Excess Good Fats and How much is too much per meal

bbbeast

Awards
We all know;
--Excess Carbs - If glycogen stores are full, insulin levels are high - Stored As Fat
-- Excess Proteins - If there is no building and repair tissues - Stored As Fat

What about;

--Excess Good Fats - ?

And how to know how much good fat is too much?

For example i have 150gr of room for fat intake daily... What if i eat 150grs of fat at once and what if i divide it to 3 meals...

Thanks for joining my discussion...

Regards

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Excess calories can be stored as fat regardless of substrate.

bbbeast

Awards
Excess calories can be stored as fat regardless of substrate.
Thanks for the answer but my question is slightly different.
And as i mentioned before, situation is below daily caloric circumstances.
Is there any fat storage process for dietary fats? Ex: For carbs-if glycogen stores are full. It stores as fat.

and

if your daily fat intake 150;
what would be different if its
consumed at once
between
consumed by divided portions

?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You're oversimplifying things, dude, the body's a lot more complicated than that. When glycogen is saturated isn't the only time CHO is stored as fat - that's all regulated hormonally. How your body processes your food depends entirely on your overall biochemical status. Are you stressed, hungry, tired, over-stimmed, sick, horny - it all has an affect on how your body processes nutrients.

An excess of calories at one time, is likely going to see an increase in lipogenesis, regardless of source. Regardless of glycogen stores. That's just part of anabolism as a systemic phenomenon.

Therefore, eating all your fat at once = caloric excess = more fat on you. So, split it up. Simple.

bbbeast

Awards
You're oversimplifying things, dude, the body's a lot more complicated than that. When glycogen is saturated isn't the only time CHO is stored as fat - that's all regulated hormonally. How your body processes your food depends entirely on your overall biochemical status. Are you stressed, hungry, tired, over-stimmed, sick, horny - it all has an affect on how your body processes nutrients.

An excess of calories at one time, is likely going to see an increase in lipogenesis, regardless of source. Regardless of glycogen stores. That's just part of anabolism as a systemic phenomenon.

Therefore, eating all your fat at once = caloric excess = more fat on you. So, split it up. Simple.
Yeah i know those are not the only fat storage proccess but those facts are the key facts and we make our diet plans on those facts not on "stressed, hungry, tired, over-stimmed, sick, horny" (Of course they affects but not a key)...
Such as;
When your insulin levels are high, human body loves to store fat and hinders GH and fat burning processes

I've just asked if theres any specific rule or research about dietary fat storage fact.

How much fat per meal is too much? How should i divide it? I don't usually consume dietary fat with carbs. So i convert calories which comes from carbs to dietary fat intake. And amount of fat in that meal increases. And i don't really want to make a mistake by overeating.

Thanks for your msg Resolve. good info...

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How you should divide the macronutrients of a meal is really hotly debated. Some coaches swear it's necessary to segregate your fatty meals from your carb meals. Others say it doesn't matter as long as the food choices themselves are good.

Personally, I'm currently low-carbing it, and I'll have 70+g of fat in one meal. But that's me at almost 250. When I eat higher carb diets, I typically shoot for 20-30g of fat maximum in my carb meals (breakfast and pre-workout) and go higher fat w/20-30g CHO in later meals.

Is that more along the lines of what you're asking, or am I missing something?

bbbeast

Awards
How you should divide the macronutrients of a meal is really hotly debated. Some coaches swear it's necessary to segregate your fatty meals from your carb meals. Others say it doesn't matter as long as the food choices themselves are good.

Personally, I'm currently low-carbing it, and I'll have 70+g of fat in one meal. But that's me at almost 250. When I eat higher carb diets, I typically shoot for 20-30g of fat maximum in my carb meals (breakfast and pre-workout) and go higher fat w/20-30g CHO in later meals.

Is that more along the lines of what you're asking, or am I missing something?
Oh great info here. I was thinking about more than 70grams of fat per meal is insane. But it seems it's not.

Naah you'r not. Very helpfull. Thank you so much Resolve.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
One negative effect is excess bleeding.

Olive oil, and especially fish oil thin the blood, you will read that it lowers platelet aggregation but when I started spontaneously bleeding in my mouth I came across someone whos platelet levels rose once he stopped taking fish oil and vit E.

