Trying to master the anabolic diet

kmal

Awards
Any constructive criticism is appreciated. I just had my first carb up yesterday on Thanksgiving. I love this diet, got leaner over thanksgiving. Was so awesome.

Here is my current meal plan for the weekdays and saturday.

7am - 2 eggs, 1 oz almonds

10am - 1 oz walnuts

1pm - 6 oz ground chuck

4pm - 8oz salmon, 1 oz pecans

7pm - 2 eggs, 1 oz almonds, 1 cup raw spinach, 1/2cup broccoli

workout

10pm - 6 oz ground turkey, 1 oz walnuts, 1 cup raw spinach, 1/2cup brussel sprouts

Calories 2,528
Fat 179.2g Sat 13% Poly 19% Mono 25%
Carb 44.4 21.2g fiber
Protein 197.3g

Total Calories from Macronutrient
Fat 62%
Protein 32%
Carb 7%

I tried to include as many veggies in around my workout. I hope this increases the euphoria I feel most of the time on this diet!!

Here is Sunday, the carb up day normally.

8am - 1 cup oats, 1 cup blueberries, 1 cup blackberries, 2 tbspn naturally more peanut butter (google this ****. its so mother****ing good. omgomgomgomg), 1 scoop whey

10am - 1 sweet potato, 1 banana, 1 cup broccoli, 8 oz milk

1pm - 1 cup oats, banana, 1 cup raw spinach, 2 tbspn naturally more peanut butter, 1 scoop whey

3pm - 1 sweet potato, 1 banana, 1 cup brussel sprouts, 8 oz milk

5pm - 1 cup basmati rice, 1 cup broccoli, 8 oz milk, 1 scoop whey protein

7pm - 1 cup oats, 8 oz milk, 1 cup brussel sprouts, 1 cup raw spinach

9pm - 1 cup basmati rice, 1 cup raw spinach, 2 tbspn naturally more peanut butter, 8 oz milk

Calories 4,091
Fat 110.3g
Carb 569.9g 95g fiber
Protein 238.3g

Total Calories from Macronutrient
Fat 24%
Protein 22%
Carb 55%

Again, tried to include as many veggies and fruit as possible centered around slow digesting carbs.

Let me know what you guys think. Im getting my personal trainers license soon and want to be spot on for everything. I want to show how awesome this diet really is if you know how to do it right and get the right foods in.

On a side note. When I eat all the pre-made turkey burgers I have, whihc is like 6 or so, I'm going to replace it with either another ground chuck burger, or bison. Hopefully bison, cuz its a red meat. But we'll see with the budget at that time.

Please give me ALL suggestions and constructive criticism that you can think of! Preferably I want food suggestions REALLY high in nutrient content or something I can swap out with the current foods I have.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I think protein may be too high. AD is a form of keto diet, right? If your weight is 155lb that's too much protein. Other than that it looks good to me. I'm a huge fan of walnuts, almonds, pumpkin and sunflower seeds if you get a wild hair (a lot cheaper than walnuts and almonds.)

You may want to throw some more foods around earlier in the day. With half of your carbs as fiber you can afford youself some more veggies earlier in the day, they will help with keeping you full (an ounce of walnuts from 10-1? yikes!,) and they'll make for a more complete breakfast.

Good luck. Don't be afraid to add more (healthy,) fatty foods.

kmal

Awards
I think protein may be too high. AD is a form of keto diet, right? If your weight is 155lb that's too much protein. Other than that it looks good to me. I'm a huge fan of walnuts, almonds, pumpkin and sunflower seeds if you get a wild hair (a lot cheaper than walnuts and almonds.)

You may want to throw some more foods around earlier in the day. With half of your carbs as fiber you can afford youself some more veggies earlier in the day, they will help with keeping you full (an ounce of walnuts from 10-1? yikes!,) and they'll make for a more complete breakfast.

Good luck. Don't be afraid to add more (healthy,) fatty foods.
Well I'm trying to gain weight. I was hoping for a 5-10 pound gain in 6 weeks. 197g protein should do that, I hope.

Pumpkin seeds is a good idea! I'm gonna check the nutrition facts on that asap.

The reason I have just a handful of nuts at 10 is that I'm working an office job. I sit. All day. So I have no reason to eat big, plus I'm generally not even hungry.

Give me some ideas of said fatty (and healthy) foods!

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Your ratios are good, it looks like you're on the right track. :) Just make sure your diet isn't so strict as to eat the same thing every day and you'll love this diet.

littlrook

Awards
^x2, variety in the food will pay off as any low carb diet can suck. i do love how you don't crash in the afternoon or at anytime of the day really on this diet. except for carb day lol