New to body building

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.17%

New to body building

Hi Guys

I am new to this forum and the whole world of body building, some time ago i had tried but I quit in short order as Became fatigued easily and my muscles would hurt me for many days leaving me immobile. I also noticed I had but on 10 extra pounds i started out at 180 and in 2 months i had gone up to 190 so to me it seemed all counter productive. I finally stopped i am now back to my required body weight however I am planning to return to body building soon.
    In my quest for that perfect figure I do not want to put on any fat just muscles
    your advise would be greatly appreciated.

2. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Ironnino View Post
    Hi Guys

I am new to this forum and the whole world of body building, some time ago i had tried but I quit in short order as Became fatigued easily and my muscles would hurt me for many days leaving me immobile. I also noticed I had but on 10 extra pounds i started out at 180 and in 2 months i had gone up to 190 so to me it seemed all counter productive. I finally stopped i am now back to my required body weight however I am planning to return to body building soon.
    In my quest for that perfect figure I do not want to put on any fat just muscles
    your advise would be greatly appreciated.
    For a start, fatigue and DOMS (i.e. delayed onset of muscle soreness) is normal and expected if you start any training regime and are not used to it; and you are likely to experience it again until your body adapts when you start back at it.

Second, gaining weight is not a BAD thing, especially if you want to gain muscle mass. And you WILL gain weight and you WILL be heavier, as muscle weighs weight. Gaining weight is NOT counterproductive, and if you do NOT want to gain any, then bodybuilding may not be for you, as even if you lost fat and gained muscle you could still be heavier, as muscle weighs more than fat.

Third, if you want to gain muscle then gaining fat comes with it. However, you can successfully gain muscle mass with MINIMAL fat gain; this IS a long and slow process, though and requires perfect manipulation of your diet and training targeted at recomping.

I recommend that you get yourself a fitness management consultant/personal trainer, who knows their stuff, who will write you an individualized plan re nutrition and diet for your goals.

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

Similar Forum Threads

1. New to body building???
    By 4evathrowed in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-18-2011, 05:50 PM
  2. Building Your Character by Building Your Body
    By Future in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-28-2010, 10:26 PM
  3. Body Building
    By J Jack3d in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0