Beginner's diet advice needed - AnabolicMinds.com

Beginner's diet advice needed

  1. FreeDiver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    64

    Reputation

    Beginner's diet advice needed


    Hi everybody, this is my first post here at AM. I've just started to workout again a couple of weeks ago after a 9 year hiatus. Right now I'm on a cutting phase first. So, what I wanna do is layout my current diet here so people with more experience and knowledge can tell me if I'm doing it right and advice me on what I could do.

    Here it goes:

    6:30 AM (Meal + Animal Cuts + Perfor-Maxx)
    Cal: 420
    Carb: 91g
    Prot: 13g
    Fat: 0g


    9:30 AM: (Shake ProComplex Gainer + Pro Complex)
    Cal: 312
    Carb: 23g
    Prot: 44g
    Fat: 5g


    12:30 PM (Meal + Animal Cuts)
    Cal: 215
    Carb: 38g
    Prot: 13g
    Fat: 3g


    3:30 PM: (Shake ProComplex Gainer + NitroCore 24)
    Cal: 328
    Carb: 31g
    Prot: 32g
    Fat: 9g


    6:30 PM (Meal + Perfor-Maxx + Animal Pumps@1 hour later)
    Cal: 260
    Carb: 50g
    Prot: 10g
    Fat: 1g

    9:30 PM: (Shake ProComplex + Nitrocore 24)
    Cal: 316
    Carb: 14g
    Prot: 49g
    Fat: 7g


    I workout from 7:30 PM to 9:00 PM. Please let me know what you think. I'm open to any suggestions you may have. Thanks!

  2. Steveoph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,523
    Rep Power
    41243

    Reputation

    That`s only 25g of fat per day; I would bump that up to 60g atleast. You have 160+ g of protein, you could drop some carbs and protein and up the fat. Your body needs fat to produce hormones and many other essential-to-life processes.
  3. youngandfree's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,285
    Rep Power
    2268

    Reputation

    I would cut out all the shakes except for post workout. Need more whole food instead of just protein powders.
    •   
       

  4. planetfuzz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    888
    Rep Power
    531

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    That`s only 25g of fat per day; I would bump that up to 60g atleast. You have 160+ g of protein, you could drop some carbs and protein and up the fat. Your body needs fat to produce hormones and many other essential-to-life processes.
    Defiantly more fat! Why so many supplements?
  5. FreeDiver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    64

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by youngandfree View Post
    I would cut out all the shakes except for post workout. Need more whole food instead of just protein powders.
    Basically, I have three meals a day and three shakes. In a typical day, rice and beans in the morning (6:30 AM), a soy burrito at noon and a vegetable soup at night (6:30 PM). It is difficult for me to carry meals around while at work. I do eat a fair amount of nuts during the week.
  6. FreeDiver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    64

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by planetfuzz View Post
    Defiantly more fat! Why so many supplements?
    Perfor-Maxx is the multi-vitamin, Animal Cuts is for getting rid of fat (21 day cycle), and Animal Pumps is for muscle support during workout.
  7. JessieC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    85

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeDiver View Post
    Perfor-Maxx is the multi-vitamin, Animal Cuts is for getting rid of fat (21 day cycle), and Animal Pumps is for muscle support during workout.
    your 158, how much fat could you possibly have?
  8. FreeDiver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    64

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JessieC View Post
    your 158, how much fat could you possibly have?
    My point exactly! That's precisely what I don't understand. My arms, legs, neck, and even my butt have almost no fat. My torso is a whole different story, it has this overall soft appearance, specially around my waist and pecs.
  9. FreeDiver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    64

    Reputation

    Ok, this is what I've gathered so far:

    1. Lower my carb intake:
    I can lower my carbs by 30g
    2. Get more fat in:
    I can go with 20g more

    Will that do the trick?
  10. WeakPoint's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  168 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    384
    Rep Power
    275

    Reputation

    What I've been doing to up the fat intake is by adding 15 almonds in with breakfast and 15 almonds in with when I take my shake at 7:00.
  11. planetfuzz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    888
    Rep Power
    531

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeDiver View Post
    Ok, this is what I've gathered so far:

    1. Lower my carb intake:
    I can lower my carbs by 30g
    2. Get more fat in:
    I can go with 20g more

    Will that do the trick?
    If you want to lower fat, forget supplements. They will help but mean nothing without the right diet. You need to eat less carbs. Up your fat! Fat doesn't make you fat. Eat a high fat/high protein diet.
  12. JessieC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    85

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeDiver View Post
    Hi everybody, this is my first post here at AM. I've just started to workout again a couple of weeks ago after a 9 year hiatus. Right now I'm on a cutting phase first. So, what I wanna do is layout my current diet here so people with more experience and knowledge can tell me if I'm doing it right and advice me on what I could do.

