1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.5%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Hard boiled egges in a blender?

I eat 9 hard boiled eggs (5 whites/4 whole) every morning for breakfast along side a natty pb + j sandwich. I'm sure a few of you can agree with me when I say I have to nearly choke down the eggs every morning. In short, I'm tired of eating them but it's the easiest, quickest thing I can eat for breakfast here at work. Anyhow, I'm looking for ideas on how to make the eggs more palatable. I had a thought to perhaps somewhat liquify the hard boiled eggs by throwing them in a blender with say 8 oz. milk. I can easily choke that down much quicker and painlessly than eating them whole. I have two questions:

1) Will putting the hard boiled eggs in a blender and liquifying them alter the nutrional value at all?

2) Not so much a question as to ideas of what to mix with the hard boiled eggs in the blender?

Like I said, I was thinking 8-12 oz. skim milk, 9 hard boiled eggs (5 white/4 whole) maybe instead of my PB+J sandwich, I can add the 2 tbsp of pb and bit of jelly into it, omitting the bread?

Ideas are greatly appreciated.

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.14%

Dang. That's pretty hardcore Harry. I'm afraid I have no ideas on what to blend with your hard boiled eggs.

Have you thought of scrambling 3 or 4 of them and substituting a protein shake for the rest every once in a while?

Or maybe boil a few, scramble a few, and add a shake.

Or a few over easy, a couple boiled....

Or maybe replace a few of the eggs with a chicken breast (or Canadian bacon) every once in a while.

Hope this was at least a little helpful..
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.5%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Substitution is surely an option. I haven't given it much thought. I suppose I can vary it up. Eggs are just a great simple easy source of protein.

Thanks for the input.
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.13%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

goo try it....
    if the eggs are eaten uncooked ur body cannot absobr the protein thanks to 2 enzymes (forget their name). but yah boil then grind
    ~ IRON LIVERô________ *[It's just advice man, that's all it is! You can take or do whatever the FCUK you wanna do!]
  5. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.39%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I used hard-boiled eggs in shakes for a while. It was awful - definitely something you have to choke down. Why not just cook the eggs by scrambling, or however you like them, the night before and refridgerate overnight?
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  6. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

How about getting olive oil based mayo (so you are getting olive oil for fat vs pb), chop some apples to replace the jelly and do egg salad sandwiches?
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.11%

Have a big glass of water and make it a point to use each side of your mouth for chewing and you may be surprised how fast you can eat some eggs. Now, whether or not they sit well on your stomach is a different matter. Just make sure to chew them up well!
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.43%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I have been nuking scrambled eggs lately to save time and dishes. Crack your eggs in a large bowl, stir them up with a fork, toss in the microwave. The trick is cook for about 1:45, then stir. Cook for another 1:30 and stir. Cook a bit longer till fluffy and done. Be careful not to over cook them because they get nasty. It took me a couple times to get it right, but they taste as good as scrambled in a pan. After the second round, I toss in some cooked bacon, stir it up and finish cooking. Creates a thick fluffy omlette in a bowl. Add a bit of cheese and stir again and chow down.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.5%
    Achievements Posting Pro

All excellent points, thanks guys. I'm going to experiment this weekend when I have some free time first with a hard boiled shake. I can imagine the taste will be rough but I drink 10g's bcaa's every day in water pre workout so I'm used to drinking liquid ass. I will surely report back with my findings and thoughts. By liquifying the eggs, you don't think it will alter the nutrition will it? Jasen suggests that it wont. Anyone care to second him?
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.94%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

why not buy liquid egg whites....they are pasturized at a certain temp to kill bacteria and make them bioavailable, moreso than when cooked (enzyme advin or whatever is not a problem)

Pour it in a glass add some chocolate milk and wham....awesome. Then eat 2 or 3 hardboiled eggs.

