Whire rice or brown rice??

doclegion

Awards
when bulking should i eat white rice more then brown rice???

Which is better for bulking or cutting?? Everything points to brown rice but i would read some books on bodybuilding and its mostly white rice?? I like both
and curious to know what the best bet would be

just thought i would post

Wilderbeast

Wilderbeast

Awards
  • Established
The differences between white and brown rice as far as GI rating are over-exaggerated. Stick with a "long-grain" rice whether you go with white or brown is up to you. The type of grain makes more of a difference in the rice than the color. They are pretty much interchangeable as far as I am concerned. I would still stick with brown rice though as I prefer its taste, and I personally feel like at least for me it doesn't cause as much upset in my digestive system. White rice seems to assimilate less efficiently in my body than brown rice. Try them both out for yourself and stick with what is best for your body, personal tastes, etc.

BEAST

REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established
White rice is a filler, had ZERO nutrition value. Stick with brown rice.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
White rice is a filler, had ZERO nutrition value. Stick with brown rice.
I think ZERO nutrition is just a tad exagerrated although it certainly does have less nutrition than brown rice.

gibsonj4

gibsonj4

Awards
  • Established
I like white rice just me tho and I wouldn't say it has 0 nutriton.

dpfisher

You can buy brown rice in 20lb bags for like $18 at most larger grocery stores. Get one of those and you've got enough rice for a month at least.

gibsonj4

gibsonj4

Awards
  • Established
How much rice does everyone eat (if at all)? I eat about 2-3 cups a day

gibsonj4

gibsonj4

Awards
  • Established
How much rice does everyone eat (if at all)? I eat about 2-3 cups a day

dpfisher

2-3 cups dry, don't really know what that is cooked. Rice and vegetables are basically my only carb sources

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
brown bro and befor u cook it let it germinate over night it will increase the GABA content and thus making it up to 3x more nutrional(sp)

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
brown bro and befor u cook it let it germinate over night it will increase the GABA content and thus making it up to 3x more nutrional(sp)
keimen Sie haha? Vielen Dank für den Tipp - wird auch die kochende Zeit auch einschränken.

Reps! :thumbsup:

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
haha ich spraka kine duetch? oo mand thats bad havt spoke or typed in years lol

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
I like the taste of white rice more than brown rice, but I eat more brown rice because of the nutritional content. I believe brown rice has more fiber and protein per serving. I will def. try leaving the rice in water over night.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
powkfwiwice? u make a da powkfwiwice?

Okay, seriously...

Get yourself some brown basmatti rice. You can get US-grown as well; sold as Texmatti (grown in Texas). Pricey, but the best stuff you can get. Beautifully aromatic. I love just sniffing the pan it's cooking in.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
2-3 cups dry, don't really know what that is cooked. Rice and vegetables are basically my only carb sources
You eat 2-3 cups dry in one sitting?! That's like 6 cups of cooked rice....are you sure, man? That sounds insane. Perhaps you mean per day?...

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh, und Ich spreche ein bissen Deutsch. Ja, gut, nein?!!!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Nicht schlecht für einen Anfänger. Das wäre heute nützlich gewesen, jedoch Morgen ist russischer Sprachtag!
Рис делает для плохой водки. Как смеют Вы обсуждать рис в великолепной России. В советской России, Вы не обсуждаете рис, рис обсуждает Вас!

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Рис делает для плохой водки. Как смеют Вы обсуждать рис в великолепной России. В советской России, Вы не обсуждаете рис, рис обсуждает Вас!
Мать Россия не учитывает такое неповиновение или презрение к нашему великолепному национальному напитку! Глаза риса! Вас будут посылать гулагу!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Мать Россия не учитывает такое неповиновение или презрение к нашему великолепному национальному напитку! Глаза риса! Вас будут посылать гулагу!
Многие сделали осмеяние для моей великолепной матери Россией. Те, которые делают, вызваны провести время в Гулаге. Скромные домашние запасы размещения humongous рогатых людей.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Многие сделали осмеяние для моей великолепной матери Россией. Те, которые делают, вызваны провести время в Гулаге. Скромные домашние запасы размещения humongous рогатых людей.
Lol, that wont even translate! :trink26:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dude, that's exactly what I've been saying.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Lol, that wont even translate! :trink26:
Dude, that's exactly what I've been saying.
Many have made mockery of my magnificent Mother Russia. Those that do are forced to spend time in The Gulag. A humble home housing hoards of humongous horny humans.

White rice, brown rice, red rice, blue rice...

dpfisher

You eat 2-3 cups dry in one sitting?! That's like 6 cups of cooked rice....are you sure, man? That sounds insane. Perhaps you mean per day?...
I did mean per day, just like the guy above me was talking about.

gibsonj4

gibsonj4

Awards
  • Established
I usually eat 2 cups dry a day. It varies between white or brown rice for me tho I'm more partial to white because of the flavor but I may try the texas grown suggested above.

gibsonj4

gibsonj4

Awards
  • Established
I usually eat 2 cups dry a day. It varies between white or brown rice for me tho I'm more partial to white because of the flavor but I may try the texas grown suggested above.

gibsonj4

gibsonj4

Awards
  • Established

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You posted this 3X. Does that mean you eat 6 cups dry/day? :party:

gibsonj4

gibsonj4

Awards
  • Established

dpfisher

gibsonj4 is like those spam posts, but he forgot to advertise a product

Unless he's a rice farmer or something

gibsonj4

gibsonj4

Awards
  • Established
Haha holy **** didn't mean for that to post 4 times! I did post in the parking garage at the gym so phone prolly messed up w low service. My bad fellas! I just really like rice apparently haha