Atkins, Ketogenic, Paleo Diet....?

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hello

What is the GREAT difference in this diets (Atkins, Ketogenic , Paleo Diet) i read some about each one and seems same well i wish start with Atkins but i`m not sure if can use supplements with that?

Thanks

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The BCAA's are being converted into glucose Only if you are not getting enough fat in the diet.

this is true?

Wilderbeast

Wilderbeast

Awards
  • Established
Hello

What is the GREAT difference in this diets (Atkins, Ketogenic , Paleo Diet) i read some about each one and seems same well i wish start with Atkins but i`m not sure if can use supplements with that?

Thanks
These diets are very different from one another. Here's a quick breakdown.

The Atkins Diet:
is High Fat, Moderate Protein, LOW CARB diet.
It is something like F/P/C: 60/35/5.
Food choices are fatty proteins like salmon, beef, whole eggs, chicken (dark meat), pork,bacon, sausage, etc. Extra fats can be taken from basically any saturates, monounsaturated, or omega-3 fat you prefer. Butter, coconut oil, heavy cream its all fair game! You simply have to keep carbs below 20-30 grams per day coming strictly from indirect sources ONLY.

Ketogenic diet: There are several different types of ketogenic diets;

1. TKD: On a TKD, the diet is all protein/fats with a small amount of usually simple carbohydrates ingested pre and post workout only. There are not cheat meals, no carb days, simply carbs pre and post workout.

2. CKD: A little more of a practical diet for training athletes. This variation consists of usually 6 strict ketogenic days in a row followed by ONE day of HIGH carb intake. The fat intake is supposed to be LOW during the HIGH carb intake day. After the 1 carb day, the protein/fat days continue again for 6 days followed by another carb day. Typically the breakdown is something like:
Pro/Fat days: F/P/C: 50/45/<5 OR 50-60/45-35/<5
Carb days: F/P/C: 10/25/65 OR even higher on the carbs w/ lower fat and protein.

3. Strict Ketogenic: 7 days a week of ULTRA low carb w/ High fat and Protein.
Typically this type of diet is a HIGH Fat/ Moderate Protein diet. It can be moderate fat/high protein, BUT it is always LOW CARB, with no refeeds or cheat meals (containing carbs). Atkins is a strict keto diet.

4. Bodybuilding variations:
Palumbo Diet: High Protein/ Moderate "healthy" fats/ LOW Carb, w/ ONE cheat MEAL per week. The proteins are typically all low-moderate fat proteins, typically lean proteins. The meals are split into 6 feedings with 2-3 meals being whey isolate with Natty PB, 2 meals being LEAN protein with raw nuts, 1-2 egg meals, and 1 Fatty protein meal i.e. Salmon or Lean beef w/an oil & vinegar green salad w/ no vegetables. The fats on this variation are more strict in selection than any of the other varying forms of a ketogenic diet variation.
Sample foods:
Proteins: Chicken, Turkey, White fish, Egg whites, Omega-3 eggs, Steak, Lean beef, Salmon, Tuna, etc.
Fats: Natural PB, RAW nuts (almonds/cashews/walnuts ARE preferred), whole egg yolks (omega-3 eggs), Natural nut butters, EVOO (raw), Macadamia nut oil.
Usually the lean protein meals are paired with raw nuts, the WPI shakes are paired with natty nut butter or tbsp of EVOO or MNO, and the Fatty protein meal is paired with an oil-dressing based green leaf salad. The cheat meal is the SAME night each week as the last meal of that day. The cheat meal is to be limited to 1 meal lasting no more than 2 hours. ANYTHING goes during the cheat meal. DO NOT OVEREAT. Eat until you are satisfied, but do not overdo it.

Paleo Diet: The Paleolithic diet is also referred to as the hunter-gatherer OR caveman diet. It is NOT necessarily a ketogenic diet at all. The peleo diet typically includes the following:

-LEAN animal proteins
-Seafood: fish, mollusks, invertebraetes, shellfish
-Nuts
-Leafy greens
-Fruits
-Vegetables

All of these types of diets have their place and can be utilized to gain or lose weight (fat). Hope this helped at least a little.

Regards,

BEAST

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

The Atkins Diet:
Food choices are fatty proteins like salmon, beef, whole eggs, chicken (dark meat), pork,bacon, sausage, etc. Extra fats can be taken from basically any saturates, monounsaturated, or omega-3 fat you prefer. Butter, coconut oil, heavy cream its all fair game! You simply have to keep carbs below 20-30 grams per day coming strictly from indirect sources ONLY.

1. TKD: On a TKD, the diet is all protein/fats with a small amount of usually simple carbohydrates ingested pre and post workout only. There are not cheat meals, no carb days, simply carbs pre and post workout.

2. CKD: A little more of a practical diet for training athletes. This variation consists of usually 6 strict ketogenic days in a row followed by ONE day of HIGH carb intake. The fat intake is supposed to be LOW during the HIGH carb intake day. After the 1 carb day, the protein/fat days continue again for 6 days followed by another carb day. Typically the breakdown is something like:
Carb days: F/P/C: 10/25/65 OR even higher on the carbs w/ lower fat and protein.

Typically this type of diet is a HIGH Fat/ Moderate Protein diet. It can be moderate fat/high protein, BUT it is always LOW CARB, with no refeeds or cheat meals (containing carbs). Atkins is a strict keto diet.

Palumbo Diet: High Protein/ Moderate "healthy" fats/ LOW Carb, w/ ONE cheat MEAL per week. The proteins are typically all low-moderate fat proteins, typically lean proteins. The meals are split into 6 feedings with 2-3 meals being whey isolate with Natty PB, 2 meals being LEAN protein with raw nuts, 1-2 egg meals, and 1 Fatty protein meal i.e. Salmon or Lean beef w/an oil & vinegar green salad w/ no vegetables. The fats on this variation are more strict in selection than any of the other varying forms of a ketogenic diet variation.
Sample foods:
Proteins: Chicken, Turkey, White fish, Egg whites, Omega-3 eggs, Steak, Lean beef, Salmon, Tuna, etc.
Fats: Natural PB, RAW nuts (almonds/cashews/walnuts ARE preferred), whole egg yolks (omega-3 eggs), Natural nut butters, EVOO (raw), Macadamia nut oil.
Usually the lean protein meals are paired with raw nuts, the WPI shakes are paired with natty nut butter or tbsp of EVOO or MNO, and the Fatty protein meal is paired with an oil-dressing based green leaf salad. The cheat meal is the SAME night each week as the last meal of that day. The cheat meal is to be limited to 1 meal lasting no more than 2 hours. ANYTHING goes during the cheat meal. DO NOT OVEREAT. Eat until you are satisfied, but do not overdo it.

Paleo Diet: The Paleolithic diet is also referred to as the hunter-gatherer OR caveman diet. It is NOT necessarily a ketogenic diet at all. The peleo diet typically includes the following:

-LEAN animal proteins
-Nuts
-Leafy greens
-Fruits
-Vegetables

All of these types of diets have their place and can be utilized to gain or lose weight (fat). Hope this helped at least a little.

Regards,

BEAST

I will try Atkins and in this type of diets for prevent the muscle loss is good to use: Glutamine, AAKG, Creatine etc... you know?

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
If you are lifting and doing cardio then Atkins would not be the best, I would do the CKD or Anabolic Diet, which is similar to CKD, what are you looking to do, loose fat?

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you are lifting and doing cardio then Atkins would not be the best, I would do the CKD or Anabolic Diet, which is similar to CKD, what are you looking to do, loose fat?
yes man

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

The Atkins Diet:

Sample foods:

-LEAN animal proteins
-Nuts
-Leafy greens
-Fruits
-Vegetables

Regards,

BEAST
very good breakdown bud!!

I will try Atkins and in this type of diets for prevent the muscle loss is good to use: Glutamine, AAKG, Creatine etc... you know?
Go with AD, it is great. Especially for a first time diet, easy to stay withing guidelines and get to cheat every weekend. Look up the book by maurio dipasquale and read and follow. I am currently on AD for quite some time now, its a great diet. Once you get the hang of dieting and how your body reacts to food you can adjust to something more complex

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This the BSN SYNTHA 6 protein shake but i`m not sure if i can use with "Atkins Diet" ?

