Sleep question

Intellectual

Awards
So I started a new job working 3-12 Mon-Fri and when my shift is over I can't go to sleep immediately, sometimes I'm awake until maybe 5-530am and wake up around 1:00PM. I have been feeling very fatigued when I wake up and not refreshed, so could it be that even though I'm getting enough hours maybe going to sleep that late is affecting my overall health?

Appreciate any info.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
yea the first thing thats going on is your clock is switching. the circadian rhythm is designed around 24 hours so it will take a few weeks for yours to switch to a later sleep time/awake hours. black out your room and turn down the temperature when trying to pass out.

another big thing is stimulants. you might not realize but the stimulants (coffee/tea/supps) that you drink during the day affect you later that night. if you down a coffee at work at 8PM, most likely you wont be able to go to sleep 4 hours later.

so work on the quality of sleep (dark room, cold) and avoid stimulants so you can work yourself into a steady schedule. you wanna go to sleep at the same exact time everyday, not 530am.

another thing to help sleep is ZMA. basic blend of zinc,magnesium, B6. I just started taking the brand they sell on this website, "ZMK", and bro I have never slept as deep. Crazy vivid dreams, testosterone is noticeably amped up, lots more energy than before. if you feel like your sleep sucks, this is definitely the thing to try.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes if you feel like you are not getting enough sleep you are not.

do what Anto said darken the windows make your room dark, cool room temperature avoid stimulants.

L-theanine works well. phenibut works well, it has been so long since i took zma but to think back 6-7 years I think it worked.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Theres so many different sleep aids out there if need be, even GH products like GHenerate, HGHup. Help with sleep a little also some things like Melatonin, ZMA maybe even IBE's Xdream although there hasnt been much reviews of it on this board.

Ive heard this question a couple times as far as hours of sleep compared to what time your sleeping my best guess is it really is cause your body is used to sleeping at night. You say you get home at 12 i mean the best you can do is go to bed as early as possible and get the best sleep.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Theres so many different sleep aids out there if need be, even GH products like GHenerate, HGHup. Help with sleep a little also some things like Melatonin, ZMA maybe even IBE's Xdream although there hasnt been much reviews of it on this board.

Ive heard this question a couple times as far as hours of sleep compared to what time your sleeping my best guess is it really is cause your body is used to sleeping at night. You say you get home at 12 i mean the best you can do is go to bed as early as possible and get the best sleep.
GHenerate seemed to work well for myself