How are these cal's for a semi-cut workout?

ambushunter

Awards
Ok what I mean for semi cut workout, is I'm on a 3 month program,first month bulk second semi cut third cut. Here are what my daily cal's are going to be close to this was day one's 2630 cals, 320 grams pro, 237 grams carb, 34 grams fat, this was 7 meals/snacks including pre/posworkout. My lifting consist of drop sets with 30-60 sec rest between sets, then going to do cardio for 30 min at 80% 4-5 a week. Set examples are chest flat bench 3 sets of 5, 1 set 12, 2 set 15, incline bench 3 sets 5, 2 set 12, 1 set 15, decline bench 3 sets of 5, 1 set 15, 1 set 12. Then for triceps, close grip bench, 2 sets 5, 1 set 12, 2 set 15, kick backs 2 sets 5, 1 set 12, 2 set 15, seated over head extension, 2 set 5, 1 set 12, 2 set 15.
I'm 6'4" 220# Body fat is at 13% with most of it being around my abs. plan to lift min 4 days max 6, depending on how I feel. Are my carbs too high? I should add supps I', taking are multi vitamin, extra b12, niacin, vit E, vit C, 1000 fish oil, L carnine, and EC twice a day, protien, creatine 5-10 grams and NO Explode pre work out

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
i doubt you will need extra niacin in supplemeplent form...especially if your diet is mostly on point. plus you have a multivitamin AND vit E, b12, and C....you dont need to overdue it on the vit's

I would say to take out the kickbacks and do skullcrushers, but other than that your workout looks decent.

As for cals, with that much acvitivity I think those cals are good..you can also tweak it from week to week by 50-100 calories a day just to dance that line of recomping (building muscle while burning fat)

ambushunter

Awards
Thanks I did kick backs because I was wooped with the new workout. The 60 sec rest is new I plan to do wieghted dips instead

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
yea, right on. i would alternate between weighted dips and skullcrushers. Just make sure you include close grip, dips, and skullcrushers throughout your chest/tri days. Not necessarily all 3 in each day but you know..

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Carbs are definitely not too high, if anything I might increase them in your diet as well as calories.
Recently I was pretty close to where you are at - 6'2" 220 lbs. maybe 12% BF
In a month of 5-6 days training with 4 cardio sessions 30 minutes heart rate at 143, I cut in to 206 lbs, 7.8%. My calories were somewhere around 2800, 45% carbs, 35% protein, and 20% fat.
I would suggest cleaning up the calorie sources rather than carb restricting quite so much. You are a big boy sittin at 6'4" somewhere between 220 and 240. You need to have some good carbs so your workouts are intense. :) But thats's up to you. What you have suggested definitely looks muscle sparing and fat reducing.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
I agree, you could add some cals, but I would add more fat. How are you going to bulk on 2600 cals as big as you already are? Especially doing high intensity drop sets. If you are set on that workout, I would go up to around 3500 for the bulking phase.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
I agree, you could add some cals, but I would add more fat. How are you going to bulk on 2600 cals as big as you already are? Especially doing high intensity drop sets. If you are set on that workout, I would go up to around 3500 for the bulking phase.
at least. if not, 3700-4000

olive oil and natural pb are you new friends.

Matt6969

Awards
  • Established
if u r doing a bulk cycle y r u running. running is a great thing but not for people who are on a purely bulk cycle. maybe i am just not understanding