Low testosterone?

5'-6" 176lbs
    43 yrs
    Never had AAS, only OC supplements

My blood test:
    Testosterone, Total: 150
    Testosterone, Free: 36.4
    Low test?

I had my testosterone tested by my my normal family doctor. I called and discussed the results with the nurse at the doctors office, and she told me that testosterone levels are normal. I had to ask her to provide the actual numbers. She did eventually after a long hold.
    Testosterone, Total: 150
    Testosterone, Free: 36.4
    I told the nurse that I thought this was low from what I studied on the internet. I stated 200 is the lowest that I thought was OK.
    She put me on hold and conferred with the doctor and again told me that my free level is what mattered and it was fine. I told the nurse that I told the nurse that I thought 36.4 was low from what I studied on the internet.
    I was on test improvement supplements, and if my test was this low on test improvement supplements, I would hate to see what it would be without the supplements, and I think I still have a low testosterone problem. The nurse disagreed with me and stated I was fine and had nothing to worry about. I then asked for a referral to see another doctor, preferably a doctor who specializes in sports. The nurse told me to pick up a referral on Thursday, but not sure of who she will refer me to.

I am not a doctor. Was I out of line?
    Any suggestions?
    Any suggested local docs? I live in South Holland, IL which is a south suburb of the Chicago area.

Thank you for your assistance.
    Peace.
    Greg Alcorn

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.47%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

post this in the "Male Anti-Aging Medicine" section, you'll get tons more replies i'd say! I'd agree on the lower than 200 seeming low, from what i've read
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-23-2009, 06:32 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-06-2009, 08:58 AM
  3. For Sale: testosterone recovery stack (Testosterone Boosters)
    By spartan300 in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-22-2009, 09:24 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-10-2008, 03:51 AM
  5. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 03:08 PM