Hypoglyecmic Diet

1. bodybuilder19

Hypoglyecmic Diet

I have severe reactive functional hypoglyecmia ... I've been doing a crap ton of reading on the subject (forums, books such as the low blood sugar handbook, etc.) ... the book I'm reading doesn't mention much about working out / bodybuilding and reactive functional hypoglycemia ...

Does anyone on the forums here have hypoglycemia and if so can they state how they manage their LBS (low blood sugar) incorporating with proper dieting to increase LBM?

Also, opinions about the following statement?

"Most diets recommended for LBS is high protein, low carbohydrate and moderate fat. In recent years, it’s a diet low in protein, high complex carbohydrate diet of vegetables, grains, seeds, nuts and fruits is much better." From the Low Blood Sugar Handbook
    Last edited by bodybuilder19; 12-07-2009 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Add info

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  155 lbs.

If i smoke alot of weed at one time I'll go get really low blood sugar and start to pass out. As a result of that, eating **** loads of complex carbs and keeping insulin as stable as possible has helped, since I got my diet right with my body I dont get low blood sugar (unless i dont eat for like 6-8 hours).

Beans help tremendously. They are insulin stabilizing and the fiber makes new insulin receptor cells. Theyre ****in amazing for what you're talking about.

"Those suffering from diabetes are also benefitted by eating beans. The soluble fiber in beans helps to create more insulin receptor sites. These sites are like tiny docks for the insulin molecules to connect to, allowing the insulin to get to the cells that need it, instead of floating freely through the bloodstream, which can cause problems."
  3. bodybuilder19

What kinds of beans are best
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  202 lbs.

Hey bodybuilder19 wanted to see if you have figured anything out with you reactive Hypo. I just found out I have the same problem and have been expiermenting with food I eat and what my blood sugar does 1, 2, 3 and even 4 hours after I eat. I haven't quite honed my diet down yet but there is something odd I did figure out. I eat breakfast, 1 hour later BS roughly 90-110, 2 hours later 75-85, 3 hours later 67-72 and 4 hours later 55-64. Now, I no longer go 4 hours after breakfast. The wierd thing is this is the only time I have the drop I can eat whatever I want the rest of the day and take 5 or 6 hours between meals and it will usaully stay 75-93. I only have the one dip in the morning???
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.

"Those suffering from diabetes are also benefitted by eating beans. The soluble fiber in beans helps to create more insulin receptor sites. These sites are like tiny docks for the insulin molecules to connect to, allowing the insulin to get to the cells that need it, instead of floating freely through the bloodstream, which can cause problems."
    Reference? I find that interesting because i have never heard of that before.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Carbohydrate Cycling Diet vs ketogenic diet??
    By anbes in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 09-21-2012, 04:28 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 04:38 PM
  3. Please Help With My CUTTING Diet! (Entire diet included)
    By IntensePump in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-29-2005, 01:09 AM
  4. bodybuilding diet/detox diet mini manifesto
    By TheThreeAminos in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 02:48 AM