So I personally believe it lowers platelet count.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh great info here. I was thinking about more than 70grams of fat per meal is insane. But it seems it's not.

Naah you'r not. Very helpfull. Thank you so much Resolve.
Well, bear in mind that 70+g is what I'm eating, at ~250lb, and that I'm only eating 4 meals a day. Your calories still need to be at an appropriate level for your weight, but you seem to know that already. :)

One negative effect is excess bleeding.

Olive oil, and especially fish oil thin the blood, you will read that it lowers platelet aggregation but when I started spontaneously bleeding in my mouth I came across someone whos platelet levels rose once he stopped taking fish oil and vit E.

So I personally believe it lowers platelet count.
That's unfortunate. Simply eat different kinds of fat then, other than olive oil. MCTs are very heart healthy too.

kmk25

kmk25

Awards
Good fats arent stored as fats... they help burn more fat. now im sayin go to excess. top ten fat burning foods are moslty all foods with good fats. Like walnuts, peanut butter, salmon, olive oil, brazillian nuts etc...

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
That's unfortunate. Simply eat different kinds of fat then, other than olive oil. MCTs are very heart healthy too.
I think I have had my share of fish oil, it never used to happen but I have been taking a different brand, so its either the brand or it has caught up with me, I do have saturated fats and vegetable oil.

Good fats arent stored as fats... they help burn more fat. now im sayin go to excess. top ten fat burning foods are moslty all foods with good fats. Like walnuts, peanut butter, salmon, olive oil, brazillian nuts etc...
It can be said with saturated fat too, a diet deficient in it lowers hormone production.
I think a balance is whats key to keep metabolism healthy.
Any fat you intake that you are deficient in is going to help burn fat.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fish oil has been shown to lower the levels of fibrin, which is used in clot and scar formation. The dose is weight dependent and tends to only happen with excessive use.

bbbeast

Awards
Good posts guys. Cheers.

One more question. How long does it take your body to absorb fats? Whats the procedure for dietary fat absorption?

I don't think thats true. All type of clean foods can store as a fat if you exceed and if your body doesn't need them anymore. Proteins, Carbohydrates, Fats...

Fish oil has been shown to lower the levels of fibrin, which is used in clot and scar formation. The dose is weight dependent and tends to only happen with excessive use.
And depends on your diet macronutrients also.

I love to add high amounts of fat to my diet actually. It makes me feel much more better and leaner.

BTW guys. How fats affect blood flow? I've read an research couple of days that shows dietary fat before exercise make blood flow slow and that cause decrease on your pumps and HGH release.

If it affect HGH release. It might be bad before(that we take with our protein to slow down the protein digestion) the bed aswell.

???

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
BTW guys. How fats affect blood flow? I've read an research couple of days that shows dietary fat before exercise make blood flow slow and that cause decrease on your pumps and HGH release.
Interesting you should say that, yesterday I was reading a post on another forum and some guy was saying how to bracket meals and supps before and after a workout, he didnt list any references but you could tell he did his research, he just mentioned not to have fats 30mins before your workout, but to have a balanced meal 60-90mins before a workout.

bbbeast

Awards
Interesting you should say that, yesterday I was reading a post on another forum and some guy was saying how to bracket meals and supps before and after a workout, he didnt list any references but you could tell he did his research, he just mentioned not to have fats 30mins before your workout, but to have a balanced meal 60-90mins before a workout.
I think more than 30 mins. 120 mins at least because fats took time to digest.

"High-fat food ingestion before exercise blunts the GH response in adults"
( jpemonline.com/EffectofaHigh-FatMealonthetheGrowthHormoneResponsetoExerciseinChildren.PDF )

"Any foods with a lot of fat can be very difficult and slow to digest and remain in the stomach a long time. They also will pull blood into the stomach to aid in digestion, which can cause cramping and discomfort."
( sportsmedicine.about.com/od/sportsnutrition/a/EatForExercise.htm )

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
They must of meant blood supply to the stomach.
But any macro would do that, the main thing being how much you eat not whether its fat or carbs etc, if any one thing could worsen it, it would be fiber not fat.

That study was pretty disappointing, not enough control groups, how do they know the GH wasnt lowered by a meal alone.

after ingestion of either a high-fat
shake or a non-caloric placebo.
Maybe the previous study that it was based on is more supportive.
edit:
http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/76/6/1418
Yea definitely is and explains it all well.