    Here it goes:

    6:30 AM (Meal + Animal Cuts + Perfor-Maxx)
    Cal: 420
    Carb: 91g
    Prot: 13g
    Fat: 0g


    9:30 AM: (Shake ProComplex Gainer + Pro Complex)
    Cal: 312
    Carb: 23g
    Prot: 44g
    Fat: 5g


    12:30 PM (Meal + Animal Cuts)
    Cal: 215
    Carb: 38g
    Prot: 13g
    Fat: 3g


    3:30 PM: (Shake ProComplex Gainer + NitroCore 24)
    Cal: 328
    Carb: 31g
    Prot: 32g
    Fat: 9g


    6:30 PM (Meal + Perfor-Maxx + Animal Pumps@1 hour later)
    Cal: 260
    Carb: 50g
    Prot: 10g
    Fat: 1g

    9:30 PM: (Shake ProComplex + Nitrocore 24)
    Cal: 316
    Carb: 14g
    Prot: 49g
    Fat: 7g


    I workout from 7:30 PM to 9:00 PM. Please let me know what you think. I'm open to any suggestions you may have. Thanks!

    What are you meals consisting of?
  13. Wilderbeast's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  219.0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    487
    Rep Power
    360

    Reputation

    You do not have nearly enough solid food. What the heck are you eating from solid food, and how is it less than 20g of protein??? You need to be getting 25-50+ grams of protein per meal. I personally would recommend to anyone who isn't looking to just ALLOUT bulk to get in 200+ grams of protein and less than 200 grams of carbs per day. Fats should be in the 100-150 range, mostly from quality healthy sources such as olive oil, macadamia nut oil, natty PB, and raw nuts. Pm me if you need further assistance.

    BEAST
  14. FreeDiver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    64

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JessieC View Post
    What are you meals consisting of?
    Look a couple of posts back.
  15. JessieC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    85

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeDiver View Post
    Basically, I have three meals a day and three shakes. In a typical day, rice and beans in the morning (6:30 AM), a soy burrito at noon and a vegetable soup at night (6:30 PM). It is difficult for me to carry meals around while at work. I do eat a fair amount of nuts during the week.
    I agree with the others, you have NO FOOD in the diet. You need food to grow.
  16. mjm007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    70

    Reputation

    I agree with planetfuzz, you need to eat fats, healthy fats and lots of them. Excess in carbs is what makes people fat. I would also cut back on supplements and get more whole food into you.
  17. FreeDiver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    64

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mjm007 View Post
    I agree with planetfuzz, you need to eat fats, healthy fats and lots of them. Excess in carbs is what makes people fat. I would also cut back on supplements and get more whole food into you.
    Thanks for the reply. Like I said before It is difficult for me to carry food around while at work. What I'm doing now (thanks to the suggestions I've been given here) is eating nuts with my shakes, mostly macadamias and almonds. Anyways, I'm almost finishing my 21-day cutting cycle. The good news are that I've lost 6 pounds!. I look more ripped and have gained some lean mass too. I don't know what you guys may think about that but for avegetarian that have being working out for a month after like 8 or 9 years away from the gym, that seems to be good enough.

    Now I'm planing my diet for my 21-day Animal Test+Animal Stak Cycle. I'm definitely getting bigger meals then.
  18. planetfuzz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    888
    Rep Power
    531

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mjm007 View Post
    I agree with planetfuzz, you need to eat fats, healthy fats and lots of them. Excess in carbs is what makes people fat. I would also cut back on supplements and get more whole food into you.
    Healthy fats! So pretty much anything except trans fats. Saturated fats are very important.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. How much protein do I need? Diet Advice Needed
    By want2lose in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-07-2011, 12:47 PM
  2. My beginner diet! let me know
    By Machwon1 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-09-2010, 10:44 AM
  3. beginner looking for advice
    By 373020 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-26-2009, 09:41 AM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-17-2006, 08:10 AM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-20-2006, 03:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO