Traps burn 24/7

jim623

It's been about two weeks now, my traps burn like hell all the time. I haven't worked them in over a week and it's not DOMS. It's a deep tissue burning and tightness, any ideas why or what could relieve it? I'm putting biofreeze on it several times a day to no prevail. Don't want to overdo ibuprophen.

Thanks,
Jim

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Have someone give you a deep tissue massage? Have you been stressed out alot lately? Could be just some serious fascia tissue tension. When you look in the mirror, how is your posture?

jim623

Have someone give you a deep tissue massage? Have you been stressed out alot lately? Could be just some serious fascia tissue tension. When you look in the mirror, how is your posture?
Stress has been a bit high lately, super heavy work load with VERY short turn around.

Haven't really noticed my posture. Today my back is a bit sore also.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Stress kills my neck and upper back. makes for a nice recipe for muscle spasm's in my upper traps and surrounding muscles.

I find I have to make a conscious effort to relax my traps and lower my shoulders a lot.

jim623

Stress kills my neck and upper back. makes for a nice recipe for muscle spasm's in my upper traps and surrounding muscles.

I find I have to make a conscious effort to relax my traps and lower my shoulders a lot.
That's what it is, my shoulders feel raised. Shouldn't Rhodiola help this?

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
That's what it is, my shoulders feel raised. Shouldn't Rhodiola help this?

It only works so well. I actually stopped taking it about a week ago, it just didn't seemed to be effective anymore. I just started back today.

I haven't found anything to get rid of that tension. Its always their lurking.

jim623

It only works so well. I actually stopped taking it about a week ago, it just didn't seemed to be effective anymore. I just started back today.

I haven't found anything to get rid of that tension. Its always their lurking.
Thanks LW, I'm gonna make it a mission to find something to help this. :cheers:

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Good luck.

Oh, and any odd pain or discomfort when your working out?

jim623

Came across this.
There are a bunch of herbs that help relieve muscle spasm. Devil's Claw is specific for your condition but may be difficult to find. Others are Hops, Linden flower, Passion flower, Skullcap, Black Haw, Crampbark, Valerian root and Black Cohosh. If it is nerve related, Vervain is excellent. As these are muscle relaxers, try them when you're at home first to see how they affect your "ability to drive or operate machinery."

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Interesting find. Thanks. Lately I've just been popping a Soma or two.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Oh, and great news! I just developed another spasm in my left shoulder. I think this one has more to do with the a$$ whipping I bestowed upon my shoulders and traps yesterday.

soma, here I come.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I was wondering if you had tried anything else.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rocket3015 Training Forum 66
Rocket3015 Training Forum 42
Rocket3015 Training Forum 27
Training Forum 12
Training Forum 3