Wrist injury

redline2101

Awards
So my bench press form got sloppy and I ended up gripping the bar wrong on my heavy sets and now the outside side of my wrist KILLS especially at night. I have been lifting through it with proper form for about 2 or 3 weeks now but I cant really do pushups easily anymore and I CANNOT do pull ups or deadlifts. Its really bugging me, but I don't want to take time off training.

Basically what I wanted to know is if this was a common injury, how long until it gets better, and what exactly could it be. it was due to my wrist rolling back, I know its a very amateur mistake.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
you hyperextended a ligament in your wrist probably, could also be a pulled muscle. why lift through it? some injuries may never go away and turn into worse if you keep damaging the body part. If benching is more important to you than having a healthy body then keep going, otherwise start icing and taking ibuprofen and light stretching.

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
why lift through it? some injuries may never go away and turn into worse if you keep damaging the body part. If benching is more important to you than having a healthy body then keep going, otherwise start icing and taking ibuprofen and light stretching
I wholeheartedly agree with this. I've managed to injure my lower back twice in the past year. The second time I got impatient and started working it after two weeks of rest, which just compounded the problem. Around the same time I damaged my rotator cuff too. This happened in mid-june, and yesterday was the first day I've been able to squat since then, albeit with quite a bit of pain. My rotator cuff is still tender and i'm unable to do any kind of forward pushing movements. Don't get impatient and work through it, being able to lift injury free is something too many people take for granted.

CrazyBassGuy

Awards
I've just started light training again after 8 weeks off with tendonitis in my wrist, caused by?

You guessed it, very lightly tweaking my wrist and then training through it until I couldn't support myself on it like doing a pushup.

I hated it, 2 whole months without doing anything !!!!!

However I'm starting light and keeping an eye out for any pain and it sure feels good to be working out again :veryhappy:

All I can do is re-iterate what these guys have said, take the time out, ice it, take anti-inflamatories, I strapped mine up lightly when i was driving or typing to give it a proper rest.

Hope your better soon

T