breakfast and morning workouts

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hey i was jsut wondering what your opinion is on big breakfast and then working out.

I usually eat a large breakfast of 4 eggs (2 whole) with veggies and ham chopped in along with a heaping 1/2 cup of dr oatmeal cooked in about 5 oz of 1% milk with apple or some other fruit chopped in and maybe some nuts.

I usually wait around 1.5 hours before heading to teh gym, do you thinkt his sounds ok?

What do u usually do for breakfast when you want to train in the morning, like what would i have if i had less time or somethign liek that...... thanks for any input and advice.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
eat your yolks!

i try to leave 1.5 - 2 hours after breakfast before working out. if i was really short on time i'd chuck 6 or so weetabix down me and a protein shake lol

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
if you're waiting an hour and a half before going to the gym you'll be fine.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
what xactly are wheetabix lol, and if u did that witht the shake how long would u suggest waiting

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
what xactly are wheetabix lol, and if u did that witht the shake how long would u suggest waiting
"Weetabix is a whole grain wheat breakfast cereal produced by Weetabix Limited of the United Kingdom. It comes in the form of palm-sized biscuits. Variants include organic and Weetabix Minis (bite-sized) versions.[1] The UK cereal is manufactured in Burton Latimer, Kettering, United Kingdom and in Canada and exported to over 80 countries.[2]. U.S Weetabix, in both organic and conventional versions, is manufactured in the North American location of Cobourg, Ontario, Canada."

well ifi was having the weetabix and a shake i'd be hitting the gym prob an hour - 1.5 hours after eating. as the whey only takes 45mins or so to digest. I prefer to have a nice big proper meal though :)

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
oo soudns interesting woner if i coudl find any herre , i live pretty clsoe to canada , in buffalo nY actually. thanks alto for the input. anyone else have any input on what they eat when they workout not too long after in the morning? thanks

PaisteDriver

PaisteDriver

Awards
I lift a couple mornings during the week. I wake up at 5:30am, have a shake with 50g protein, 1 cup of oats, and a banana. Wash it down with some water and my daily vitamins. Have my pre-workout supps with coffee around 6:00 am and get to the gym around 6:30am.