Whire rice or brown rice??

  1. Whire rice or brown rice??


    when bulking should i eat white rice more then brown rice???

    Which is better for bulking or cutting?? Everything points to brown rice but i would read some books on bodybuilding and its mostly white rice?? I like both
    and curious to know what the best bet would be

    just thought i would post


  2. The differences between white and brown rice as far as GI rating are over-exaggerated. Stick with a "long-grain" rice whether you go with white or brown is up to you. The type of grain makes more of a difference in the rice than the color. They are pretty much interchangeable as far as I am concerned. I would still stick with brown rice though as I prefer its taste, and I personally feel like at least for me it doesn't cause as much upset in my digestive system. White rice seems to assimilate less efficiently in my body than brown rice. Try them both out for yourself and stick with what is best for your body, personal tastes, etc.

    BEAST

  3. White rice is a filler, had ZERO nutrition value. Stick with brown rice.
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by REEVESDIESEL View Post
    White rice is a filler, had ZERO nutrition value. Stick with brown rice.
    I think ZERO nutrition is just a tad exagerrated although it certainly does have less nutrition than brown rice.

  5. I like white rice just me tho and I wouldn't say it has 0 nutriton.
  6. dpfisher
    dpfisher's Avatar

    You can buy brown rice in 20lb bags for like $18 at most larger grocery stores. Get one of those and you've got enough rice for a month at least.

  7. How much rice does everyone eat (if at all)? I eat about 2-3 cups a day

  8. How much rice does everyone eat (if at all)? I eat about 2-3 cups a day
  9. dpfisher
    dpfisher's Avatar

    2-3 cups dry, don't really know what that is cooked. Rice and vegetables are basically my only carb sources

  10. brown bro and befor u cook it let it germinate over night it will increase the GABA content and thus making it up to 3x more nutrional(sp)

  11. Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    brown bro and befor u cook it let it germinate over night it will increase the GABA content and thus making it up to 3x more nutrional(sp)
    keimen Sie haha? Vielen Dank für den Tipp - wird auch die kochende Zeit auch einschränken.

    Reps!

  12. haha ich spraka kine duetch? oo mand thats bad havt spoke or typed in years lol

  13. Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    haha ich spraka kine duetch? oo mand thats bad havt spoke or typed in years lol
    Ja, ich sicher tue! Ich lebte in Düsseldorf seit 5 Jahren machend Pornografie!

  14. I like the taste of white rice more than brown rice, but I eat more brown rice because of the nutritional content. I believe brown rice has more fiber and protein per serving. I will def. try leaving the rice in water over night.

  15. powkfwiwice? u make a da powkfwiwice?

    Okay, seriously...

    Get yourself some brown basmatti rice. You can get US-grown as well; sold as Texmatti (grown in Texas). Pricey, but the best stuff you can get. Beautifully aromatic. I love just sniffing the pan it's cooking in.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by dpfisher View Post
    2-3 cups dry, don't really know what that is cooked. Rice and vegetables are basically my only carb sources
    You eat 2-3 cups dry in one sitting?! That's like 6 cups of cooked rice....are you sure, man? That sounds insane. Perhaps you mean per day?...

  17. Oh, und Ich spreche ein bissen Deutsch. Ja, gut, nein?!!!

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Oh, und Ich spreche ein bissen Deutsch. Ja, gut, nein?!!!
    Nicht schlecht für einen Anfänger. Das wäre heute nützlich gewesen, jedoch Morgen ist russischer Sprachtag!

  19. Quote Originally Posted by jakellpet View Post
    Nicht schlecht für einen Anfänger. Das wäre heute nützlich gewesen, jedoch Morgen ist russischer Sprachtag!
    Рис делает для плохой водки. Как смеют Вы обсуждать рис в великолепной России. В советской России, Вы не обсуждаете рис, рис обсуждает Вас!
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!

  20. Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    Рис делает для плохой водки. Как смеют Вы обсуждать рис в великолепной России. В советской России, Вы не обсуждаете рис, рис обсуждает Вас!
    Мать Россия не учитывает такое неповиновение или презрение к нашему великолепному национальному напитку! Глаза риса! Вас будут посылать гулагу!

  21. Quote Originally Posted by jakellpet View Post
    Мать Россия не учитывает такое неповиновение или презрение к нашему великолепному национальному напитку! Глаза риса! Вас будут посылать гулагу!
    Многие сделали осмеяние для моей великолепной матери Россией. Те, которые делают, вызваны провести время в Гулаге. Скромные домашние запасы размещения humongous рогатых людей.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!

  22. Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    Многие сделали осмеяние для моей великолепной матери Россией. Те, которые делают, вызваны провести время в Гулаге. Скромные домашние запасы размещения humongous рогатых людей.
    Lol, that wont even translate!

  23. Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    Многие сделали осмеяние для моей великолепной матери Россией. Те, которые делают, вызваны провести время в Гулаге. Скромные домашние запасы размещения humongous рогатых людей.
    Dude, that's exactly what I've been saying.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by jakellpet View Post
    Lol, that wont even translate!
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Dude, that's exactly what I've been saying.
    Many have made mockery of my magnificent Mother Russia. Those that do are forced to spend time in The Gulag. A humble home housing hoards of humongous horny humans.


    ...


    White rice, brown rice, red rice, blue rice...
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  25. dpfisher
    dpfisher's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    You eat 2-3 cups dry in one sitting?! That's like 6 cups of cooked rice....are you sure, man? That sounds insane. Perhaps you mean per day?...
    I did mean per day, just like the guy above me was talking about.

  26. I usually eat 2 cups dry a day. It varies between white or brown rice for me tho I'm more partial to white because of the flavor but I may try the texas grown suggested above.

  27. I usually eat 2 cups dry a day. It varies between white or brown rice for me tho I'm more partial to white because of the flavor but I may try the texas grown suggested above.

  28. I usually eat 2 cups dry a day. It varies between white or brown rice for me tho I'm more partial to white because of the flavor but I may try the texas grown suggested above.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by gibsonj4 View Post
    I usually eat 2 cups dry a day. It varies between white or brown rice for me tho I'm more partial to white because of the flavor but I may try the texas grown suggested above.
    You posted this 3X. Does that mean you eat 6 cups dry/day?

  30. I usually eat 2 cups dry a day. It varies between white or brown rice for me tho I'm more partial to white because of the flavor but I may try the texas grown suggested above.
  31. dpfisher
    dpfisher's Avatar

    gibsonj4 is like those spam posts, but he forgot to advertise a product

    Unless he's a rice farmer or something

  32. Haha holy **** didn't mean for that to post 4 times! I did post in the parking garage at the gym so phone prolly messed up w low service. My bad fellas! I just really like rice apparently haha
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. More Brown Rice Less White Rice Could Reduce Diabetes Risk
    By MAxximal in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-24-2010, 04:36 PM
  2. Brown rice VS White rice
    By TipTopShape in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-15-2010, 02:48 PM
  3. Brown rice.
    By Jurekdom in forum Recipes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-09-2008, 08:51 PM
  4. Brown rice Q's
    By rampage jackson in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-28-2006, 02:06 PM
Log in
Log in