Good fats

tshaw024

Awards
I know the typical good fats, PB, flax seed, almonds. What are some other good fats to include in my diet?

Althalus

Awards
Extra virgin olive oil is a good one to add. Put it on a salad, toss it in some soup, or just use it as kind of a dipping sauce for whatever else you may eat (really adds some great flavor to grilled chicken in my opinion)...tasty stuff and extremely high in good fats.

You could also get a Fish Oil supplement (EPA/DHA) if you don't have one already.

ccapone1153

ccapone1153

Awards
  • Established
Don't neglect saturated fats.
no need to add additional sat fats just for the sake of having them. If you eat steak and whole eggs u get plenty of fat i wouldnt like go eat mcdonalds and tell urself its going to hlpe u build muscle for example. lol

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
no need to add additional sat fats just for the sake of having them. If you eat steak and whole eggs u get plenty of fat i wouldnt like go eat mcdonalds and tell urself its going to hlpe u build muscle for example. lol
Well of course not! McDonald's is an extreme example, haha. I think that things such as liver, coconut oil, and butter are great for a healthy diet. They defiantly have their benefits. Check out some info on that link if you're curious.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1 whole egg has ~1.5g of sat fat. That's a lot of eggs to eat to get a good amount of sat fat.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
1 whole egg has ~1.5g of sat fat. That's a lot of eggs to eat to get a good amount of sat fat.
Agreed! That's why I also eat chicken skin, beef, butter, liver, coconut oil, and any other fat I can get my hands on!