Hard boiled egges in a blender?

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
I eat 9 hard boiled eggs (5 whites/4 whole) every morning for breakfast along side a natty pb + j sandwich. I'm sure a few of you can agree with me when I say I have to nearly choke down the eggs every morning. In short, I'm tired of eating them but it's the easiest, quickest thing I can eat for breakfast here at work. Anyhow, I'm looking for ideas on how to make the eggs more palatable. I had a thought to perhaps somewhat liquify the hard boiled eggs by throwing them in a blender with say 8 oz. milk. I can easily choke that down much quicker and painlessly than eating them whole. I have two questions:

1) Will putting the hard boiled eggs in a blender and liquifying them alter the nutrional value at all?

2) Not so much a question as to ideas of what to mix with the hard boiled eggs in the blender?

Like I said, I was thinking 8-12 oz. skim milk, 9 hard boiled eggs (5 white/4 whole) maybe instead of my PB+J sandwich, I can add the 2 tbsp of pb and bit of jelly into it, omitting the bread?

Ideas are greatly appreciated.

Chucke

Awards
Dang. That's pretty hardcore Harry. I'm afraid I have no ideas on what to blend with your hard boiled eggs.

Have you thought of scrambling 3 or 4 of them and substituting a protein shake for the rest every once in a while?

Or maybe boil a few, scramble a few, and add a shake.

Or a few over easy, a couple boiled....

Or maybe replace a few of the eggs with a chicken breast (or Canadian bacon) every once in a while.

Hope this was at least a little helpful..

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
Substitution is surely an option. I haven't given it much thought. I suppose I can vary it up. Eggs are just a great simple easy source of protein.

Thanks for the input.

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
goo try it....
if the eggs are eaten uncooked ur body cannot absobr the protein thanks to 2 enzymes (forget their name). but yah boil then grind

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I used hard-boiled eggs in shakes for a while. It was awful - definitely something you have to choke down. Why not just cook the eggs by scrambling, or however you like them, the night before and refridgerate overnight?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How about getting olive oil based mayo (so you are getting olive oil for fat vs pb), chop some apples to replace the jelly and do egg salad sandwiches?

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
Have a big glass of water and make it a point to use each side of your mouth for chewing and you may be surprised how fast you can eat some eggs. Now, whether or not they sit well on your stomach is a different matter. Just make sure to chew them up well! :D

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
I have been nuking scrambled eggs lately to save time and dishes. Crack your eggs in a large bowl, stir them up with a fork, toss in the microwave. The trick is cook for about 1:45, then stir. Cook for another 1:30 and stir. Cook a bit longer till fluffy and done. Be careful not to over cook them because they get nasty. It took me a couple times to get it right, but they taste as good as scrambled in a pan. After the second round, I toss in some cooked bacon, stir it up and finish cooking. Creates a thick fluffy omlette in a bowl. Add a bit of cheese and stir again and chow down.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
All excellent points, thanks guys. I'm going to experiment this weekend when I have some free time first with a hard boiled shake. I can imagine the taste will be rough but I drink 10g's bcaa's every day in water pre workout so I'm used to drinking liquid ass. I will surely report back with my findings and thoughts. By liquifying the eggs, you don't think it will alter the nutrition will it? Jasen suggests that it wont. Anyone care to second him?

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
why not buy liquid egg whites....they are pasturized at a certain temp to kill bacteria and make them bioavailable, moreso than when cooked (enzyme advin or whatever is not a problem)

Pour it in a glass add some chocolate milk and wham....awesome. Then eat 2 or 3 hardboiled eggs.

In total, you get a ton of protein from the egg white liquid in very short easy amount of time and then you get the cholestrol needed from the whole hardboiled eggs.

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
Dude just crack them in you mouth right out of the shell, haha that is a lot of egss man...also is that maynard in your profile pick?

JessieC

JessieC

Awards
I eat 9 hard boiled eggs (5 whites/4 whole) every morning for breakfast along side a natty pb + j sandwich. I'm sure a few of you can agree with me when I say I have to nearly choke down the eggs every morning. In short, I'm tired of eating them but it's the easiest, quickest thing I can eat for breakfast here at work. Anyhow, I'm looking for ideas on how to make the eggs more palatable. I had a thought to perhaps somewhat liquify the hard boiled eggs by throwing them in a blender with say 8 oz. milk. I can easily choke that down much quicker and painlessly than eating them whole. I have two questions:

1) Will putting the hard boiled eggs in a blender and liquifying them alter the nutrional value at all?

2) Not so much a question as to ideas of what to mix with the hard boiled eggs in the blender?

Like I said, I was thinking 8-12 oz. skim milk, 9 hard boiled eggs (5 white/4 whole) maybe instead of my PB+J sandwich, I can add the 2 tbsp of pb and bit of jelly into it, omitting the bread?

Ideas are greatly appreciated.
You dont have to eat eggs for breakfast. I wait chicken and rice sometimes.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
skip the pb&j, put the eggs in the blender with a couple tablespoons of mayo and a couple tablespoons of fat free sour cream, salt, pepper and dry mustard to taste pulse it a few times and have egg salad sandwiches instead.

JessieC

JessieC

Awards
Think about investing in a MAGIC BULLET. This is a lot smaller, and a lot easier to clean up instead of using a blender.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
why not buy liquid egg whites....they are pasturized at a certain temp to kill bacteria and make them bioavailable, moreso than when cooked (enzyme advin or whatever is not a problem)

Pour it in a glass add some chocolate milk and wham....awesome. Then eat 2 or 3 hardboiled eggs.

In total, you get a ton of protein from the egg white liquid in very short easy amount of time and then you get the cholestrol needed from the whole hardboiled eggs.
I used to do this but was told it wasn't a good idea. I can't quite recall why. It was very convenient.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
skip the pb&j, put the eggs in the blender with a couple tablespoons of mayo and a couple tablespoons of fat free sour cream, salt, pepper and dry mustard to taste pulse it a few times and have egg salad sandwiches instead.
I made some egg salad tonight. It's not so bad. It's just the ease of throwing the hard boiled eggs from the fridge to my lunch pail and call it a day. Instead I will have food prep to take care of. Don't get me wrong, I'm not lazy, it's just that the time frame I make my lunch is around 7:30 when I get home from the gym. I still have to cook dinner, eat, shower and get in bed early enough. So this is where the dillema stems from.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
Think about investing in a MAGIC BULLET. This is a lot smaller, and a lot easier to clean up instead of using a blender.
Good point. I bought one for my ex gf a couple years back. They are very user friendly.

Kirk thunder

Awards
Blending eggs doesn't change the nutritional value. I blend two hard boiled eggs 1 cup fat-free milk 1 banana 1 teaspoon cinnamon every morning before workout and again after

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow, a thread from 09

Blended eggs sounds disgusting BTW.

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
let me see ... NO.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Liquid egg whites (pasturized) with choc milk. Or just buy muscle milk.

Or eat something different.

bboyflash

Awards
I always drinks raw eggs with protien powder been doin it for years besides the occasional ****s but I always take them with digestive enzymes and 2 servings of powered fiber haven't had a problem. Been doin it 2011 havent gotten sick yet

Knock on wood

BlueB

Awards
I read a study that stated that cooking eggs you actually get the full protein amount. Eating them raw you may be getting less protein than what's on the label.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I read a study that stated that cooking eggs you actually get the full protein amount. Eating them raw you may be getting less protein than what's on the label.
Correct