Total Calories 200
Calories from Fat 50
Total Fat 6g 9%
Saturated Fat 2g 10%
Cholesterol 60mg 20%
Total Carbohydrate 13g 4%

(total carb 13g) (- dietary fiber 5g) =10g NET CARBS

Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
Sugars 2g
Proteins 23g 46%
Calcium 100mg 10%
Phosphorus 100mg 10%
Sodium 160mg 7%
Potassium 190mg 5%

INGREDIENTS:Sustained release ultra-premium protein matrix comprised of (ultra-filtereed whey protein concentrate (milk) rich in lactalbumin, microfiltered whey protein isolate (milk) rich in whey isolate peptide fractions, calcium caseinate, micellar alpha and beta caseinates (milk), milk protein isolate (milk), and egg albumen (egg), glutamine peptides), richmix sunflower powder, Litesse II Polydextrose, natural and artificial flavors, nutrisperse MCT powder, cellulose gum, natural vegetable color, sucralose (splenda), acesulfame potassium, lecithin soy, aminogen, and papain.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I drink scivation whey for keto it taste great and has 0 net carbs and is aspartame dree

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I drink scivation whey for keto it taste great and has 0 net carbs and is aspartame dree
The taste is like Isopure in this category?

0 Carbs
0 Sugars

and i hope is more cheap like Isopure man!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
definetely is.. I get the 10lb box from nutraplanet for $67... cant beat that considering most whey is like $30 for 2lb

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
definetely is.. I get the 10lb box from nutraplanet for $67... cant beat that considering most whey is like $30 for 2lb
Great Josh! i buy some thanks man you use any other supplements with this diet?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Paleo is the easiest diet because there are very few "rules" to it. No grains or legumes and the occasional re-feed using potatoes.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Paleo is the easiest diet because there are very few "rules" to it. No grains or legumes and the occasional re-feed using potatoes.
How similar is it to the zone diet? I was thinking about switching mine to zone. From what I think I understand of the zone diet it is lean healthy meats like fish and chicken for protein, veggies and fruit for carbs and almonds, mac nut oil, and olive oil for fats. It seemed like a resonable plan

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great Josh! i buy some thanks man you use any other supplements with this diet?
In the AD book he has a list of different supplement stacks he recommends for energy and fat loss and cholestrol control but personally all I have am running with it is b-12, l-carnite, acetyl-l-carnite, multivitamin, multiantioxident, fish oil, CLA, some CER. EAA, and xtend. In the past I have done the AD diet with a ECA stack and had great results with bodyfat loss

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How similar is it to the zone diet? I was thinking about switching mine to zone. From what I think I understand of the zone diet it is lean healthy meats like fish and chicken for protein, veggies and fruit for carbs and almonds, mac nut oil, and olive oil for fats. It seemed like a resonable plan
Probably very different. Actual Paleo gets very little calories from carbs with most of it from flesh and veggies. Whole eggs are a must while going Paleo along fattier cuts of meat. For example, while going Paleo, I switch to chicken thighs instead of breast for the extra fat.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In the AD book he has a list of different supplement stacks he recommends for energy and fat loss and cholestrol control but personally all I have am running with it is b-12, l-carnite, acetyl-l-carnite, multivitamin, multiantioxident, fish oil, CLA, some CER. EAA, and xtend. In the past I have done the AD diet with a ECA stack and had great results with bodyfat loss

and yohimbine is good too?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Probably very different. Actual Paleo gets very little calories from carbs with most of it from flesh and veggies. Whole eggs are a must while going Paleo along fattier cuts of meat. For example, while going Paleo, I switch to chicken thighs instead of breast for the extra fat.
Good call on the chicken thighs.. I

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I read in one thread that caffeine is not allowed in this diet and the book not say this only not much caffeine but how is much and why?
i got a product that's contains 200mg of caffeine i think this much

p.s. the caffeine mimics the insulin

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I read in one thread that caffeine is not allowed in this diet and the book not say this only not much caffeine but how is much and why?

