a cooking oil for my eggs -- gives the eggs a slight coconutty flavor which i love. and i don't gain weight with it, even though i use double the servings when cooking.
yes sir coconut oil to make eggs is the best..i use tons to when i cook my eggs..give kind of a extra sweet taste to them and i add onions peppers and hot red pepper so i end up with sweet n spicy flavor

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
And brownies - but for some reason I don't notice much fat loss when I eat those ;) LOL

davidl351

Awards
speaking of which, i just had scrambled eggs with coconut oil. absolutely DELISH.