Critique My upcoming diet

GetSwoll

GetSwoll

Banned
Awards
Starting Monday the 21st, im starting another diet plan.

Stats: 5'9" 217lbs - BF% 9ish

Goal: maintain weight while shedding a bit more fat around my lower abs and obliques.

270 cals - 2 scoops of Whey blend - 4 grams fat - 7 grams carbs - 52 grams protein

100 cals - 1 tbsp PB - 8 grams fat - 3 grams carbs - 3.5 grams protein

150 cals - 1/2 cup oats - 3 grams fat - 27 grams carbs - 5 grams protein

Total (per meal)
520 cals - 15 fat - 37 carbs - 60.5 protein

6 meals a day will equate to:
3120 cals - 90 fat - 222 carbs - 363 Protein

Training: 6 days a week, split routine, no cardio

Anabolics used: Very low dose of Test (350), 200 Tren e, 20 mgs pplex bridging into Oral winnie (not sure on dose yet)

Supps: Multi, taurine, glutamine, Creatine mono, ECY, NAC

Do my macros seem alright? Should i lower cals/carbs slightly? More fat? less this, more that? :think:

Looking for ideas to tweek this diet. Im not going to deviate from the ingredients, but im open to altering macros.

Advice from people who know their sh*t would be greatly appreciated.

EMT803

EMT803

Awards
I'm not an expert or anything but I think that it looks good, or at least I think that something similiar would be about what my gameplan would be. The main thing that works for my body when I'm trying to lose fat and maintain muscle (which is difficult for me at best) is to pay attention to complex vs simple carbs (especially the timing of the two through out the day) and concentrating on minimizing saturated fats. I eat all the mono saturated I want. I still do my simple carbs post workout (which is always in the a.m.) and I try to ramp down on carbs towards bedtime. I'm not a competitive builder or anything so I'm not as strict as a lot of you guys might be, but even during a "bulk" I try and keep that same plan and just up my calories.
I was looking at your stats and was impressed. I'm 5'8" and 180 lbs. I'd kill to be an inch taller and 30 lbs heavier. I have to eat like a horse to get up to 195 lbs and end up probably over 9% bf so what I do might not work for you. Who know's, maybe I'm doing something wrong. Keep this updated so I can see how your plan works out for you. Thanks.

EMT803

EMT803

Awards
Oh yeah, almost forgot. Especially when I try to cut down a little bit I definetly go by the no processed foods theory as much as feasibly possible. I tell myself at the grocery store, "if the food's not being sold very close to the way that God made it in the first place, I'm not buying it". It gets to be difficult at times and it feels like I have to eat a LOT more food to get my calories, but it seems to make me feel better. You got to figure that God knew what he was doing when he provided fuel for the machine that he designed. That's just me though.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
So you are going to have 6 shakes a day? And if you forgot, God didn't create whey protein powder. You should substitute at least 4 meal for some food with equivalent macros at least. I would probably carb cycle down to around 100 carbs for a couple days then bump them for a day or two and repeat.

EMT803

EMT803

Awards
GetSwoll, your new diet plan isn't ALL shakes is it? I didn't look closely enough at your post apparently. My apologies.
youngandfree I'd like to say thank you. All this time I'd been thinking that the protein trees had been over forested and were on the brink of extinction. I hadn't ever seen one and was starting to get VERY anxious. I'm cutting out pre/post workout shakes all together now. Again, thank you.

Matt6969

Awards
  • Established
that is a lot of protein. will your body even be able to absorb that much? just curious cause i dont know

daytonaMuscle

Awards
dude i wish i could eat that much protein. so hard to get it all in

ripnlean

ripnlean

Better Body Sports
Awards
Decrease the Carb intake, Probably would be best to cut those off after Noon time.
3 meals with Oats, 3 without.
and Remember/ Your metabolism revs up much more burning up real food as opposed to whey shakes. Sub your shakes with Chicken and Beef/Fish. That should get you goin.
2 shakes per day is more than enough.
This looks a bit like the velocity diet!

EMT803

EMT803

Awards
Decrease the Carb intake, Probably would be best to cut those off after Noon time.
3 meals with Oats, 3 without.
and Remember/ Your metabolism revs up much more burning up real food as opposed to whey shakes. Sub your shakes with Chicken and Beef/Fish. That should get you goin.
2 shakes per day is more than enough.
This looks a bit like the velocity diet!
That works really well for me to.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
ur body can only absorb so much

absorption doesnt matter. protein has a higher thermogenic effect than fat or carbs so it makes more sense to use higher amounts. all of the extra that the body cannot use for muscle maintenance will then be turned to glucose and used for energy anyway.