any insomniacs in here? i need help

newhaircut49

Awards
I am bulking and need my sleep. I've had trouble sleeping for years now, as of now I cant fall asleep until around 4 in the morning, given I go to bed at around midnight. even when I fall asleep it is a very restless sleep and I always wake up exhausted and really irritable. Then I feel like **** throughout the day bc I didn't sleep, and find myself yawning in the gym all the time. I am very stressed/anxious 24/7 and come bed time I just cant shut my brain off for ****. So I drug myself with muscle relaxants/pot/niquil/ even valiums and codeine (not all at the same time lol) anything to knock me out so I can just freaking SLEEP.

anyone in the same boat? Any medications/herbal things you would recommend? I've read some ppl use GHB on here but dont know where I would get that.. Or should I just go to the doctors and get on ambien, does that even work? I've tried all over the counter sleep aids and I feel a little relaxed from them but its not enough to push me into sleep. The only times I wake up feeling refreshed is when I am passed the F out on valiums or something. which is not good IMO.

im tired of dealing with this. Schools getting serious, my life is really starting to suffer from this. and god knows its not helping me bulk. i just want to sleep :(

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
get some somnidren samples from MST (they're free to try). it really helped my sleep, and made me a believer in GH boosters.

i had that issue for a very long time. in fact, when IBE was doing their x-dreams logging opportunity, i was going to bed at midnight-1am and waking back up by 3am. absolutely sucked, and i was a zombie throughout my day - unable to focus thoughts cohesively, etc. that logging opportunity convinced me that GH boosters have a lot of good to offer, so a sample or two from MST will hopefully convince you of the same :)

greekgeorge

Awards
  • Established
Use Valerian root caps. Its a herb that knocks me out. take it one hour before bed, and one or two immediately before sleep. Its a herb and generally herbs take three days to kick in, you can buy it at a grocery store, cheap brands work im currently using one from sundown, which is usually at rite aid, my local grocery had two bottle for three bucks! The efffect is similar to valum which valums base comes from the valerian root. IT gives you incredible dreams, very vivid and I feel very rested when I awake. I generally hate gnc and its products but there store brand zma hass 500 mg in it plus a few other sleep aids. its expensive though. Get valerian route. There are others that work okay, melatonin, but in my opinion valerian is the best, its multi purpose, it calms frazzled nerves. one to two of them is good sleep over 4 can make for scary or to vivid of dreams. oh and cannabis!

newhaircut49

Awards
thanks guys, I just ordered a sample of somnidren GH from MST. crossing my fingers!

I actually still have a bottle of valerian root extract by nutrilite. I tried it several months ago but it wasnt enough, i just felt relaxed for like 30 min then i was up again. since i still have it Ill try taking more than i used to and see what happens.

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
I use Doxylamine Succinate @ 100mg along with a fat bowl of weed. Works like a charm

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
To answer regarding ambian... yes it works. Benedryl works for me too, but I need to take waaay to many of them and it makes me groggy in the morning and hard to get up. Ambian knocks me out and I rest well, and feel good in the AM. I've tried most of the supplement stuff that everyone mentions on here, but none work for me. I have been diagnosed insomnia by my physician and know it's PTSD related. If it continues and it really is hurting you don't be afraid to see a doc, and maybe get a sleep study done.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Melatonin, try Xdreams, phenibut or if its really out of control benzo's from a doctor.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Baclofen worked pretty well for me, and I'm pretty sure it really boosts GH since it works similarly to GHB. Baclofen also increases delta sleep. Same with flexoril.

I tried trazodol, wasn't for me..made me tired all day the next day.

Lyrica works wonders too..but it's also more for pain relief.

Pitbull14218

Pitbull14218

Awards
Melatonin - i supplement this and it seems to help, fall asleep faster and wake up feeling like i got a really good nights sleep! Its cheap too i got like 2 bottles for like $7bucks.

b9cist

b9cist

Awards
I agree with pitbull, give melatonin a try. I have always had trouble getting to sleep and melatonin helps. I take 6 mg of melatonin along with some ZMA and get some good deep sleep.

Pitbull14218

Pitbull14218

Awards
I agree with pitbull, give melatonin a try. I have always had trouble getting to sleep and melatonin helps. I take 6 mg of melatonin along with some ZMA and get some good deep sleep.
thanks, i was thinking about buying some ZMA maybe i should try that too!

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
If melatonin 1-3 mg and valerian root combo don't work see a doc.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Oh did anyone say melatonin. :icon_lol:

angelo212

Awards
  • Established
Ambian. It's a non narcotic and works really well for me. You can try everything that people mentioned but from your description you are a "true insomniac" and will need prescribed meds. DO NOT TAKE ANY BENZODIAZAPAMS. They will work but you do not want a benzo habit. Oh my freaken God you don't want that. Tell your doctor you want to try ambian the 10mg ones then break them in half and see how that does. There is a extended release version to. Lunesta is another one that is very good. Alot of doctors will try to give you Temazepam (Restoril). That is a benzo and say no. I promise ambian or lunesta will do it for you.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ambian. It's a non narcotic and works really well for me. You can try everything that people mentioned but from your description you are a "true insomniac" and will need prescribed meds. DO NOT TAKE ANY BENZODIAZAPAMS. They will work but you do not want a benzo habit. Oh my freaken God you don't want that. Tell your doctor you want to try ambian the 10mg ones then break them in half and see how that does. There is a extended release version to. Lunesta is another one that is very good. Alot of doctors will try to give you Temazepam (Restoril). That is a benzo and say no. I promise ambian or lunesta will do it for you.
I concur with the above, especially on the benzo note. However, I do have to warn you about Lunesta... works good, but in the morning your mouth will taste like a rat crawled in there and died.

