chinese carryout

illgixxer

Awards
  • Established
how healthy is this? I know there is a lot of variation. Today I ordered a mandarian dish consisting of shrimp, chicken, and beef, with carrots, broccoli, and mini corns. I didn't eat the rice. Is the sauce bad for you? I figured it had a lot of protein, quality carbs, not sure about much else.

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
fried greasssy cat is the best! especially when its to go...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's a good cheat meal, but is definitely not clean.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
LOTS of sodium. The non-fried stuff is usually better of course. The rice is a no no for sure. When i get it i go to places that use veggie oil only, no MSG!

illgixxer

Awards
  • Established
you guys made me go to the gym a second time today to do some cardio after that meal haha

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
When my wife and I order, we try and get everything steamed, with the sauce on the side. Except for the boneless spare ribs.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you are going to a chinese restraunt.. might as well call it a full blown cheat meal. Crab Ragoon, Mongolian Beef, and all the rice you can stuff your gullet with! :D

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
you guys made me go to the gym a second time today to do some cardio after that meal haha
If your on the southside suburbs. go to oak lawn, around 87th n cicero and hit up China House or it might just be China Buffet. Clean food, clean buffet, sushi, not to much $ and LOTS of different options.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
While we're on the asian subject, how's the nutrition of sushi?

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
It depends on the specific roll/type.
Typically I order your basic rice/seaweed/eel/salmon etc. type roll. For example this is what I had last time I went "Out of control" roll: Salmon, tuna, yellowtail, avocado & asparagus on the inside. Topped with lightly seared salmon, tuna & yellowtail in our chilly meso & bbq sauce.

Copied out of their website. It was delicious. Thoughts?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Typically I order your basic rice/seaweed/eel/salmon etc. type roll. For example this is what I had last time I went "Out of control" roll: Salmon, tuna, yellowtail, avocado & asparagus on the inside. Topped with lightly seared salmon, tuna & yellowtail in our chilly meso & bbq sauce.

Copied out of their website. It was delicious. Thoughts?
Sounds good. Probably a hell of a refeed, but I'd use it for that purpose only (unless bulking).

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Rice is the only thing thatll get you on sushi. Its got alot fo good fats in the fish and the veggies are solid too. Its just when you start adding sauces pending on what they are then it may go south. Keep the sauces spicey and itll help out.