Yellow urine in the morning

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Recently, every morning I've been urinating yellow. When I brought this up with my doctor he said it was normal. I never used to urinate yellow, since I always drink plenty of water throughout the day. My question is, what could be causing this? The only supplements I am taking is vitamin c, cod liver oil and cissus, but I just recently started taking cissus and this has been going on awhile.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
Recently, every morning I've been urinating yellow. When I brought this up with my doctor he said it was normal. I never used to urinate yellow, since I always drink plenty of water throughout the day. My question is, what could be causing this? The only supplements I am taking is vitamin c, cod liver oil and cissus, but I just recently started taking cissus and this has been going on awhile.
Vitamins. :bigok:

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Normal, just an indicator of overall hydration status and what your body is passing..wastes, excess vitamins, salts etc. If it starts going dark orange...then you have problems.

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
i'll echo everybody else. if you have a good health plan just have a urinalysis done to ease any concerns. even without a plan it shouldnt cost over 20 bux.

oh and i'll add one more thing...drink more before bed!! this way when you get up to pee at 2am, down a quick protein shake. nothing better on a bulk!

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I am curious why it was never yellow before and now it is. Doesn't seem right to me.

Try drinking more water the last 2 hours before going to bed and see if changes.

Are you sure you haven't been eating or supplementing with anything which has B vits in them?

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I am curious why it was never yellow before and now it is. Doesn't seem right to me.

Try drinking more water the last 2 hours before going to bed and see if changes.

Are you sure you haven't been eating or supplementing with anything which has B vits in them?
No, but I do eat a lot of fruit.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
What about taking anything that would make you sweat more at night such as tren, fat burner etc.

A/C or heat up or down more than normal?

Any new medications which could cause you to sweat more? Change of jobs, weather, clothing, sports activity?

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
What about taking anything that would make you sweat more at night such as tren, fat burner etc.

A/C or heat up or down more than normal?

Any new medications which could cause you to sweat more? Change of jobs, weather, clothing, sports activity?
weather, I suppose it does get hot in my room, but even on cold nights I still pee yellow. I do not have a regular sleep pattern though. I don't take any meds at all just the supplements I mentioned. I have noticed lately though that I don't really sweat on my forehead that much. I mainly just sweat in my armpit and around my butt. IDK if that means anything I just haven't sweated on my forehead in awhile

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Ok so how long ago did your urine go from clear to yellow in the AM?

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
I would try drinking a little more water in the couple hours before you go to bed and see what that does.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
technically your piss is always yellow....even tho it looks clear coming out and in the toilet its not. I only know this because i had to piss in a bucket after knee surgery. Really yellow piss doesnt actually look that much different from clear piss when collected. Someting with the refraction of light....weird

dpfisher

If you don't drink enough water you have to wake up a couple times to pee at night then it's gonna be yellow in the morning. Personally I'd rather not have to get up in the middle of the night a few times and I think if it's clear the rest of the day you are obviously getting enough water for your body to flush everything out.

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
The more water you drink the more colorless your urine is.
The more Vitamins you take the more yellow your urine is.
The more dark sodas you drink the more orange your urine is.
The more dark natural foods you eat (beats, turnip greens, yams, coffee) the cloudier your urine will be.
Also urine can appear neon green/yellow when you drink energy drinks like red bull/monster/rockstar Im not sure if its from the Guarana, Taurine, or the artificial coloring in the drinks.

Lastly this is an anecdotal deduction, and may not be 100% true for everyone AND in addition to these observations there CAN BE HEALTH REASONS for urine color change as well (e.g: bile in some cases can be passed through the urine causing green coloring, and cloudy urine can sometime be an indication of gonorrhea)

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
The more water you drink the more colorless your urine is.
The more Vitamins you take the more yellow your urine is.
The more dark sodas you drink the more orange your urine is.
The more dark natural foods you eat (beats, turnip greens, yams, coffee) the cloudier your urine will be.
Also urine can appear neon green/yellow when you drink energy drinks like red bull/monster/rockstar Im not sure if its from the Guarana, Taurine, or the artificial coloring in the drinks.

Lastly this is an anecdotal deduction, and may not be 100% true for everyone AND in addition to these observations there CAN BE HEALTH REASONS for urine color change as well (e.g: bile in some cases can be passed through the urine causing green coloring, and cloudy urine can sometime be an indication of gonorrhea)
I do notice sometimes, especially if I have taurine my urine has a lot of fizz in it. Like when I take taurine and I get that relaxed feeling, hours later I'll urinate and there is a lot of fizz and bubbles in my urine and that relax feeling goes away.

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
When I started taking a vitamin B complex, I got the same thing (dark urine in the morning). If you're positive it's not that, then I have no clue.

Mindless

Awards
my first time after taking my multivitamines in the morning is usually funky yellow, too.