Hardgainer, what to eat?

dropdrop

Awards
Hey guys, im new to these forums, read around and all seems pretty cool.

I was just wondering if any of you guys know a good diet plan to gain some weight. I dont mind taking supplements, but i read around and heard people talking about home made stuff and such.

I am currently around 65kg and im 19, and im around 5'9.
A bit skinny IMO.

anyway, yea, if any of you could tell me a good diet, and what things to do, i would greatly appreciate it.

note: i just wanna gain some weight and then turn it in to some muscle.

Thanks in advance.

P.S some of the **** i just wrote may sound really noob lol, thats coz i really have no experience in working out my body and ****.

bbbeast

Awards
Eat as much as you can.
Clean Carbs, Good fats and different protein sources. More than 5 meals...

dropdrop

Awards
thanks. but would it be cool to give me some examples? coz i dont really know what has what.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Some good healthy carbs are: Oatmeal, Sweet Potato, Fruit, (particularly low glycemic), Brown Rice, Veggies, Milk.

Healthy fats: Nuts, PB, Olive Oil, Avocado, Unsweetened Coconut, Cheese.

Protein: Eggs, Beef, Chicken, Cheese.

Those are only a few examples of some healthy foods.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
If you are a hardgainer just go on the seefood diet. Eat all you can and when you see fat coming in adjust as needed. There are a bunch of threads around here. Babywifey gave you a nice head start.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
When I was 17 I used to wrestle at 119 lbs. (54kg). When I was 19 I weighed 180 lbs. (82kg) ~10%bf. The reason for the change? When I wrestled I hardly ever ate cause I was always trying to make weight and always trying to be in the lowest possible weight class. After my junior year of high school I started lifting and as I got into bodybuilding I experimented with different diets. These guys gave you awesome examples of what you should be eating. What I'll say on top of that is that when you are trying to get your diet straight you should keep a careful log of what you are eating - i.e. calories, protein, fat, carbs. My advise is to make small adjustments on a weekly basis until you see yourself moving in the right direction (gaining lean weight or if you just want up then forget about the lean part).

froste

Awards
These guys are giving you good advice. I too am somewhat of a hard gainer. I always got stronger in the gym but never gained the size and weight I wanted until my nutrition got better. To gain weight you HAVE TO be eating more calories than your body uses. So for example if you're eating 2500 calories a day and stay relatively the same weight, up it 500 calories. Then from there you can fine tune it. My suggestions would be eating whole foods which are high in calories. Potatoes, rice, beans, red meat, chicken, avocados, nuts, etc.

I'll give you and example of what I eat when I'm bulking up. (*note I eat about 500-700 calories over my maintence calories)

Breakfast- 50 grams oats blended into powder, scoop of whey, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 cup milk, 1 banana, 1/2 cup of blue berries. (about 700 cals)

Then after I eat about every 3- 3 1/2 hours. I 'll give two examples.

example 1 - Brown rice, beans, red potatoes, chicken breast, and avocado (700 cals)

example 2 - Pasta with pasta sauce and flank steak. (700 cals)

Also very important if you are training with weights to replenish carbs and protein immediatly after working out. I do a waxy maize/whey isolate/glutamine shake (400 cals). Then eat a normal meal 1 hour later.

Hit it hard, eat lots and often and you should start to see results. To get calorie and nutrition info on foods just google "nutrition data".

Good luck.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
yeah calorieking is pretty good for nutritional info. Also, as a really hard gainer you should be eating till you feel sick every day. Don't stop eating when you're comfortable if you are maintaining weight. Keep upping those calories till the scale starts climbing.

booya123

Awards
im a hard gainer also. what i found works for me is a oatmeal shake 2 times a day, one when i wake up and one before bed. In the shake i put 1cup oats, 2 cups milk, 1 banana, and 1 scoop protein powder. This shake has around 700 cals and is easily downed. Another bonus i find is it doesn't keep me full for too long seems to get digested fast.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you are a hardgainer just go on the seefood diet. Eat all you can and when you see fat coming in adjust as needed. There are a bunch of threads around here. Babywifey gave you a nice head start.
do not do this. eat clean. I made this mistake my first year , aure youll get big and so will body fat levels

junk in equals junk out

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
do not do this. eat clean. I made this mistake my first year , aure youll get big and so will body fat levels

junk in equals junk out
Read the fine print smeton . . . :deal:

I would most certainly follow MrBig and Babywifey's advice OP and train hard.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Read the fine print smeton . . . :deal:

I would most certainly follow MrBig and Babywifey's advice OP and train hard.
I read it wrong.

learn to count calories and count them every day for specific results. I made this mistake for about five years

if you want to get big eating big will get you there and if you want to reach a specific weight like 240 lbs or whatever your goal is ...you can figure that out eat your way to that goal exactly.