In total, you get a ton of protein from the egg white liquid in very short easy amount of time and then you get the cholestrol needed from the whole hardboiled eggs.
  11. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.39%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

It won't affect the nutrition. It's not nearly as bitter as BCAAs either, but it has an unpleasant taste and texture none-the-less.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.48%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Dude just crack them in you mouth right out of the shell, haha that is a lot of egss man...also is that maynard in your profile pick?
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.19%

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Manback View Post
    I eat 9 hard boiled eggs (5 whites/4 whole) every morning for breakfast along side a natty pb + j sandwich. I'm sure a few of you can agree with me when I say I have to nearly choke down the eggs every morning. In short, I'm tired of eating them but it's the easiest, quickest thing I can eat for breakfast here at work. Anyhow, I'm looking for ideas on how to make the eggs more palatable. I had a thought to perhaps somewhat liquify the hard boiled eggs by throwing them in a blender with say 8 oz. milk. I can easily choke that down much quicker and painlessly than eating them whole. I have two questions:

1) Will putting the hard boiled eggs in a blender and liquifying them alter the nutrional value at all?

2) Not so much a question as to ideas of what to mix with the hard boiled eggs in the blender?

Like I said, I was thinking 8-12 oz. skim milk, 9 hard boiled eggs (5 white/4 whole) maybe instead of my PB+J sandwich, I can add the 2 tbsp of pb and bit of jelly into it, omitting the bread?

Ideas are greatly appreciated.
    You dont have to eat eggs for breakfast. I wait chicken and rice sometimes.
  14. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.65%
    Achievements Posting Pro

skip the pb&j, put the eggs in the blender with a couple tablespoons of mayo and a couple tablespoons of fat free sour cream, salt, pepper and dry mustard to taste pulse it a few times and have egg salad sandwiches instead.
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.19%

Think about investing in a MAGIC BULLET. This is a lot smaller, and a lot easier to clean up instead of using a blender.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.5%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by monsterbox View Post
    why not buy liquid egg whites....they are pasturized at a certain temp to kill bacteria and make them bioavailable, moreso than when cooked (enzyme advin or whatever is not a problem)

Pour it in a glass add some chocolate milk and wham....awesome. Then eat 2 or 3 hardboiled eggs.

In total, you get a ton of protein from the egg white liquid in very short easy amount of time and then you get the cholestrol needed from the whole hardboiled eggs.
    I used to do this but was told it wasn't a good idea. I can't quite recall why. It was very convenient.
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.5%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jayts22 View Post
    Dude just crack them in you mouth right out of the shell, haha that is a lot of egss man...also is that maynard in your profile pick?
    Yes it is.
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.5%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKNUTS View Post
    skip the pb&j, put the eggs in the blender with a couple tablespoons of mayo and a couple tablespoons of fat free sour cream, salt, pepper and dry mustard to taste pulse it a few times and have egg salad sandwiches instead.
    I made some egg salad tonight. It's not so bad. It's just the ease of throwing the hard boiled eggs from the fridge to my lunch pail and call it a day. Instead I will have food prep to take care of. Don't get me wrong, I'm not lazy, it's just that the time frame I make my lunch is around 7:30 when I get home from the gym. I still have to cook dinner, eat, shower and get in bed early enough. So this is where the dillema stems from.
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.5%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by JessieC View Post
    Think about investing in a MAGIC BULLET. This is a lot smaller, and a lot easier to clean up instead of using a blender.
    Good point. I bought one for my ex gf a couple years back. They are very user friendly.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Hard Boiled, scrambled, egg white mix?
    By ceaston in forum Recipes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-03-2012, 05:39 AM
  2. Vegetables when Boiled?
    By TipTopShape in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-14-2010, 12:24 PM
  3. boiled eggs
    By basspro in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-19-2008, 11:50 PM
  4. Boiled ground beef
    By reidhoch in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-14-2006, 06:04 PM
  5. Prepping hard boiled eggs without the shell sticking....
    By good_guye28 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-25-2004, 08:35 AM