Diet in check?

Dchristo

Awards
I'm starting my first AAS cycle in a few weeks and want to make sure my diet is in check for quality lean muscle gains?

Meal 1- 2 scoops protein 8 oz skim milk and 2 eggs plus two egg whites

Meal 2- 1 scoop oats w/ 2 tblsp natty pb and a banana

Meal 3- 8 oz chicken breast 1 cup green beans

Meal 4- 1 cup almonds and 1 apple

Meal 5- Pre-workout 2 scoops protein 8 oz skim milk and tuna sandwich whole wheat bread light mayo

Meal 6- Post workout 2 scoops myogenix aftershock and 8 oz salmon 1 cup spinach

Any input will be appreciated

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
ok so your meal 5 should not include milk,tuna,bread, or mayo. a shake and a banana are plenty for preworkout. post workout is also weak. you got the protein down with shake and salmon but you need to eat around 60 grams of carbs with the postworkout meal. As of right now you dont even have a post workout meal, just a shake. Do the shake after lifting with some carbs (dextrose, maltodextrin, waxy maize, gatorade if you got nothing else) and then eat the salmon an hour later with a bunch of vegetables.

What about vitamins, fish or flaxseed oil? Also this doesnt look like alot of calories, minus the 500 or so from lifting.. and you are in a calorie deficit. Start eating a solid breakfast with more eggs, limit the number of shakes you are drinking. You should probably figure out the eating and supplements before even considering juicing.

Dchristo

Awards
I take a multi vitamin and I get plenty of omega 3's with fish and almonds. So should I cut the shake out of meal 5 and replace with what? Also is something like aftershock better than a protein shake post workout?

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Im not familiar with aftershock, any whey isolate does the job. You can keep the shake in meal 5 and add some oatmeal to that. Take the shake out of meal 1 and replace it with more eggs. You could also do a shake as soon as you wake up instead of meal 1, before showering and everything.

I highly doubt you get enough omega3s from food. While there is plenty of good fat in fish and almonds, not always food has any omega3s. There is none in almonds and unless your salmon is wild caught, there is none in there too. Fish oil is the #1 supplement for anyone, especially bodybuilders. Take a second and do some reading about it.

Dchristo

Awards
Okay I'll get some fish oil. So add an extra meal which would just be a shake in the morning when I wake up, then have six eggs an hour or so later? Whole eggs or just egg whites?

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Okay I'll get some fish oil. So add an extra meal which would just be a shake in the morning when I wake up, then have six eggs an hour or so later? Whole eggs or just egg whites?
I do both eggs and whites, just make sure not to go over 20 whites a day..there could be biotin deficiencies. You have to calculate the total number of calories from this diet and your calorie needs based on activity. Then you need to eat at least 500 more than that amount daily, whether its from another meal or making every meal bigger. Thats the only way youre gonna gain any weight from working out.

Dchristo

Awards
Alright thanks I appreciate your input. I'm starting the diet now and I'll see what works and I'll figure out the total calories, and see what I got to change.

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
You might want to consider switching from skim to a higher fat milk. Switching to whole milk (or chocolate if you can't stand the taste) instead would be an easy and cost effective way to increase your caloric intake.

You should also consider red meat to meet your protein needs instead of shakes if you haven't already.

WeakPoint

WeakPoint

Awards
  • Established
For post work-out I would maybe do a shake with dextrose like said above with a banana or a granola bar.
This is how I would do it:
Meal 1- Breakfast
8 oz skim milk and 2 eggs plus two egg whites, 1/2 cup oats

Meal 2- Lunch
tuna sandwich whole wheat bread light mayo
1/2 cup almonds
Granola Bar

Meal 3- Dinner
8 oz chicken breast 1 cup green beans 1/2 cup brown rice

Meal 4- Pre-workout
2 scoops protein 8 oz skim milk 1/2 cup almonds and 1 apple

Meal 5- Post workout
2 scoops myogenix aftershock, 2tbsp dextrose, banana (bring to gym)

Meal 6-
8 oz salmon 1 cup spinach 1/2 cup brown rice(eat when you get home)

If needed add in a snack before bed

Not exactly sure what your schedule is so didn't know where to place the meals but I assume you have a breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Wilderbeast

Wilderbeast

Awards
  • Established
I'm starting my first AAS cycle in a few weeks and want to make sure my diet is in check for quality lean muscle gains?

Meal 1- 2 scoops protein 8 oz skim milk and 2 eggs plus two egg whites

Meal 2- 1 scoop oats w/ 2 tblsp natty pb and a banana

Meal 3- 8 oz chicken breast 1 cup green beans

Meal 4- 1 cup almonds and 1 apple

Meal 5- Pre-workout 2 scoops protein 8 oz skim milk and tuna sandwich whole wheat bread light mayo

Meal 6- Post workout 2 scoops myogenix aftershock and 8 oz salmon 1 cup spinach

Any input will be appreciated
My input:

1. Take out the skim milk and use water in your shakes, use 2 scoops of whey per shake (40-55g protein).

2. Add protein to your MEAL 2 and 4: 4-6 oz. chicken, turkey, fish (cooked) or some whey isolate

3. PreWO switch to all whey isolate for your protein OR go with a shake with some oats (keep the carbs complex and the fat from a healthy source).

4. For meal 6 break it into a PWO and a PPWO meal. You want the quick digesting protein and carbs immediately PWO and then you want the lean protein along with the healthy fats 1-2 hours later (prior to bed).

5. Keep your fats coming mostly from fatty fish (at the right times ie. early morning and closer to bed), heart-healthy oils like macadamia nut oil or EVOO, natural nut butters, and raw nuts.

6. I like to keep my carbs in my first 1-2 meals of the day, pre and post workout, and possibly in your PPWO meal if it is far enough from bedtime to get in another meal containing mainly protein/fats prior to sleep. (except pre-contest where i go KETO :) )

Regards,

BEAST

cloc

cloc

Awards
  • Established
you need more complex carbs in am and some faster digesting ones wouldn't hurt either meal 2 is lacking protein also

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Seriously? I didn't know this. How come?
I believe it has to do with their diet and also lack of activity compared to wild salmon. I think they are even fattier than wild but have more omega 6s and less omega 3s fats. Farm raised fish are given antibiotics and are exposed to higher levels of pesticides also. I personally won't eat farm raised fish.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Seriously? I didn't know this. How come?
yeah the reason wild caught salmon contains omega 3 is because of what they eat in the wild. farm raised fish eat pellets of crap. farm raised salmon also eat special chemicals that add to their color, making it all red and appetizing. it even says on the label, "color enhanced by feed"

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
Interesting. I suppose the wild caught is worth the extra few dollars more per pound.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Interesting. I suppose the wild caught is worth the extra few dollars more per pound.
yea when its around. its usualy around fresh here only in the summer, only other alternative is the frozen wild caught chinese filets. they taste good and look like theyr wild but i dont know if we can trust chinese salmon lol

make sure when you buy wild caught that it is not as bright red as the farm raised, more pink than anything. it will also look a little flatter, not as puffed up as the farm raised kinddd