Frozen Beef against Fresh Beef

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
I can't really think of any nutritional differences if that is what you mean. Frozen will last longer but freezer burned doesnt taste as good. I'm a big fan of 50% turkey / 50% sirloin. Make the pattys urself on Sunday and freeze them.

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
You mix the turkey and the sirloin together? Is that for taste?

bbbeast

Awards
Good advice. Thanks CrazyChemist.
Btw do whats your recipe for that chicken and beef patty? I would like to try it...

MoTiV. Eating different protein sources mean more bio-value...Bigger amino-acid profile etc... And Tom Venuto says mixing slow digesting and fast digestion protein sources makes more anabolic in more period of time... Especially before the bed...

I'm still not sure about frozen foods...Do they lose some values during that proccess or not...couldn't find it :S

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Well its said frozen vegetables dont lose there nutritional value, what is more important is the grade of meat and how much you cook it, a higher quality meat will have more nutritional value, I imagine the protein content would be roughly the same but mineral content should be better.
I also recently came across that the less you cook it the better, cooking would probably destroy some nutrients, I imagine the creatine and CLA etc.
But then apparently we have evolved to absorb food from cooked foods more, so not sure what the final word on it is.
But I wouldn't worry about frozen or not, it is just a taste issue, freezer burn is disgusting though I cant stand it.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
its partly for taste - cooks better IMO. I find pure lean sirloin tastes strange and pure turkey burns. The 50/50 combo works well for me. I usually get about 1.5lb turkey / 1.5 lb. sirloin, crack an egg, Worcestershire sauce is awesome so i add that, dice up a red and green bell pepper, garlic, onion, garlic powder, pepper, salt, if you have liquid smoke seasoning thats good..... its really pretty easy I just look around and throw stuff in without really measuring usually. Here is a good actual recipe - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/recipes/126477-burgers.html - but I dont really follow it to a T.

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
Great recipe, I'll have to try it out. I've been real lazy for awhile now as far as preparation goes and it's making my meals very bland and a lot less desirable. I never thought of mixing turkey and beef, as far as mixing up different proteins I usually just drink a glass of milk with every meal. Again I was just being lazy.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
Great recipe, I'll have to try it out. I've been real lazy for awhile now as far as preparation goes and it's making my meals very bland and a lot less desirable. I never thought of mixing turkey and beef, as far as mixing up different proteins I usually just drink a glass of milk with every meal. Again I was just being lazy.
I've definitely done what you are doing. But it gets tough after awhile to keep eating cold food IMO. Cold turkey cold cuts, cold canned tuna, cold protein shakes, etc. When winter comes the only way for me to stay on diet is to prepare chicken breasts I can heat up, turkey burger pattys I can George Forman, steaks I can grill, etc. Need hot food!

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
Yea, I love my foreman. I have the one with the removeable plates and it's amazing. I cook all my meat on it, even steak. My goal now is to prepare/season my food more and cook some of it in advance. Maybe pick 2 days a week where I just do massive amounts of cooking so most days I only have to do a little. That way I'll get back into marinating my chicken/meat.

Lol, now I'm hungry.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
Yea, I love my foreman. I have the one with the removeable plates and it's amazing. I cook all my meat on it, even steak. My goal now is to prepare/season my food more and cook some of it in advance. Maybe pick 2 days a week where I just do massive amounts of cooking so most days I only have to do a little. That way I'll get back into marinating my chicken/meat.

Lol, now I'm hungry.
I find having all day Sunday allows me to cook for Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and prepare food to cook (e.g. frozen pattys etc.) for Wednesday -Saturday. If I cook for Wednesday then the food tastes kind of stale by then so I do another cook Wednesday for Wed. and Thursday. Then friday I usually eat cold food, e.g. my beef jerky, my cold cuts, protein shakes, cured meats. Saturday I can take time to cook and then Sunday start over. Fcuking working this weekend so I'm still sitting in the damn lab at 8pm - this weeks diet is going to be ****