Sleeping?

chris808costa

chris808costa

Awards
So you are supposed to get at least 8 hours of sleep right. But does it matter how you get it? By that I mean can I sleep maybe 6 hours at night then sleep 2 more during the day? Most of the time I can't get the amount of sleep that I want to so is it ok if I make up for it during the day?
Thanks

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
theres no such thing as "catching up" on sleep. get as much as you can at one time and you'll be amazed at how your body will adapt. 8 hours in only a guide line not a absolute rule. the longer you sleep at one time the more time you spend in deep sleep aka R.E.M. sleep.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
^ Summed it up but basically they say to sleep atleast 8 hours cause theres stages of sleep and as he said R.E.M which the more of the better. Ive dealth fine with 6 hours of sleep but i wouldnt reccomend it 5 days straight or so try to get 8 hours everynight if not possible then i guess make due all you can do.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Its based on the fact that a sleep cycle is approximately 3 hours, so getting 3 cycles in 9 hours is optimal. I cant really sleep more than 8, I miss those teenage days