Need a plan following upcoming shoulder surgery

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.

Need a plan following upcoming shoulder surgery

Hey guys,

Just when I got on a roll in my cutting diet and got everything dialed in, I've torn the labrum in my right shoulder in two places and I'm going to be laid up for a long time. Probably in a sling for close to 2 months, with a total of 6 months post-surgery before I'll be back to full duty again. I'm depressed, to say the least. Anyhow, I need some advice on how to handle my post-surgery nutrition and health.

I'm 33 years old, 6'1 and about 225lbs. I put on weight EXTREMELY easily, and it's usually fat. It's a struggle for me to lean out, but I'm also naturally muscular and actually weigh more than I look like I do.

I'm terrified of putting a bunch of weight back on after my surgery, but I know I will be extremely limited in what I'll be allowed to do physically. So I want to get my diet dialed in as well as possible. My problem is, I've never tried to figure out a diet for an extremely sedentary person, so I'm kind of lost. Should I put myself at a caloric deficit? Maintenance cals? I was carb cycling before, should I continue with that? Any supplementation to help metabolism, or is it a waste since I can't work out? Is there any supplementation that would help me to heal up faster? I've had 2 shoulder surgeries before, albeit on the other shoulder, and I know it will be a long time before they'll let me do anything other than walk. Hell, I'll be in a sling for close to 2 months.

Thanks in advance for any feedback you guys can give me. I'm super bummed out about this, so I'm trying to get myself straight before the surgery on Wednesday so I don't just grab the nearest bag of M&Ms afterward and go to town out of depression. I figure if I have a plan in place beforehand, then i'll have a better chance of sticking to it.

Any advice

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.

Anyone?

Similar Forum Threads

1. shoulder surgery
    By ambulldog in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-14-2011, 03:36 PM
  2. Shoulder surgery or not??!?!?
    By Presa in forum Training Forum