- 09-15-2009, 08:35 PM
does anyone know how much protein your body can absorb in a given time period....for example if i have a post workout shake of 40g's of protein and a half hour later i want to eat a can of tuna...will my body be able to absorb the full amount of protein in the tuna or is my body still digesting the protein from the shake which would make the protein in the tuna worthless?
- 09-15-2009, 09:04 PM
Typically, your body can digest approximately 20g / hr.
- 09-16-2009, 10:33 AM
Would this change if your on something hormonal?
09-16-2009, 11:17 AM
09-16-2009, 11:58 AM
Thanks Bro. That's what I thought just double checking.
09-16-2009, 12:13 PM
09-16-2009, 02:55 PM
see i was always told ur body can take up to 40g's of protein at one time...but never was told how long it would take that 40g's to be digested before you can put more protein into your body
09-17-2009, 02:13 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By robotj in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 4Last Post: 02-20-2009, 12:43 PM
- By Dyou in forum AnabolicsReplies: 3Last Post: 11-17-2008, 07:20 PM
- By dsw222 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 0Last Post: 05-15-2007, 09:01 AM
- By chainsaw in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 8Last Post: 05-26-2006, 08:10 AM
- By Jag in forum Weight LossReplies: 5Last Post: 01-01-2004, 11:08 PM