honey post workout
- 11-04-2009, 06:50 PM
- 11-04-2009, 07:20 PM
Considering it's primarily fructose, using it as your only pwo carb source is suboptimal. Takes too long to hit the blood stream and will primarily cause glycogen synthesis in the liver rather than in muscle, which is the exact opposite of how you want it.
Some fructose is fine, it can help modulate blood sugar levels, and refueling the liver in the presence of carbs that can reach muscle can help speed overall glycogen synthesis. But just straight honey is not gonna do a whole lot for you.
Read up on fructose, it has a very controversial reputation.
11-04-2009, 07:21 PM
I use it on whole wheat bread pre w/o meal. Have not tried it post though.
Always open light. It’s not what you open with, it’s what you finish with. Louie Simmons
Similar Forum Threads
- By DarCSA in forum Weight LossReplies: 13Last Post: 01-04-2006, 03:42 PM
- By TMack40 in forum Weight LossReplies: 40Last Post: 04-06-2003, 06:21 AM
- By Nelson in forum Weight LossReplies: 2Last Post: 01-29-2003, 02:40 AM
- By sage in forum Weight LossReplies: 4Last Post: 01-24-2003, 11:18 AM
- By TMack40 in forum SupplementsReplies: 0Last Post: 10-21-2002, 10:10 PM