- 11-03-2009, 12:55 PM
just wondering if anyone in this community has had blood work and their CPK levels came back extremely elevated?
I know if you workout hard and have sore muscles and what not...this will elevate your CPK levels...but mine have been elevated for some time, years actaully.....now my doc wants me to get a muscle biopsy.
I don't know if the high CPK levels are from just working out hard or some other underlying problem...anyone know if high/extreme CPK levels are normal for weight lifting?
- 11-05-2009, 01:48 PM
Like you said, working out can elevate CPK values because it can be an indicator of muscle breakdown.
Maybe stop all weight lifting for a few weeks and see how your levels respond
11-05-2009, 02:34 PM
11-05-2009, 04:34 PM
11-06-2009, 03:36 PM
11-06-2009, 03:47 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By Sanosuke in forum SupplementsReplies: 25Last Post: 04-13-2008, 08:00 PM
- By hamper19 in forum General ChatReplies: 22Last Post: 06-11-2005, 11:11 PM
- By windwords7 in forum Training ForumReplies: 7Last Post: 01-07-2003, 02:03 AM
- By YellowJacket in forum Training ForumReplies: 9Last Post: 12-12-2002, 11:42 AM
- By Lifeguard in forum Training ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 12-12-2002, 07:26 AM