Diet while injured or taking a rest week

fatherenis

Awards
Hey i've heard a lot of different theorys on taking a rest week. Some people say to take one every 12 weeks, some say 16 weeks, some say never rest. Assuming I do take a rest week if I'm trying to bulk should I eat any different during my rest week than if I was training? What about when injured and having to take a week or two off?

Thanks,

Bberforlife

Awards
Since your not as active I would drop the carbs a little bit.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Hey i've heard a lot of different theorys on taking a rest week. Some people say to take one every 12 weeks, some say 16 weeks, some say never rest. Assuming I do take a rest week if I'm trying to bulk should I eat any different during my rest week than if I was training? What about when injured and having to take a week or two off?

Thanks,
You SHOULD be having a week off RESISTANCE training every 8-12 weeks; otherwise you will end up overtraining and taxing your nervous system and progress will eventually plateau and stall. You will find that you come back stronger than ever after rest weeks, because you have allowed your body to recover.

In those weeks, just eat around Maintenance, so that you do not lose any lean mass.

If you're injured and have to take a week off the same applies. If you can do cardio with your injury, then you could do some HIIT, and just lower your calories a little.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT