glutamine and Keto diet

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was recently told that glutamine will kick someone out of ketosis. Is this true? If so how much is the limit? I currently have a keto diet (AD) and I take xtend and scivation whey, which both have glutamine in it. Any concerns?

ripnlean

ripnlean

Better Body Sports
Awards
LoL, wondering who told you that!
Glutamine via scivation and xtend will not kick you out of ketosis!
Ketosis will only be damaged by high carb intake, glutamine is a precursor of the anabolic muscle functions and will only help activate better protein synthesis when your body is using fat for energy!

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
glutamine if im not mistaken is great to take in ketosis because it replaces glycogen levels without the intake of carbohydrates.........

if im wrong on this someone pipe in.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
glutamine is what your muscles are made out of, and what your immune system runs off of. if you have low glutamine levels your body breaks down muscle to get it. so to not use glutamine you are asking for catabolism.

plus glutamine helps burn fat . especially when mixed with l arginine,or,better yet, l arginine alpha ketogluterate [ AAKG ].

take both together before bed and when you wake up.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
glutamine is what your muscles are made out of, and what your immune system runs off of. if you have low glutamine levels your body breaks down muscle to get it. so to not use glutamine you are asking for catabolism.

plus glutamine helps burn fat . especially when mixed with l arginine,or,better yet, l arginine alpha ketogluterate [ AAKG ].

take both together before bed and when you wake up.
i have to find where I read that glutamine kicks you out of ketosis...

as far as AAKG I had picked up a tub of it not that long ago, it was recomended to me. I throw a small amount in with my xtend for a during workout drink. Are you saying it will help with fat loss and to take twice a day??

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Heres what you're looking for guys, quoted out of The Ketogenic Diet

When talking about the carb up, but has implications towards general use.

"Individuals may wish to add glutamine as well to see if it has an added effect. It should be noted that some individuals find it more difficult to reestablish ketosis during the next weekly cycle if they use glutamine during the carb load.

"Glutamine is an optional addition that may increase liver glycogen"

As well as mentioning in the initial part of his book on how glutamine and aline are used to synthesize glucose.