Eating once a day??? - AnabolicMinds.com

Eating once a day???

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  293 lbs.

Eating once a day???

So I wonder if anyone has herd of this. A couple buddies at work do this (I work in an ER so we all have a good knowledge) They eat once per day. Based on their size and what they say they eat Im guessing there around 1500 to 1800 cal per day. Here is their basis for it. (if you believe in evolution) Human genetics havent changed in thousands of years. The only thing that has changed is the availability of food. It used to be that we hunted, gathered, and worked during the day. Brought food back to the tribe and then ate at night. Just wondering if anyone here has heard of this or does this? To a point I think it does make sence

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  285 lbs.

What is the goal of this once per day diet? Not dying? Then, yes, it should work quite well.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  186 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by UGHQTempus View Post
    What is the goal of this once per day diet? Not dying? Then, yes, it should work quite well.
    Not getting big I would guess.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  293 lbs.

Im not considering it. If thats what people are thinking. Just curious if anyone does this, has tried it, or could give a better insite into it. The premis just kind of sparked an interest. Thats all
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

Yea Ive actually read a bunch of research on the difference of 3 meals or 6. Supposedly the body is in a "fed" nutrient absorbing state for 5-7 hours after eating a good meal. So basically eating 3 meals with same number of calories as in 5 is the same thing. I think its just easier to spread all the calories through 5-6 meals but if the calories are there in 3 what difference does it make? Eating less frequently might not work for people with a very fast metabolism trying to gain weight, but other than that it might be ok.
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

your body is designed to do one thing, survive. it does not care that you want to look good or get big that's where how you eat and train come in. if you spread out the meals your body does not "think" there is a food shortage therefore it will use more of what it has and get rid of more in the form of waste because theres no need to store the majority of it cause it believes its going to get more.

as far as eating once a day, and it being part of evolution and all remember one thing, we human probably used to throw poo at each other, not whip after going and didn't bathe regularly.......a lot has changed my friend
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by lennoxchi View Post
    your body is designed to do one thing, survive. it does not care that you want to look good or get big that's where how you eat and train come in. if you spread out the meals your body does not "think" there is a food shortage therefore it will use more of what it has and get rid of more in the form of waste because theres no need to store the majority of it cause it believes its going to get more.

as far as eating once a day, and it being part of evolution and all remember one thing, we human probably used to throw poo at each other, not whip after going and didn't bathe regularly.......a lot has changed my friend
    hahaha i bet i can find plenty of people that fling poo, dont wipe and dont bathe regularly! you honestly think that the body can "think" or reason when it comes to managing nutrients and resources? it has no way of knowing that its going to get more food, how is that possible? your body knows as far as its about to digest a chicken breast with some brocolli, and when you eat again the process repeats. sure spacing out your meals will probably provide a more stable source of energy, but there is no evidence of our mammal bodies changing and adopting to a 6 meal bodybuilding regime.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

what im saying is that the body has many processes that control and store nutrients that are coming in, but has no mechanism to plan for the rest of the day. it just repeats its own cycles of GH release, sleep/melatonin release, gastric emptying, etc. those events are mapped onto a 24 hour clock, and thats as far as the body knows.
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    hahaha i bet i can find plenty of people that fling poo, dont wipe and dont bathe regularly! you honestly think that the body can "think" or reason when it comes to managing nutrients and resources? it has no way of knowing that its going to get more food, how is that possible? your body knows as far as its about to digest a chicken breast with some brocolli, and when you eat again the process repeats. sure spacing out your meals will probably provide a more stable source of energy, but there is no evidence of our mammal bodies changing and adopting to a 6 meal bodybuilding regime.
    i don't know man. when i started this lifestyle and went from eating 3 meals a day to 6 (every 3 hours) i start getting cranky and hungry around that 2-1/2 or 3 hour mark. ive been eating 5 to 6 meals a day now for years and my body knows when it's time to eat again. i start getting shakey and irratable if i don't get food at that time or soon after, i don't even need to look at the clock anymore.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

i don't know man. when i started this lifestyle and went from eating 3 meals a day to 6 (every 3 hours) i start getting cranky and hungry around that 2-1/2 or 3 hour mark. ive been eating 5 to 6 meals a day now for years and my body knows when it's time to eat again. i start getting shakey and irratable if i don't get food at that time or soon after, i don't even need to look at the clock anymore.
    well thats pretty simple. since you are feeding the body more often then it is forced to metabolize food faster. so your body burns through a meal faster than someone with a slower metabolism and then it gets cranky and wants more food. I guess there is truth to both sides of this story, because more frequent meals do stimulate the metabolism more. still, the body doesnt know when its getting fed again...lol it really wants to know but theres no internet in the gut world
  11. jim623

