Muscle Biopsy

1. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.47%

Muscle Biopsy

just wondering if anyone in this community has had blood work and their CPK levels came back extremely elevated?

I know if you workout hard and have sore muscles and what not...this will elevate your CPK levels...but mine have been elevated for some time, years actaully.....now my doc wants me to get a muscle biopsy.
    I don't know if the high CPK levels are from just working out hard or some other underlying problem...anyone know if high/extreme CPK levels are normal for weight lifting?

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.33%

How high??

Like you said, working out can elevate CPK values because it can be an indicator of muscle breakdown.

Maybe stop all weight lifting for a few weeks and see how your levels respond
  3. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.47%

Quote Originally Posted by southstar99 View Post
    How high??

Like you said, working out can elevate CPK values because it can be an indicator of muscle breakdown.

Maybe stop all weight lifting for a few weeks and see how your levels respond
    highest was at 1579...and then it was 625 after I stopped for 2 weeks, which is still high since normal levels are between 50-170 according to my blood work report...
    •   

4. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogz View Post
    just wondering if anyone in this community has had blood work and their CPK levels came back extremely elevated?

I know if you workout hard and have sore muscles and what not...this will elevate your CPK levels...but mine have been elevated for some time, years actaully.....now my doc wants me to get a muscle biopsy.
    I don't know if the high CPK levels are from just working out hard or some other underlying problem...anyone know if high/extreme CPK levels are normal for weight lifting?
    For 4-5 years I had my bloods done weekly. My CK levels were through the roof most of the time due to the intensity and regularity of my training. The levels that you have mentioned are normal if you training consistently and training as hard as you can. The only time my CK levels dropped within 'normal limits' was when I had my week off...Do remember that doctors think something is wrong with the slightest difference from 'normal' values; I have had several issues with them wanting to prescribe me things or check up on me because of abnormal values; values that I know were a result of either training or supplementation.

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  5. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.47%

Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    For 4-5 years I had my bloods done weekly. My CK levels were through the roof most of the time due to the intensity and regularity of my training. The levels that you have mentioned are normal if you training consistently and training as hard as you can. The only time my CK levels dropped within 'normal limits' was when I had my week off...Do remember that doctors think something is wrong with the slightest difference from 'normal' values; I have had several issues with them wanting to prescribe me things or check up on me because of abnormal values; values that I know were a result of either training or supplementation.

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    Thank you rosie...mine right now seem to be thru the roof and even when I took two weeks off from working out and get blood work they went down by half but they were still pretty high..anyway..doing a biopsy next week to look into further as a precaution..wish me luck I guess
  6. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogz View Post
    Thank you rosie...mine right now seem to be thru the roof and even when I took two weeks off from working out and get blood work they went down by half but they were still pretty high..anyway..doing a biopsy next week to look into further as a precaution..wish me luck I guess
    No worries...Precaution is good where due...

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

Similar Forum Threads

1. For Sale: Purus Labs Muscle Marinade Grape (Muscle Builders)
    By winwrightsa in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2011, 03:55 AM
  2. For Sale: Purus Labs Muscle Marinade Grape (Muscle Builders)
    By winwrightsa in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2011, 03:51 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-10-2011, 01:03 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-13-2010, 08:46 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-21-2009, 12:25 PM