Muscle Biopsy

bulldogz

bulldogz

Awards
  • Established
just wondering if anyone in this community has had blood work and their CPK levels came back extremely elevated?

I know if you workout hard and have sore muscles and what not...this will elevate your CPK levels...but mine have been elevated for some time, years actaully.....now my doc wants me to get a muscle biopsy.
I don't know if the high CPK levels are from just working out hard or some other underlying problem...anyone know if high/extreme CPK levels are normal for weight lifting?

S

southstar99

Awards
How high??

Like you said, working out can elevate CPK values because it can be an indicator of muscle breakdown.

Maybe stop all weight lifting for a few weeks and see how your levels respond

bulldogz

bulldogz

Awards
  • Established
How high??

Like you said, working out can elevate CPK values because it can be an indicator of muscle breakdown.

Maybe stop all weight lifting for a few weeks and see how your levels respond
highest was at 1579...and then it was 625 after I stopped for 2 weeks, which is still high since normal levels are between 50-170 according to my blood work report...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
just wondering if anyone in this community has had blood work and their CPK levels came back extremely elevated?

I know if you workout hard and have sore muscles and what not...this will elevate your CPK levels...but mine have been elevated for some time, years actaully.....now my doc wants me to get a muscle biopsy.
I don't know if the high CPK levels are from just working out hard or some other underlying problem...anyone know if high/extreme CPK levels are normal for weight lifting?
For 4-5 years I had my bloods done weekly. My CK levels were through the roof most of the time due to the intensity and regularity of my training. The levels that you have mentioned are normal if you training consistently and training as hard as you can. The only time my CK levels dropped within 'normal limits' was when I had my week off...Do remember that doctors think something is wrong with the slightest difference from 'normal' values; I have had several issues with them wanting to prescribe me things or check up on me because of abnormal values; values that I know were a result of either training or supplementation.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

bulldogz

bulldogz

Awards
  • Established
For 4-5 years I had my bloods done weekly. My CK levels were through the roof most of the time due to the intensity and regularity of my training. The levels that you have mentioned are normal if you training consistently and training as hard as you can. The only time my CK levels dropped within 'normal limits' was when I had my week off...Do remember that doctors think something is wrong with the slightest difference from 'normal' values; I have had several issues with them wanting to prescribe me things or check up on me because of abnormal values; values that I know were a result of either training or supplementation.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT
Thank you rosie...mine right now seem to be thru the roof and even when I took two weeks off from working out and get blood work they went down by half but they were still pretty high..anyway..doing a biopsy next week to look into further as a precaution..wish me luck I guess :fingersx:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Thank you rosie...mine right now seem to be thru the roof and even when I took two weeks off from working out and get blood work they went down by half but they were still pretty high..anyway..doing a biopsy next week to look into further as a precaution..wish me luck I guess :fingersx:
No worries...Precaution is good where due...

~Rosie
Team APPNUT