Shirataki Noodles

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
Shirataki Noodles look promising when its time to cut. I am not sure how the soy may affect our bodies but they are super low in calories, carbs and high in fiber. Does anyone added Shirataki Noodles to their diet? Is it a good idea?

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
I've used them when I am on a keto diet and they don't seem to kick me out of ketosis. I usually pan fry them with bok choy, soy sauce, sesame oil, green onions, yellow onion and cilantro. They usually smell like fish when you open up the package but I found that if I rinse them in water, then put them in some fresh fresh water and nuke them for a 30 seconds and rinse them again the funky smell goes away.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
I've used them when I am on a keto diet and they don't seem to kick me out of ketosis. I usually pan fry them with bok choy, soy sauce, sesame oil, green onions, yellow onion and cilantro. They usually smell like fish when you open up the package but I found that if I rinse them in water, then put them in some fresh fresh water and nuke them for a 30 seconds and rinse them again the funky smell goes away.
Awesome. I'll have to give this a try. Thanks.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I've used them many times they are a good low carb, low calorie pasta replacement. The taste and texture aren't quite the same as pasta but they aren't bad.