Remaining anabolic thru-out the night

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
Another quick question:

In order to remain anabolic thru-out the night, would it be smart to have a casein shake right before bed, sleep for 4 hours, set the alarm to wake up, have another protein shake and then sleep for another 4 hours? I've read that some body builders do this. I currently drink a casein shake right before bed, then sleep a full 8 hours. Is this advisable?

I now leave this question to ponder: Have you ever danced with the devil under the pale moonlight?

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would not set the alarm for 4 hours later as it may disrupt your rem sleep cycle....

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you need to give your digestive system a break now and then sleep is meant for that, use the GH output, have a shake before bed and never PLAN to interrupt sleep

bulldogz

bulldogz

Awards
  • Established
you need to give your digestive system a break now and then sleep is meant for that, use the GH output, have a shake before bed and never PLAN to interrupt sleep
this sheit is hard...it would be a guarantee for me to wake up in the middle of the night to take a piss if I drank a shake before bed...thumbtack bladder..!!

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
this sheit is hard...it would be a guarantee for me to wake up in the middle of the night to take a piss if I drank a shake before bed...thumbtack bladder..!!
you can get plenty of casein before bed by eating cottage cheese. any other form of protein is just as good but doesnt digest for as long as casein does.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I drink casein before bed (Ultra Peptide 2.0) but inevitably I have to get up and urinate.

I use a fruit flavored isolate mixed with water in a small gatorade bottle right next to the bed. When I get up, I slug down about 5-10 grams of isolate before going back to sleep.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I keep some BCAAs next to me that I drink if I wake up. I would never want to disturb my sleep patterns.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
Looks like having a shake/BCAA on hand is the way to go, should I wake during the night. Thanks for the replies all.