failing to hit target calories

illgixxer

Awards
  • Established
So if you are trying to eat x amount of calories in a day, and get into a bind where you can't eat for a while, get home late and are 1500 short of your daily goal at 10:45pm, what should you do? I'm in this situation now and was curious if it was better to cram 1,500 calories in before bed(believe me I could) or just end up being short on calories, or somewhere in between?

Chops89

Chops89

Awards
  • Established
I think this is a matter of whether you're bulking, cutting, or recomping and the time you usually go to bed. Obviously, if you're bulking, eat the 1,500 calories. Fat loss comes later. Cutting, I'd say have a protein shake in water and maybe have some peanut butter or cottage cheese. Regardless, if this is a one time thing, I don't think calorie intake is going to make a huge difference in the long run.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hear you man. do what it takes getting in massive calories take hard work. ..something as simple as an hour after your meal get in a shake(with oats when you mix them you can chew the oats makes getting them in easy)..than an hour later get in another meal...I found that eating every 1- 1.5 hours makes it easier and getting in the calories then stuffing all in once