I'm sure when the men were out hunting they ate crap like bugs, berries, ect... I don't see how they could attack and kill a big hairy elephant, much less out run a buck tooth tiger without eating.
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jim623 View Post
    I'm sure when the men were out hunting they ate crap like bugs, berries, ect... I don't see how they could attack and kill a big hairy elephant, much less out run a buck tooth tiger without eating.
    hunger + danger = adrenaline!!! prehistoric men ran straight up on just balls

13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

You must spread some around before giving it to Lennoxchi again! Good post man.
  14. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post

thats extremely easy. the same way that your body '' gets used to '' certain drugs and supplements and acts differently when suddenly it doesnt get those same things.

tom venuto explained it this way [rougly] : if you have a job making $10,000 a month, you will spend money( energy/fat) a certain way ( probably pretty freely). now, imagine you lose your job and you have to get a new one making 3,000 a month. the spending( burning) of your money( energy/fat) will drastically slow down to conserve what you have.

there are endless analogies . imagine someone that is always 10 minutes late to work, if 2 hours after the time hes supposed to get there, and hes not there, wouldnt you assume hes not coming? if you usually feed your body frequently, but then you go 6 hours without, naturally your body would think its not getting fed.

our bodies absolutely have the ability to 'think', and sometimes are wrong. just look at any auto immune disease - rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, etc.
    For me, the action IS the juice.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I'm surprised no one has brought up the Warrior Diet yet.

Its a holistic diet based around a long period of undereating (i.e. fasting) followed by a period of overeating. It's an interesting read even if you don't necessarily or flat out disagree with it.

I did that for about a summer just to give it a try and it was interesting to say the least....
  16. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by PublicEnemy View Post
    I'm surprised no one has brought up the Warrior Diet yet.

Its a holistic diet based around a long period of undereating (i.e. fasting) followed by a period of overeating. It's an interesting read even if you don't necessarily or flat out disagree with it.

I did that for about a summer just to give it a try and it was interesting to say the least....

its funny, i was thinking about this same concept last night. apparently i ate at like 10, then a friend came over, and some how we played rockband 2 ( i just got it, so we were eager to play it ) for about 6 hours, then i waited for wendys to open up to get breakfast, and it turns out they in fact are not open at 6am like google said ( b%tches, had to go to mcdonalds anyway after waiting for wendys to supposedly open up ) so i got to eat at almost 7am.

long story short, i went a long time without eating and then when i ate.......the food was gone in 2 minutes.

im sure this is similar to the warrior diet.........lol
    For me, the action IS the juice.
  17. New Member

i have a theory that when the stomach is full it will release bodyfat. I know when i drink a protein shake my stomach isnt full and I dont feel that increased metabolism feeling but when I eat 10 egg whites my stomach almost feels like it starts to sink in. Anyone else experience this?
  18. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by jontrainer View Post
    i have a theory that when the stomach is full it will release bodyfat. I know when i drink a protein shake my stomach isnt full and I dont feel that increased metabolism feeling but when I eat 10 egg whites my stomach almost feels like it starts to sink in. Anyone else experience this?
    The stomach releases food into the small intestines. What you eat and how much of it, not your stomach, dictates whether you gain fat.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  285 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jontrainer View Post
    WTF? How does the stomach "release" body fat?

You do realize that it basically goes chew->process->enter blood stream-> use or store depending on factors*

factors like insulin levels, energy requirements, and other hormonal things.
  20. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Yeah your right.. a long time ago cave men used to do this, R U or your friends cavemen?
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jcr1 View Post
    Yeah your right.. a long time ago cave men used to do this, R U or your friends cavemen?
    you have the same body as what caveman did. we evolved into this body 500,000 years ago and it has not evolved much at all
  22. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

your definatly refering to the Warrior Diet. it is an intresting read as mentioned before. it basically gives the body plenty of time to fully digest the food, and then allows it to detox, during the undereating stage. you still eat lightly, through the day, but very little. then in the evening you enter the overeating stage, and your body is almost in post workout mode as in it's abilities to soak up whatevers coming in next. you have to eat very clean for this to be effective, but it makes sense in the book. definatly not a bodybuilders diet, but for lean, athletic, functionally strong people, i think it would work great. i had a freind do it for about a year, and he went from about 235 and somewhat bulky, down to 170 and super lean and shredded. all the guys swore he looked sick, but he loved it and it worked for him.
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

They work in an ER and say the human body hasn't evolved in 1,000. Keep me as far away from that hospital as possible.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. eating what ever you want?
    By lemon in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-11-2010, 08:00 PM
  2. Eating
    By loganccga in forum Bulking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-07-2009, 01:46 AM
  3. Eating
    By loganccga in forum Powerlifting/Strongman