Help with recomp diet.........

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.33%

Help with recomp diet.........

So from what I understand you want to take in protein with carbs early in the day, and protein with fat later in the day? My maintenance cals are roughly 3200 per day. Should I go above or below that per day? Also, what should my macros look like on a recomp diet? maybe 50/30/20 P/F/Carbs?

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

this would be correct, but as far as ive heard the only way to recomp is to use carb cycling. for the most part its just cutting or bulking. if theres an easier way, id love to try it
    CELTIC LABS REP
  3. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by tshaw024 View Post
    So from what I understand you want to take in protein with carbs early in the day, and protein with fat later in the day? My maintenance cals are roughly 3200 per day. Should I go above or below that per day? Also, what should my macros look like on a recomp diet? maybe 50/30/20 P/F/Carbs?
    Did you read the article I directed you to in another thread? It has all the diet/nutrition tips and advice needed there re meals, etc.

For recomping you want to calorie cycle. This means higher than Maintenance some days and then lower than Maintenance for some days. Whether you do 3-4 days at or below Maintenance/1-2 days above Maintenance or higher than Maintenance on resistance training days/lower than Maintenance on non-resistance training days is up to you; you need to find what works best for YOU!

As for macros, different macros work differently for each individual. Again, you need to find YOUR "sweet spot". A general rule though would be at least 1 gram or protein per pound of body mass, at least 50-100g of carbohydrates and 60-100 grams of fat daily; how you do the rest once that is sorted is up to you.

The extra calories on higher than Maintenance days usually come from carbohydrates. And on those days you should forget about counting calories and have as "cheat" days.

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.33%

I must have missed the link. That's a pretty tough diet to follow.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.33%

Is it ok to have a tiny bit of fat with my carbs earlier in the day, vice versa in the evening? I have a diet worked out but I have a few grams of carbs in the evening with my protein/fat meals. Is that ok on a recomp diet or should there be no grams of carbs in the evening, nd no grams of fat in the morning whatsoever?
  6. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I must have missed the link. That's a pretty tough diet to follow.
    What's hard about it? It's a LIFESTYLE diet; it is not restricting calories or carbohydrates or a 'quick-fix' diet.

Is it ok to have a tiny bit of fat with my carbs earlier in the day, vice versa in the evening? I have a diet worked out but I have a few grams of carbs in the evening with my protein/fat meals. Is that ok on a recomp diet or should there be no grams of carbs in the evening, nd no grams of fat in the morning whatsoever?
    It's ok to have fat with your meals at any time. It's also ok to have carbohydrates with your meals at any time. You don't need to be ridiculous with your carbohydrates, etc.

A recomp diet is basically anything that works for YOU in increasing muscle mass with minimal or no fat gains.

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.2%

Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    For recomping you want to calorie cycle. This means higher than Maintenance some days and then lower than Maintenance for some days. Whether you do 3-4 days at or below Maintenance/1-2 days above Maintenance or higher than Maintenance on resistance training days/lower than Maintenance on non-resistance training days is up to you; you need to find what works best for YOU!

agreed. for example if u do a five day split i would have back and legs day be your high carb days and then ur off days low - no carb days and the rest of ur training days moderate carbs - 50 - 150. but like rosie said u kinda gotta play aournd with it. no1 can exactly tell u what to use.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Recomp Diet
    By Jeff5886 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-02-2011, 07:29 PM
  2. The Anabolic Diet best recomp diet?
    By JayRock in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-10-2011, 10:31 AM
  3. cut/recomp diet
    By freakdego21 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 13