Current cutting diet

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
ok, so im trying to cut body fat and keep muscle with this diet,, thats the basic goal, im at around 14% body fat or so, wanting to get down to 8-10% and then start my slow bulk... this is one of my first posts here but been lingering around for a while reading up on things, here is the diet..

Breakfast
8 egg whites
1 cup skim milk
1/2 cup oatmeal

snack
2 tbs peanut butter
1 scoop whey in water

lunch
8 oz lean chicken
2 cups green veggies

snack
Tuna Pack
2 cups green veggies

pre workout meal
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 scoop whey protein in water

post workout
1 scoop whey in water

diner
8 oz Talapia
2 cups green veggies

and i have some casein protein before bed

the veggies i rotate are always broccoli, spinach, collard green, or turnip greens.. im shying away from spinach even though i know its probably the best for me out of those i just dont like it. But suggestions are definitely welcome..

EDIT - forgot to mention that i cook my chicken in 1 tbsp of olive oil, and fish in 1/2 tbsp olive oil

Wilderbeast

Wilderbeast

Awards
  • Established
You should probably up your protein powder to 2 scoops per serving. You are pretty low carb. You might consider a keto diet with a bit higher healthy fats if you're going to go that low carb anyway. Make sure your lean protein measurements are in cooked weight. 8 oz raw may be a bit on the low end for your protein needs. I would also consider dropping the veggies down to 1 cup and maybe adding some EVOO or mac nut oil to them if you decide to go the keto route. Best of luck whatever you decide. I don't know how much protein is in the tuna that you have, but I would simply suggest that you shoot for 40 - 60 grams of protein per meal. Make sure that your whey protein is as pure as possible. You do not want the additional calories of carbs and fat from your whey protein during a cut if you can help it. I am available for in depth dietary and training consulting at [email protected] .

BEAST

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
i may try keto, ive been on that one above for a while now it probably wouldnt hurt to switch things up a little bit, and anything that requires less veggies and more fat im for.. the chicken is 8 oz cooked, i was thinking of upping to 2 scoops of whey beforehand i guess i can go ahead and do that, i use gold standards 100% whey.. and the Tuna doesnt have very much only about 20 grams protein, any suggestions on what to replace it with? maybe a whole can instead or something..and add EVOO or mac nut oil to every serving of veggies? and i just recently added the casein in before bed, so is that a good idea for cut or no?

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Diet looks ok, Id ditch the skim milk and make sure all your portions are around 50g of protein/serving or 8oz

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
skim milk could be cut out no problem if needed to, i normally just use it in my breakfast oatmeal instead of water, so i wouldnt miss it at all really. and i guess i could turn that tuna pack into about 8 oz of tuna instead and start buying the canned tuna.. pretty sure its cheaper anyway.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Milk is a lot of sugar, thats why I reccomend kicking it out.

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
but you think it looks ok as long as i cut the skim milk and up that 2nd snack to 50g protein tho.. ive already upped the scoops to 2 on the protein shakes, still need help with what to buy for that 2nd snack.. any suggestions?

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
but you think it looks ok as long as i cut the skim milk and up that 2nd snack to 50g protein tho.. ive already upped the scoops to 2 on the protein shakes, still need help with what to buy for that 2nd snack.. any suggestions?
For the most part, idk the macros for your diet or your cardio/training but it should give you some good results :yup: