High Systolic Help

ZoomZoom88

ZoomZoom88

Awards
  • Established
I have been having trouble with high systolic bp for along time. My diastolic pressure is fine. My usual reading is 150/80 to 145/75. I have been dealing with this for sometime and i just want to see what everyone thinks could be the cause.

I have been supplementing garlic extract because i thought it might be something to do with lipids, but it doesnt seem to be helping. I love my pasta and i know thats bad for my cholestrol. i have just been trying to bulk for along time. ive put on over 40 lbs in under 3 years, im not sure if it is my diet but im guessing it could be one leading cause.

Any help with why my systolic is so high would be great.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
What is your height, weight, BF? Do you currently do consistent cardio? Hawthorne Berry is supposed to help BP.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
High systolic usually means one of a few things, arteries could start becoming plaque filled and hardening. Try drinking a glass of pomegranate juice a day as it is supposed to reverse Atherosclerosis and could help with this. I personally would drop some of the poundage as well.

Now the other side of the coin is that you genetically do not have the elasticity in your arteries of an average person, so they do not expand and relax causing a higher pressure with each heart beat. When this is the case, if losing the weight doesn't help, then you are pretty much SOL and have to get on something low dose.

Hawthorne berry did jack **** for me.

ZoomZoom88

ZoomZoom88

Awards
  • Established
I am 22yrs old, 5'9" and around 185. I havent check my bf in a long time. i am currently not doing cardio except for and hour or two of basketball. I just dont understand why i could have plaque built up or hardening. What would the plaque consist of, ldl or.....?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I replied with this to your PM:

Here is how it would work if you have any plaque formation. When you are on cycle your BP is going raise from hormones, just nature of the beast. high BP causes microabrasions on the arterial walls, which give ldl a foothold to hang on to. If this happens with your HDL low (Also caused by hormonal use) then your body cannot remove the ldl as it grabs on (HDL removes LDL). Which gives it time to hold on and harden.

Seeing your age, this is probably a long shot.

How tall and heavy are you? Even if you have low BF, your body may not genetically be made to hold on to tons of muscle and can cause such as well.

You can try Garlic/Celery Seed, and lower your sugars for whole fibers. If that works, great. But dont expect that for a long term answer though.

Seeing as it is a problem now, it is most likely genetic if you are not on hormonals and a prescription may be in your future.

ZoomZoom88

ZoomZoom88

Awards
  • Established
I have this:http://www.amazon.com/Spring-Valley-.../dp/B000O3EO5A. But i only take 2 pills a day, is that enough? I was also looking into getting some niacin and Policosanol.

I also dont do any cardio, as i am/was trying to bulk, this will change. Im planning on doing 30min run 4 days a week.

My dad is a smaller guy he is maybe 5'7 145 if he is lucky. But both of my grandfathers are bigger guys.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have this:http://www.amazon.com/Spring-Valley-.../dp/B000O3EO5A. But i only take 2 pills a day, is that enough? I was also looking into getting some niacin and Policosanol.

I also dont do any cardio, as i am/was trying to bulk, this will change. Im planning on doing 30min run 4 days a week.

My dad is a smaller guy he is maybe 5'7 145 if he is lucky. But both of my grandfathers are bigger guys.
Niacin is great regardless. I take 4Gs of Garlic myself.

Up your cardio for a couple weeks and monitor it daily if possible, see if you can see a decline in your numbers. I would buy a home monitoring unit, can get a good one for ~$60

Have you had a cholesterol test? If your BP is high, usually your physician will test your cholesterol as well to see if you are at risk for heart disease.

ZoomZoom88

ZoomZoom88

Awards
  • Established
No my insurance kicks in the first of the year so im planning on getting a blood test soon after. Insurance should cover the cost right?

A full metabolic blood panel and what else?

ZoomZoom88

ZoomZoom88

Awards
  • Established
Ok so ive been running for 30 min every night and eating very clean. I just took my blood pressure and it seems to have gone down from the very high 140's/80 to mid 130's/80-75. Im very excited and cant wait to see how low it is next week!!

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Ok so ive been running for 30 min every night and eating very clean. I just took my blood pressure and it seems to have gone down from the very high 140's/80 to mid 130's/80-75. Im very excited and cant wait to see how low it is next week!!
good news, your getting into the normal range now.

keep at it man, let us know whats working for ya.