- 01-09-2010, 09:25 AM
- 01-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Some squash have more carbs and are more starchy than others. If you want a low carb/starch squash, go with spaghetti squash.
Butternut are much higher in carbs and starches.
- 01-09-2010, 07:49 PM
This is my first time to hear about this so I am surprised that that is so. I searched the internet for more information and this is what I got:
Squash are fleshy vegetables protected by a hard rind. They belong to the plant family that includes melons and cucumbers. The skin and rind of summer squash are rich in the nutrient beta-carotene, but the fleshy portion of this vegetable is not. To gain the full nutritional benefits of this vegetable, the skins or rinds must be eaten.
This is from Discovery Health.
01-09-2010, 07:58 PM
Zucchini is great, and spaghetti squash are delicious and full of tons of fiber (tasty eaten like regular spaghetti w/ sauce and sausage/ground meat over the top). Pumpkin is pretty healthy too, higher in carbs, but full of LOTS of potassium if I recall. If eaten at the right time of the day, many squash can be a great food choice.
01-10-2010, 08:37 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By stangdrvr76 in forum SupplementsReplies: 5Last Post: 09-07-2009, 02:44 PM
- By Dancebot 2000 in forum SupplementsReplies: 8Last Post: 05-28-2009, 03:19 PM
- By babywifey in forum RecipesReplies: 4Last Post: 09-06-2008, 04:48 PM
- By yeahright in forum RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 06-10-2006, 10:16 AM
- By BigVrunga in forum RecipesReplies: 1Last Post: 06-02-2006, 01:46 PM