How does caffeine in any way mimic insulin?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

If I'm not mistaken this is for atkins diet. I think his basis for this is that the spikes of adrenline causes you too crave carbs when it drops something similar to when ur blood sugar drops but I don't think it actually effects the body chemistry for the diet. When I was on ECA I would get 600-800mg caffeine and that's not counting soda or coffee and I would check ketone levels daily and had no problem gettin into ketosis and losing body fat

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If I'm not mistaken this is for atkins diet. I think his basis for this is that the spikes of adrenline causes you too crave carbs when it drops something similar to when ur blood sugar drops but I don't think it actually effects the body chemistry for the diet. When I was on ECA I would get 600-800mg caffeine and that's not counting soda or coffee and I would check ketone levels daily and had no problem gettin into ketosis and losing body fat
Excellent!!!!!!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is kinda misleading because your body will crave glucose while in a caloric deficit.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How does caffeine in any way mimic insulin?
the caffeine mimics the stress response in our bodies and the cortisol and insulin levels rise. These elevated levels of stress hormone signal the body to store fat.???? great i understand this but much protein the body converts in glucose then stores as FAT right ?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the caffeine mimics the stress response in our bodies and the cortisol and insulin levels rise. These elevated levels of stress hormone signal the body to store fat.???? great i understand this but much protein the body converts in glucose then stores as FAT right ?
All stims increase epinephrine and this causes blood-glucose to rise. As a result, cortisol is increased to look for other sources of fuel (FFA, AA).

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
All stims increase epinephrine and this causes blood-glucose to rise. As a result, cortisol is increased to look for other sources of fuel (FFA, AA).
You shot in the head!!!! is EXACTLY that's Atkins says in your book!

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
and BTW much protein the body converts in glucose then stores as FAT?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Depends on overall activity and amount of protein ingested.
Excess protein is stored as fat? I always thought you pee'd out extra protein??

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Excess protein is stored as fat? I always thought you pee'd out extra protein??
in excess yes!

It is broken down into building blocks known as peptides.
Then, it is further broken down and it becomes amino acids.
The amino acids are absorbed through the small intestine's lining and enter the blood stream.
From here, some of the amino acids build the body's protein stores.
Excess amino acids are converted to fats and sugars and follow the paths described above.
This is such a simple concept, but many people still believe that consuming lots and lots of protein will put muscle on their bones. Don't be fooled by this notion! Even excess protein turns to fat.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
but maybe this applies on a aperson @175lb and wish loose 10-15lbs but a person @250-300lbs and wish too loose 50lb i don`t think so

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I use BCAA (pure pharmaceutical grade) 5g after and before weight and cardio so my body is completely depleted by the exercise and until is begin to eat my muscles
I down 5g of BCAA and 10g of Glutamine (pure pharmaceutical grade ) this is my 5 day with this and worked flawless for me I think if you do exercise with AD and take BCAA + Glutamine is a GREAT help for not loose your muscles and blow out the fat in my case i consume proteins from solid foods.

p.s. this varies by the person weight and exercise activity

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I use BCAA (pure pharmaceutical grade) 5g after and before weight and cardio so my body is completely depleted by the exercise and until is begin to eat my muscles
I down 5g of BCAA and 10g of Glutamine (pure pharmaceutical grade ) this is my 5 day with this and worked flawless for me I think if you do exercise with AD and take BCAA + Glutamine is a GREAT help for not loose your muscles and blow out the fat in my case i consume proteins from solid foods.

p.s. this varies by the person weight and exercise activity

You're at day 5; it is far too early to make any judgments concerning the efficacy of your diet and/or training.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
until now i feel good and better so i keep yours update!

KingdomCome

Awards

The Atkins Diet:

Sample foods:

-LEAN animal proteins
-Nuts
-Leafy greens
-Fruits
-Vegetables

Regards,

BEAST

Wow, all that? Bravo.