Psychabinol

Awards
  • Established
Apaptogenics herbs are really great, id personally reccomend Daily Stress Forumula by pure encapsulations, the stuff is amazing. You got to know a doctor to get the cheap price i get though:)
Ashwaganda
Rhodilea Rosea
Siberian Gingeng and other stuff.

It helps a lot for me with stress and depression. ITs all natural and awesome. You could by the different adaptogenic herbs separately too. Adaptogenic herbs are also good for so much other stuff too.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Here is something that works for me when I am restless. Pick up a book that you are interested in. When your brain is all over the place focusing on one thing, reading and absorbing what's in it, will slow things down. When you realize you keep reading the same paragraph put ut down. I usually wake up with the light on and the book in the floor.

I suggest something you enjoy instead of school related.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ambien and lunesta are kinda old school sleep drugs... with their share of side effects. And yes benzos suck.

Honestly people with severe insomnia should look into drugs which increase Delta sleep... alternative gaba-effecting drugs (baclofen, lyrica) and flexoril are really great for this and have studies which support that they are supior for sleep quality , have no dependance (non-addictive), and almost nil side effects. They actually greatly improve sleep architecture. Ambien and the like do not.

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
id go with trazodone man.. its supposely non-narcotic.. works amazing..its prescription tho... i still stack it with 6mg of melatonin always.. i also occasionally throw some gaba, bulk 1 carboxy, and once in a great while phenibut into the mix... ambien doesnt do **** for me... xanax and valium work nice, although i only use them on cycle.. so i can get as much rem sleep as possible so i recover better, obviously opiates always work great... but thats a whole different beast.. just try stacking a few things... but if u can get to a dr. trazodone will really help

angelo212

Awards
  • Established
I don't recommend Flexeril (Cyclobenzaprine). It is a muscle relaxant. I am intereted in the others stuff you talked about and will check them out for sure.

Last edited:

angelo212

Awards
  • Established
Trazadone is great and a non noncartic. I statred taking it in prison and the doctor never told me that at 150mg or better you can get massive erections that don't go away. Which I got. She calls me to the office and says I'm going to lower your dose because the erection thing might happen. I said it already has. I was wondering why that was happening and it was useless for me as I was in a place full of **** and balls and Angelo don't do that.

Pace2

Awards
Apaptogenics herbs are really great, id personally reccomend Daily Stress Forumula by pure encapsulations, the stuff is amazing. You got to know a doctor to get the cheap price i get though:)
Ashwaganda
Rhodilea Rosea
Siberian Gingeng and other stuff.

It helps a lot for me with stress and depression. ITs all natural and awesome. You could by the different adaptogenic herbs separately too. Adaptogenic herbs are also good for so much other stuff too.
Yes, this worked for me! I had really bad insomnia since September. I dropped melatonin and added ADRESET with Rhodilea and Ginseng and took Ashwaganda and sleeping much better. Ambien and Lunesta did nothing but make me feel like crap in the morning. You may also want to try a Neurotransmitter test from Neuroscience that your Doctor can order.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I don't recommend Flexeril (Cyclobenzaprine). It is a muscle relaxant. I am intereted in the others stuff you talked about and will check them out for sure.
Why do you not recommend Flexeril? True, it is a muscle relaxant which studies show also increases delta sleep and improves sleep architecture. I used to take it for a bad back since I work at a desk most of the time, but I would only take it at night. It is not very potent when compared to baclofen or lyrica for pain relief. Keep in mind that none of these above meds are primarily prescribed for sleep (it is an off-label use), however they are superior to most mainstream sleep meds out there in the way they actually improve sleep architecture. Most mainstream sleep meds keep you locked in phase II REM sleep, in which you will wake up the least rested from (ie: hangover effect from not getting proper phase 3/4 deep delta sleep, which is the recuperative sleep we all need)

angelo212

Awards
  • Established
In that case I got a full bottle (30 pills) of flex that I never even opened. How would a musle relaxer effect a bodybuilder though? Would that mess up gains? I mean your tearing your muscles up then taking a muscle relaxer at night. Not sure if that is any good. I'm very interested in the other meds you listed and will be researching them.

svtfocusman

svtfocusman

Awards
Melatonin works great 5mg does the trick. If you have troubles sleeping 10mg may be advised. GHenerate w/ I-Gh-1 from LG Sciences works well which is very comparable to melatonin. GABA has been known to help out also as you tend to have more of a clear mind and will be less stressful taking it. Try taking the melatonin / gaba or the GHenerate w/ I-gh-1 from LG. By the sounds of it you need some gaba.

