Best diet period.............

tshaw024

Awards
So I am between 210-and 215 lbs, 6 ft tall. I'd like to weigh 220 lbs. I am between 13-15% bf, and would like to be around 8%. What is the best diet for me to go on? I realize this could take quite a few months to accomplish my goal. I want to lose fat while at the same time gain lean body mass.

notlef70

Awards
There is no "best diet." You simply have to experiment with one and make changes along the way. However, please seek others on the sit who have been "where you are trying to go." This will make your journey much more tolerable...

tshaw024

Awards
I'm wondering is 180 carbs low enough to cut fat, but high enough to help build muscle? I am running 335 protein, 90 grams fat, 180 carbs a day at around 2600 cals. I want to get to 220 lbs, and cut bodyfat. Will these macros accomplish that?

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
adding 5-10 lean pounds and cutting 7% body fat at the same time is very difficult.

You can recomp but it will most likely take a little longer than "a few months"

tshaw024

Awards
Understood, is this diet on the right track or do I need to change my macros

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cutting carbs significantly while keeping protein levels elevated was the only thing that has ever gotten me lean and I got very very lean doing so.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Increasing cardio and reducing caloric intake is the most effective way to cut BF. Adding in BCAAs during training will also help to reduce catabolism and begin protein synthesis. That being said, your goal is something that is much more likely to take 12-15 months.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I am between 210-and 215 lbs, 6 ft tall. I'd like to weigh 220 lbs. I am between 13-15% bf, and would like to be around 8%. What is the best diet for me to go on? I realize this could take quite a few months to accomplish my goal. I want to lose fat while at the same time gain lean body mass.
If you are 210-215 lb at 13-15% bodyfat (BF) that means that you have 27.3-32.25 lb of BF and 182.7-182.75 lb of lean body mass (LBM).

If you want to be 220lb at 8% BF, then you must lose 9.7-14.65 lb of BF and GAIN 19.7-19.75 lb of LBM.

You want recomp. This is a long and slow process, and, as Ryan said, will take at LEAST a year to achieve. It CAN be achieved though. To do it you will have to be very patient and manipulate your diet and training as is best for YOU.

There is NO "best diet" for this. Everyone is different and responds to different nutrition plans differently. As said before, you will need to experiment to see what works for you.

Personally I would recommend calorie cycling for recomping, as you do not want to outright cut or bulk.

Ryan offers good advice:
Increasing cardio and reducing caloric intake is the most effective way to cut BF. Adding in BCAAs during training will also help to reduce catabolism and begin protein synthesis. That being said, your goal is something that is much more likely to take 12-15 months.
I highly recommend that you read The 3 Keys to Fat Loss; everything in this also applies to recomping (except the calorie intake, which should vary on a daily basis, such as calorie cycling, as I mentioned; otherwise you will just lose BF and not gain LBM).

I also recommend that you get yourself a personal trainer, as they should best be able to provide you with an appropriate training programme (and nutrition plan) for your goals. They also provide a source of accountability for you, which has been proven to generally aid in people achieving their body goals faster.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What is a recomp diet?
Manipulating your calories to achieve muscle growth and strength gains, whilst either gaining minimal fat staying relatively lean. You would use the same kind of diet (i.e. NOT a "diet" at all, but lifestyle eating; information given in above link) as you would for either cutting or bulking, except that your calories would be different: Some days you would need higher than Maintenance and others days lower than Maintenance; hence why I recommended calorie cycling.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

tshaw024

Awards
Rosie is a lifesaver, nothing but great info from that girl. Looks like I need to do more research on a recomp plan. Looks like that is exactly what I'm looking for. Any recommendations on where to find some very specific recomp info?? Thanks again