my ab diet

keater824

keater824

Awards
i am training on getting abs " hopefully thanksgiving but i think Christmas is more ideal "my mindset and workouts have been in sync its just i do not know if my diet is correct... please critique and make corrections if need

height: 6'1
weight: 187
waist: 33 3/4
bf: 13%ish

i usually have a protein shake 140cal 5fat 5carb 20pro.. then with 12oz of fat free milk...
30oz of fat free milk daily after shake
1 pound of chicken breast or tenders... then grilled on the George foreman
" usually 8oz chicken and 1 cup pasta or oats
unsweetend apple sauce
salad
half gallon to a gallon of water daily...
being a college student i really dont have a time table with my meals however i always have a post workout shake and meal following my workouts..

am i on the right track on the diet side of abs?

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
yea get rid of all the milk. stay away from pasta/bread. cut all the carbs out after 6pm. try to eat high protein+high fat, lots of fish and fishoil. add cardio sessions to workouts.

keater824

keater824

Awards
ok i will cut out all the milk except in my post workout shakes.. can i ask why thou is it too much simple carbs? And i will only eat pasta b4 6pm..

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
ok i will cut out all the milk except in my post workout shakes.. can i ask why thou is it too much simple carbs? And i will only eat pasta b4 6pm..
Oh well I personally dont like milk and see no reason to drink it. On top of that it slows down my digestion. I dont have a scientific explanation but it seems to me that it is a leaner option to use water in the shakes instead of milk.

keater824

keater824

Awards
it is better option for leaning out thanks; i was just wondering

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
Oh well I personally dont like milk and see no reason to drink it. On top of that it slows down my digestion. I dont have a scientific explanation but it seems to me that it is a leaner option to use water in the shakes instead of milk.
What's even better than water and milk?

Heavy cream and water! Delicious!!

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
milk is loaded with sugars, BTW...

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Sugar in milk is not the culprit for keeping extra fat on the body, its the thick enzymes from the lactose in the milk that causes serious bloat, the sugar in milk has quite breakable glucose molecules unlike potatoes and artifical sweetners.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
Sugar in milk is not the culprit for keeping extra fat on the body, its the thick enzymes from the lactose in the milk that causes serious bloat, the sugar in milk has quite breakable glucose molecules unlike potatoes and artifical sweetners.
I thought potatoes were an easily digested carb source?

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
I thought potatoes were an easily digested carb source?
Digested sure, but good for insulin levels, NO way jose. Just because a food is easily digested does not mean its a food that one should be eating on a cut. Beef is horrible for digestion, yet due to the protein, AA, vitamin-b-12 and CLA content its GREAT for cutting; just make sure its a lean piece of meat. For example, hamburger is not a lean source of beef, but sirloin or lamb will do the job.

jacked475

Awards
Everything has pretty much been said, but just keep up your cardio as well.

freqtravel

freqtravel

Awards
If your at 13% bf now you don't have far to go... but it will be the hardest %s to lose yet. I drop down to 12% pretty easy with cardio post workouts and on off days along with dropping my calories down 300-500 per day. But it takes me a lot longer to get under 10%. You really have to be dedicated to it and make sure you eat the right foods at the right times. Every 2.5 - 3 hours. Any longer then that and you are storing fat again. No alchohol either (under age but in college - :knockedout: and as the others have said... cut out the dairy. I would only have 1 serving of dairy a day while cutting.

On another note, if you start this routine and see that you are dropping weight too fast then add back in some calories as you are burning off muslce. If this is your first cut it is going to be a bit tricky and you will have to learn from your mistakes. I would weigh myself every 3-5 days to make sure you don't need to edit your diet. I can't stress enough that you will LOSE MUSCLE if you cut your calories down too much.

Hope that helped some... good luck!

k24civic

Awards
almond milk is money. Almost no carbs and low in fat