Psychabinol

Awards
  • Established
Yes, this worked for me! I had really bad insomnia since September. I dropped melatonin and added ADRESET with Rhodilea and Ginseng and took Ashwaganda and sleeping much better. Ambien and Lunesta did nothing but make me feel like crap in the morning. You may also want to try a Neurotransmitter test from Neuroscience that your Doctor can order.
i really reccomend the forumulation.

Its one of my favorite supps.

Daily Stress Formula
Supplement Facts

three vegetable capsules contain:
ascorbic acid 250 mg.
thiamine HCl (B1) 20 mg.
riboflavin (B2) 10 mg.
riboflavin 5'phosphate (activated B2) 10 mg.
niacinamide 35 mg.
pyridoxine HCl (B6) 10 mg.
pyridoxal 5'phosphate (activated B6) 10 mg.
methylcobalamin (B12) 200 mcg.
pantothenic acid (calcium pantothenate) (B5) 200 mg.
magnesium (citrate) 50 mg.
l–tyrosine (free–form) 250 mg.
Eleutherococcus senticosus extract (root) 200 mg.
(standardized to contain 0.8% eleutheroside E & B)
Bacopa monniera extract (leaf) 200 mg.
(standardized to contain 20% bacosides A & B)
Rhodiola rosea extract (root) 200 mg.
(standardized to contain 3% total rosavins and min. 1% salidrosides)
Matricaria recutita (chamomile) extract (flower) 100 mg.
Melissa officinalis (lemon balm) extract (leaf) 100 mg.
(standardized to contain 5% rosemarinic acid)
Withania somnifera (ashwagandha) extract (root) 200 mg.
(standardized to contain 5% withanolides)
vitamin C (as ascorbyl palmitate)

The stuff is awesome, i ussually dont rave about supps, and this is like a doctor high quality stuff.

if u cant get this, id hunt down bacopa, ashwada, Eleutherococcus senticosus, and rhodilea rosea, but make shure u buy one that are extracted to active ingrediants

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
In that case I got a full bottle (30 pills) of flex that I never even opened. How would a musle relaxer effect a bodybuilder though? Would that mess up gains? I mean your tearing your muscles up then taking a muscle relaxer at night. Not sure if that is any good. I'm very interested in the other meds you listed and will be researching them.
It is not going to be detrimental, going by my own experience. I gained while using it in the past. I didn't use it at all during the day though, and I never tried the extended release either. I loved it when combined with lyrica. Right now I am just treating my sleep the natural way with some devil's salad though.

slipondajimmy

Board Supporter
Awards
Trazodone made me feel all sorts of messed up. I could not sleep while on it. Dr gave me a script for ambien and it works ok. I have used both valarien and meletonin and they both work ok as well.

id go with trazodone man.. its supposely non-narcotic.. works amazing..its prescription tho... i still stack it with 6mg of melatonin always.. i also occasionally throw some gaba, bulk 1 carboxy, and once in a great while phenibut into the mix... ambien doesnt do **** for me... xanax and valium work nice, although i only use them on cycle.. so i can get as much rem sleep as possible so i recover better, obviously opiates always work great... but thats a whole different beast.. just try stacking a few things... but if u can get to a dr. trazodone will really help

Psychabinol

Awards
  • Established
Trazodone made me feel all sorts of messed up. I could not sleep while on it. Dr gave me a script for ambien and it works ok. I have used both valarien and meletonin and they both work ok as well.
Yeah trazodone pretty much sucks.

Ambien is pretty sucky too, only good, if u have a problem getting to sleep, first time i took it, i was reading a book, and i woke up with the book in my hand, which has never happened to me before, id alway put my book away first. haha. Ambien okay for certain types of insomia, and only to take at certain times.

newhaircut49

Awards
thanks everyone. i ended up talking to a doctor about it and he prescribed me trazadone, said to try it and if it doesnt work then ambien but he said itd be best to avoid ambien bc of its known amnesia side effects n stuff (ppl driving and not knowing). ive tried it for 2 nights, and can honestly say it has worked quiet well. i take 100mg and i can feel it knock me out more than any valarian or other sleep aids that arent benzos. ive had the most visual dreams too, and wake up ready to get out of bead and do things instead of laying there feeling exhausted and sore. so far so good! im back home from holidays now and am back on all my supps and back on my workout routine now too so im really stoked and hope it keeps working! ill probly edit the original post if it doesnt, in which case ill try ambien 0.o

mmk64

Awards
They actually greatly improve sleep architecture. Ambien and the like do not.
Forgot about zaleplon (sonata). Minimal if any impact on stage durations. I use it to fall asleep and combine it with supplements that increase slow wave sleep. I like GABA, 5-htp at the right dose, 1 carboxy, arginine, etc.

DavidCopafeel

Awards
Whenever I have trouble sleepng, it's usually because I'm stressed out. The less stressed I am, the better I tend to sleep.