alcohol

deadlift18

Awards
Building muscle + Drinking alcohol...Do they mix? and what effect does it have on muscles?

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
:gotsearch

i short, mild occasional drink won't do much (like 1 or 2), but any heavy drinking does not mix well with lifting. I can kill your test levels, is catabolic, impairs protein synthasis, and can cause lipids to rise, fat storage, etc.

illgixxer

Awards
  • Established
so depressing to hear all the severe negative effects that drinking brings

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
i know some guys from westside drink alot.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, I know a lot of guys who are big and drink a lot. I also have a grandfather who smoked 2 packs of Pall Malls for 65 years and never got any kind of cancer or any other "consequence" of smoking. However, there are people who smoked for 1 year and got it. We can almost never know how we are affected by things, luck, genetics, grace, whatever it is. We can just try and play it safe and or what gives us the best angle on our goals.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hulk Hogan said in an interview once, that he and Vince McMahon used to have couple of beers before they started their workout.

:lmao:
Shoot, doesn't surprise me at all. Lot of that has to do with conditioning as well. In 2003 just before my unit deployed to Iraq we got a drop of boot Marines. We had them drink Jim Beam with us getting to know them until we were all good and smashed. Sent them to the rack and woke them up 1.5 hrs later and ran them 3 miles in gas masks. They were hurting, dropping out like flies, but us salt dogs were just cruising. And we had drank way more than them. It was conditioning, we always drank before we ran, hiked, or anything and had adapted to it. I would dip and drink coffee on 12 mile forced marches in the desert heat no problem.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Shoot, doesn't surprise me at all. Lot of that has to do with conditioning as well. In 2003 just before my unit deployed to Iraq we got a drop of boot Marines. We had them drink Jim Beam with us getting to know them until we were all good and smashed. Sent them to the rack and woke them up 1.5 hrs later and ran them 3 miles in gas masks. They were hurting, dropping out like flies, but us salt dogs were just cruising. And we had drank way more than them. It was conditioning, we always drank before we ran, hiked, or anything and had adapted to it. I would dip and drink coffee on 12 mile forced marches in the desert heat no problem.
That's hard core! I guess it makes sense for you since you can't always have your preworkout drink before heading out on a mission.

Thanks for serving BTW!

ward0351

ward0351

Awards
Awesome! I was a grunt in the Corps and that brings back some memories. I absolutely hated humping when I was a boot, but it is all conditioning and Marines definitely have that

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It was funny, later into the deployment we had a couple of the boots tell us when we were all just BS'ing that they thought we were machines or some kind of demonic creature because we made it seem so easy. Hahaha, I told it that it still sucked for us too, just we knew how to suck it up and push through. If you can run in gas masks hung over etc you could do it for reals you know. I mean water is just a crutch right? by the way I'm a Corpsman!

Thundering Third? I was with 1/7 "Magnificent Seven"

ward0351

ward0351

Awards
1/7, down in the stumps? I'll take the hills of Camp Pendleton over that anyday. I'm still really good friends with three of my old corpsmen, you guys are great. Green side all the way, bro.