PLEASE HELP NEED A WEBSITE FOR NUTRIONAL VALUE OF FOODS

seanlambo

seanlambo

Awards
thank you so much man, i was searching forever, its for my girlfriends nutrition class... gave ya reps

MK9

MK9

Awards
  • Established
No problem, and thanks!! :) Here is another one I have been looking at more recently as it contains different information such as if the food is inflamatory or anti-inflamatory, and how complete it is nutritionally speaking.
Although not as comprehensive as the above link, it may be of use.
Know what you eat
MK9

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can also use books, such as:
* Wardlaw, G. M. & Hampl, J. S. (2007). Perspectives in nutrition (7th ed.). Mc-Graw Hill: New York, New York, USA. (As well as breaking down micronutrient and macronutrient content of various foods, nutrition tables this also tells what different foods are good for - i.e. heart health, etc.)

Or diet programmes, such as:
* Diet Cruncher
* FoodWorks

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

UKStrength

Which nutrient analysis software do you prefer Rosie?

I hate the NHS standard ones, CompEAT, NetWisp or MicroDiet, they're all shockingly bad.

Trying to find a decent one for offline use on a Macintosh outside of what I'm used to and enjoy (fitday) is hard!

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You can also use books, such as:
* Wardlaw, G. M. & Hampl, J. S. (2007). Perspectives in nutrition (7th ed.). Mc-Graw Hill: New York, New York, USA. (As well as breaking down micronutrient and macronutrient content of various foods, nutrition tables this also tells what different foods are good for - i.e. heart health, etc.)

Or diet programmes, such as:
* Diet Cruncher
* FoodWorks

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

the boook u mentioed i actually own! it comes with a program called NUTRACALC pretty awesome to be honest

macro and micronutrient counts on your foods

itll show you your end numbers in terms of vitamins what you are or arent getting ect

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Which nutrient analysis software do you prefer Rosie?

I hate the NHS standard ones, CompEAT, NetWisp or MicroDiet, they're all shockingly bad.

Trying to find a decent one for offline use on a Macintosh outside of what I'm used to and enjoy (fitday) is hard!
I prefer FoodWorks. It is complete, comprehensive, and covers a very wide variety of foods and even specifically by brand as well! Diet Cruncher is ok, but nowhere near as good. Besides I prefer to have the best when it comes to using something to write out clients' nutrition plans.

the boook u mentioed i actually own! it comes with a program called NUTRACALC pretty awesome to be honest

macro and micronutrient counts on your foods

itll show you your end numbers in terms of vitamins what you are or arent getting ect
Yes, it's a good book. I have that as well as several other clinical, general, and sports nutrition textbooks.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

polackpl

polackpl

Awards
bump because I used this thread

thu_hobbit

Awards
  • Established
bump. awesoem thread with tons of great nutritional websites